Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Donb  
#1 Posted : 31 December 2018 19:18:02(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
Hi,

I have converted a 3074 216-090-1 with a 60760 kit and a new drive bogie E415670.
I am using the 7 tooth armature that came in the 60760 kit, however the motor makes buzzing noise at various speeds so I suspect I have the wrong armature?
According to the parts diagram, the E 415670 takes either a 231440 , 245480 or 386820 armature . I cannot find where it tells how many teeth these armatures have.
Also what is the part number of the armature I have (part of the 60760 kit)? it is no where on the box or documentation, AFAIK.
Confused...Confused

Cheers,

Don
Best Regards,
Don
___________________________________________________________________________________
CS3, ( Commander is now retired) , C track and Z scale, mostly DB/DR and SBB, SJ
Offline jvuye  
#2 Posted : 01 January 2019 17:07:20(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: Donb Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I have converted a 3074 216-090-1 with a 60760 kit and a new drive bogie E415670.
I am using the 7 tooth armature that came in the 60760 kit, however the motor makes buzzing noise at various speeds so I suspect I have the wrong armature?
According to the parts diagram, the E 415670 takes either a 231440 , 245480 or 386820 armature . I cannot find where it tells how many teeth these armatures have.
Also what is the part number of the armature I have (part of the 60760 kit)? it is no where on the box or documentation, AFAIK.
Confused...Confused

Cheers,

Don

Things should be OK with the components you have
However, the permanent magnet from that kit can be tricky to align properly and provide the proper spacing with the rotor
You need (exactly!) 2 mm diameter pegs to insert in the holes to align everything before installing the screws.
Then remove one peg, install the screw and tighten.
Repeat at athe other side.
The trick is to keeo a peg in the other hole while you tighten the first screw.

Then there is a possible interference between one pf the screw and the gears on the transmission side.
Try replacing the screw by a shorter one

You can test for proper friction-free installation by removing the brushes and turning the wheels by hand.

Good luck
Cheers
Jacques

Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jvuye