Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline artfull dodger  
#1 Posted : 05 February 2019 19:01:08(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
Here is a short video of my Regner Stainz running on our steam group's portable layout at the NMRA train show in Noblesville, Indiana last Sunday. Finally getting run in and able to run smooth at slower speeds with out stalling or being a big jerky. He was quite stiff when I got him, had an issue with flue gasses drafing under the frame back into the cab and putting the burner out. That issue has been sorted out now. Pulls the prototype load of three coaches now. Several runs on my rolling road were done before any track time. I did have to adjust the valve timing a bit after this steam up, which gained even smoother running than at this event. From my research, having to adjust the valve gear on this model is common during the running in process. No simple valve gear here, proper Allan straight link motion just as on the prototype. Regner made 200 of this version from the Skglb railway in Austria, along with 200 of the green cab Stainz #2 that matches the LGB starter set engine. Kind of hard to find these days.
Silly NT's..I have Asperger's Syndrome!!!!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by artfull dodger