Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline river6109  
#1 Posted : 04 February 2019 16:07:26(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Hi, Ive bought this loco a while ago and it never had much of a run but today it more or less had its first trail run and I'm impressed, although the weight isn't that great (287g) it surprised me it hauled all these 23 tank wagons without any trouble. it has 4 rubber tyres over 2 bogies and 4 axles are powered, I usually buy DC models as they have 4 and not 3 axles powered in the AC version, being powered over the overhead system I'm able to buy DC locos and just change the wiring, the model is details with metal hand rails front & rear but plastic grip rails along both sides of the motor room housing which is of plastic as well, the loco's pantograph was unsuitable for my operation so I've changed it with another one, it is of better quality but I still had to change the spring holding the wiper up to a shorter version to slightly increase the tension and this made all the difference receiving reliable power to the loco.
because of my trail runs I found other faults with the overhead system which I haven't noticed before, different wipers have different impact on the overhead wires and some are more sensitive to the smoothness of where wires had been soldered together, some wipers have a very sharp edge others are rounded off.
Eventually I will replace the lokpilot with a sound decoder but the logistic of placing everything into it will be established when I go ahead with it .
here is short video of this little jam

Edited by user 05 February 2019 01:31:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by river6109
Online GlennM  
#2 Posted : 04 February 2019 17:00:35(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, Ive bought this loco a while ago and it never had much of a run but today it more or less had its first trail run and I'm impressed, although the weight isn't that great (287g) it surprised me it hauled all these 23 tank wagons without any trouble. it has 4 rubber tyres over 2 bogies and 4 axles are powered, I usually buy DC models as they have 4 and not 3 axles powered in the AC version, being powered over the overhead system I'm able to buy DC locos and just change the wiring, the model is details with metal hand rails front & rear but plastic grip rails along both sides of the motor room housing which is of plastic as well, the loco's pantograph was unsuitable for my operation so I've changed it with another one, it is of better quality but I still had to change the spring holding the wiper up to a shorter version to slightly increase the tension and this made all the difference receiving reliable power to the loco.
most of my trail runs than find other faults with the overhead system which I haven't noticed before, different wipers have different impact on the overhead wires and some are more sensitive to the smoothness of where wires had been soldered together, some wipers have a very sharp edge others are rounded off.
Eventually I will replace the lokpilot with a sound decoder but the logistic of placing everything into it will be established when I go ahead with it .
here is short video of this little jam

Nice looking loco, and one I have often fancied.
Don't look back, your not heading that way.