Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Mike R  
#1 Posted : 17 December 2018 06:19:26(UTC)
Mike R

United States   
I'm setting up a large layout where I would like to run 10 digital engines on separate but connected loops. Obviously, 1 digital transformer cannot adequately power 10 digital engines. So I was wondering whether I can separate different loops with blocks for the center rail and have each loop powered by a separate 66365 transformer. Also, I expect that the polarity of the plugs may need to be considered similar to utilizing multiple analog transformers.

If anyone has experience utilizing multiple digital transformers on 1 layout, please let me know how this can be accomplished. I didn't want to have each loop independent of one another.
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 17 December 2018 09:55:52(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Mike R Go to Quoted Post
Also, I expect that the polarity of the plugs may need to be considered similar to utilizing multiple analog transformers.
The 66365 is not digital and it is not a transformer. It is an analogue power supply.
You need boosters, one for each additional circuit.
Delta Controls 66045 or 6604 are suitable boosters for use with Mobile Stations.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage