Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline rollsfixer  
#1 Posted : 24 March 2019 01:00:21(UTC)
rollsfixer

United States   
Just acquired a used Trix #22816 made ~2015. decoder cv8=131 (Trix decoder)

I want to use this locomotive with Digitrax DCC. When starting up, the locomotive operating sounds (chuff, etc.) are mute. The Trix locomotive manual indicates f2 is for operating sounds, and indeed, f2 produces operating sound, but only while button is held down. With Digitrax, f2 is normally a whistle, which sounds for as long as the button is held, but only while held.

I would like to have f1 work the bell, f2 work the whistle, and f8 toggle on-off operating sounds. Trix USA sent me a cv list for m SD / 3, m LD / 3 - CV list - DCC which is supposed to be for this locomotive, but I am unable to figure out how to make these changes.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 24 March 2019 12:49:05(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: rollsfixer Go to Quoted Post
Just acquired a used Trix #22816 made ~2015. decoder cv8=131 (Trix decoder)

I want to use this locomotive with Digitrax DCC. When starting up, the locomotive operating sounds (chuff, etc.) are mute. The Trix locomotive manual indicates f2 is for operating sounds, and indeed, f2 produces operating sound, but only while button is held down. With Digitrax, f2 is normally a whistle, which sounds for as long as the button is held, but only while held.

I would like to have f1 work the bell, f2 work the whistle, and f8 toggle on-off operating sounds. Trix USA sent me a cv list for m SD / 3, m LD / 3 - CV list - DCC which is supposed to be for this locomotive, but I am unable to figure out how to make these changes.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I have a feeling that loco will have the earlier decoder than the version 3 one. I don't know anything about how function mapping is done in those.

Offline rollsfixer  
#3 Posted : 20 August 2019 16:37:19(UTC)
rollsfixer

United States   
Update:

After much frustration, I decided to swap decoders. The Trix decoder is a 21 pin style, and it plugs into the Trix motherboard. TCS Wow Sound, Wow-121, is also a 21 pin decoder. Pull off the Trix decoder, press on the Wow-121, and the problem is fixed. Cost me $79 for the decoder at an on-line discount train store. This is a very acceptable solution because the Wow Sound decoders are among the best you can get anywhere (my opinion, absolute best, but others might disagree).

The issue here is customer support. Trix -Marklin is non existent. TCS is dial phone, talk to a smart tech, and get the correct answer right away. Hate to say it, but if you want it to work, go elsewhere than Trix-Marklin.