Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline harris19  
#1 Posted : 20 November 2018 08:51:56(UTC)
harris19

Greece   
Dear friends ,
can i add sounds to my loco from starter set 29060.
think i must install a new decoder .
the loco is a V216 and i am using ms3 .
do you have any idea to propose me
i really appreciate your ideas
thk you
harris
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 20 November 2018 14:44:44(UTC)
H0

Hi!

I never heard of a V216, but recent models of Märklin's BR 216 aka BR V 160 have a 21MTC decoder socket and room for a speaker.
Obtaining a fitting speaker and the clip that holds the speaker in place could be the biggest challenge.
The MSD/3 includes two speakers. They do not fit into the "speaker hole" of the loco, but most likely you can fit one of those somewhere else into the body.
Soldering two speaker wires to the PCB inside the loco will do the trick.

Do you mean "MS2" when you write "ms3"? When buying the sound decoder (MSD/3 or ESU or whatever), make sure the dealer uploads the appropriate sound project to the decoder.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Rwill  
#3 Posted : 20 November 2018 15:36:02(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
An opinion

Reading this forum you will find that most things are "possible". You will read with awe and wonder at these guys that undertake complex electronic/mechanical projects mainly because that's what they get a kick from in this hobby. Occasionally someone will admit that their effort at an expensive/complex project for very little gain has actually turned into an epic fail

Me, I like playing trains, I like my CS2 with a few signals and turnouts. I do a bit of routine maintenance and have even changed the odd led lamp.

In the situation you describe I would wait until the new year and buy for a touch under 200Euros a 36432 era 5 Ludmilla. You would then have an additional loco with 15 functions to play on your MS2 straight from the box.

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Rwill
Offline harris19  
#4 Posted : 20 November 2018 16:55:06(UTC)
harris19

Greece   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

I never heard of a V216, but recent models of Märklin's BR 216 aka BR V 160 have a 21MTC decoder socket and room for a speaker.
Obtaining a fitting speaker and the clip that holds the speaker in place could be the biggest challenge.
The MSD/3 includes two speakers. They do not fit into the "speaker hole" of the loco, but most likely you can fit one of those somewhere else into the body.
Soldering two speaker wires to the PCB inside the loco will do the trick.

Do you mean "MS2" when you write "ms3"? When buying the sound decoder (MSD/3 or ESU or whatever), make sure the dealer uploads the appropriate sound project to the decoder.

i am really sorry
the loco is BR216 , when i wrote this message i was using phone keyboard !!
so as a solution i will try to learn more for the decoders, then i will come back.
thank you for your help.
sincerely
Harris.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by harris19