Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Melbourne marklin  
#1 Posted : 13 February 2019 22:53:28(UTC)
Melbourne marklin

Australia   
Hello good forum people... do many people use this function / running programe? If so id like to hear if it really adds a new dimension to running your trains or is more of interesting thing but not worth it?

thanks all
A newbie to this hobby, All Marklin HO, Swiss only, across all eras, largeish 5m x 4m layout in planning, small table top training table in operation.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Melbourne marklin
Offline MaerklinLife  
#2 Posted : 14 February 2019 10:55:56(UTC)
MaerklinLife

This is the kind of feature that really splits people. I know of some who truly love it and find it to be fun and use it all the time.

I also know of people (myself included) who never uses it.

Not because I don't like it or something like that, simply because it is not the way I run my trains.

I have nothing against the feature, it is there, who cares, if I don't use it, I simply leave it be.

That being said, I do find the fuel consumption part interesting and if I could get retrofit decoders to fit in my non mfx+ locos, I might pick that feature up. I believe it would add to the realism of my running sessions if I have to refuel my locos.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline artfull dodger  
#3 Posted : 14 February 2019 18:48:13(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
I do not use it nor plan to. I have been shown how to operate newer MFX locos on my older Uhlenbrock Intellibox digital control system. And even its a bit to complex for me at times. I only went digital to get access to the sound in my class 44 from my Langer Heinrich set and ease of turnout/signal control. Old layouts with all the turnout wiring tended to end up as a "rats nest". So much cleaner just having a few feeder wires to the track and nothing extra to the turnouts. That said, it is a neat function and fun to watch others use it. Mike the Aspie
Silly NT's..I have Asperger's Syndrome!!!!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by artfull dodger
Offline loderunner  
#4 Posted : 14 February 2019 19:02:01(UTC)
loderunner

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Melbourne marklin Go to Quoted Post
Hello good forum people... do many people use this function / running programe? If so id like to hear if it really adds a new dimension to running your trains or is more of interesting thing but not worth it?

thanks all

I have never used this feature. I think it is just a marketing ploy, because it does not add any value to the model rail road. I would rather watch actual trains running on the tracks than a simulated unrealistic scenery.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by loderunner
Offline TEEWolf  
#5 Posted : 14 February 2019 20:01:08(UTC)
TEEWolf

thanks all

Yes, I do. But I really have problems doing my driver license, generally for locos and especially for steamer. Not easy.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline TEEWolf  
#6 Posted : 14 February 2019 20:08:55(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: loderunner Go to Quoted Post

thanks all

I have never used this feature. I think it is just a marketing ploy, because it does not add any value to the model rail road. I would rather watch actual trains running on the tracks than a simulated unrealistic scenery.

In my opinion it is not only a marketing feature, it is a real selling argument. I remember the last IMA days in Göppingen. A little boy was playing around with the new CS 3, not really knowing what to do. I showed him the new mfx+ feature operating a loco from the front cab. Wow, I myself was surpised as this boy (about 10 years old) started playing. Much better as could have done it. When his father came by he asked him, if he will buy a CS 3. Then I had really a smile in my face.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf