Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Elsleuth1  
#1 Posted : 17 January 2019 15:24:46(UTC)
Elsleuth1

United States   
What Marklin passenger set or Marklin compatible passenger set gives you the best view of the occupants? Some passenger cars have a lattice work or window treatment which make it difficult to view the passengers. Older lighting is either too bright or not bright enough to view passengers comfortably. The Tee Observation has good lighting and you see the passengers clearly. Is there another set with good lighting that gives one a clear view of the passengers?

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.15.10 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.13.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.10.15 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.11.17 AM.png (1,167kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 17 January 2019 15:41:25(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
In a normal compartment car, the seats were located on the sides of the compartments and seats were not fully visible from outside. Some models have molded plastic compartment windows, making it harder to see into the compartment from the aisle side.
For the best visibility of passengers, I would look to open seating coaches, which have rows of seats rather than compartments.
For a deluxe experience, you can include either the DB (TEE) Panorama coach (1962-1990) or the SBB Panorama coach (1993-today) depending on the consist.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline Elsleuth1  
#3 Posted : 17 January 2019 17:23:24(UTC)
Elsleuth1

United States   
I found this today. An excellent view.

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 9.22.04 AM.png
Offline Minok  
#4 Posted : 17 January 2019 21:41:57(UTC)
Minok

United States   
If the goal is to have a train (any train) with passengers in it that can be seen from standing next to the track as the train goes by you need 2 things :
1) The passengers need to be installed - which is often a case of cutting bodies at the waste and gluing the upper part to the seats, depending on the design of the seats.
2) Having overhead lighting inside the car that illuminates the people (the exceptions are the cars/locos with large windows like the Gläserne Zug or Panorama Wagen like ones).

Depending on what you want, you can get nice Preiser figures to get a mix if unique and higher detail figures, or an eBay purchase bulk of cheap China sourced figures that you might add paint to to get variety in color scheme for a few $.

For the lighting, you can go with either the purpose sold lighting or bits of LED strips, where you have better control of placing the LED over the passengers in the seats and compartments.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Offline dickinsonj  
#5 Posted : 19 January 2019 16:26:17(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: Elsleuth1 Go to Quoted Post
I found this today. An excellent view.

I have that railcar and the view of the passengers inside it is about as good as it gets. BigGrin

I am still waiting for the cab control car for my new IC2 train so I have not checked out the lighting yet in those coaches, but they appear to give a very good view into the interior and I believe that they would look great with some passengers inside. Cool
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline David Dewar  
#6 Posted : 19 January 2019 16:41:28(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
I have many passengers standing looking out a window. Makes then easy to see but you still need to remove the feet etc.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline dickinsonj  
#7 Posted : 19 January 2019 17:08:13(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
I have many passengers standing looking out a window. Makes then easy to see but you still need to remove the feet etc.

I still remember my first passenger inserting experience with my old tinplate ERA III DB coaches, chopping off the legs of the unfortunate victims so that they would fit into the seats. BigGrin

I have also positioned them standing by a window looking out and the effect is quite nice. I am about 20 years behind in doing this to my passenger coaches and I need to get that process going. I have been assuming that I would use mostly Preiser figures and any recommendations for specific sets of passengers that people like would be appreciated. Cool
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline Elsleuth1  
#8 Posted : 19 January 2019 17:39:05(UTC)
Elsleuth1

United States   
Is there a Marklin bilevel car set that isn't electric?
Offline Minok  
#9 Posted : 20 January 2019 07:33:40(UTC)
Minok

United States   
One can get bunches of cheap Chinese passengers on eBay. That may be a way Of filling the seats with bulk especially where you won’t see every single one clearly. And save a lot of money.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok