Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<45678>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kiwiAlan  
#251 Posted : 16 January 2019 15:12:48(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Thewolf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Why new Power feeder for the digital system?? Confused

What is the catalogue number of that? I don't recall seeing it.

Hi Alan

page 144-145

decoders

Thewolf

Yes I see that now - edited my post.

Now I'll edit this one ...

There is obviously a copy and paste error or straight out copy writing error in the description of all these transformers.

At the flick of a switch they give 19 Volts 60 watts AC output or
15 volts 50 watts DC output.

And in the text they are only listed as 230V input - even for the one with the USA plug - even though the heading says 100-240V input.
Offline Thewolf  
#252 Posted : 16 January 2019 15:30:00(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Hi guysCool

I'm disappointed in what Marklin has to offer.

My God, why make a Crocodile with gold appearances? What is their purpose?

I think Marklin would do much better to offer a Via Rail train but they don't care about their Canadian customers as if they were their first pair of pants!

I know I'm up against a wall and it's never going to happen, but the world of rail is not limited to Western Europe and mainly Germany and Switzerland.

I'm not asking for the "total" but a brief incursion into the local train would be much appreciated.

And the prices are starting to go crazy.

Marklin is not immune to a relapse: marklin seems to have forgotten

Thewolf

Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Thewolf
Offline Bart  
#253 Posted : 16 January 2019 15:33:21(UTC)
Bart

Netherlands   

There is obviously a copy and paste error or straight out copy writing error in the description of all these transformers.

And in the text they are only listed as 230V input - even for the one with the USA plug - even though the heading says 100-240V input.

It may be the reverse: 15V AC rectified to 19V DC – which is the usual voltage difference for a rectifier.
*Bart
Offline mbarreto  
#254 Posted : 16 January 2019 15:40:00(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

I also agree with Glenn that is better to see the Toy fair sample of the turntable as this is just a CAD drawing.
It occupies a bit less space then the previous turntable and it also seems it can be used "over the table" as the old 7186 and sometimes this is practical. I like the colours. I would like to know if the handrails on the bridge are metal or plastic. In the picture they seem a bit thick... I hope they are metal.
It is also not clear if the turntable can be used without the fill pieces between tracks and still keep a "good" look. If not Märklin could do some different filling pieces that may look better. Of course "good" and "better" depends on each one's taste, so it is always difficult to have a like from everyone...
About the loco shed, I don't like it, but better wait and see the Toy fair sample or the real one.
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline dickinsonj  
#255 Posted : 16 January 2019 15:41:39(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Hi guysCool

Thewolf

I am kind of relieved that there is not more that I want in what I have seen so far for 2019. I have spent way too much on my MRR over the last three years and my bank account could use a break. Cool

Maybe Märklin purposely wanted a quite year while they figure out how to actually produce all of the things that they are currently able to sell but not deliver. The higher prices are probably a factor in that as well and as long as they remain solvent I am fine with it. I still have three significant items on order from last year and I am not inclined to order anything new until they catch up with what I am already owed by them.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#256 Posted : 16 January 2019 17:39:56(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Bart Go to Quoted Post

It may be the reverse: 15V AC rectified to 19V DC – which is the usual voltage difference for a rectifier.

No, it will be DC in both cases, as that is what a Switched Mode Power Supply produces (that is why I highlighted the AC with red text).

Offline LongHairedDavid  
#257 Posted : 16 January 2019 17:55:07(UTC)
LongHairedDavid

I wonder how much the 24 carat gold croc may be? I am starting out with a total budget of around £1,300. Perhaps I should just use that as a deposit on one?
Long Haired David
AKA David Pennington
A mystified Maerklin Newbie
Offline kiwiAlan  
#258 Posted : 16 January 2019 18:12:32(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: LongHairedDavid Go to Quoted Post

I wonder how much the 24 carat gold croc may be? I am starting out with a total budget of around £1,300. Perhaps I should just use that as a deposit on one?

It is only gold plated and is listed in the German one at 1,000 Euro, so just within your budget BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

But definitely a shelf queen item, playing with it will tarnish the plating ... Scared
Offline LongHairedDavid  
#259 Posted : 16 January 2019 18:39:51(UTC)
LongHairedDavid

Originally Posted by: LongHairedDavid Go to Quoted Post

It is only gold plated and is listed in the German one at 1,000 Euro, so just within your budget BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

But definitely a shelf queen item, playing with it will tarnish the plating ... Scared

And any respect my wife has for my choices regarding railways. I am the one who sold all his American HO in January last year to make a final definitive move into British N Gauge. That is now all sold and I am off into Marklin. One gold plated engine seems to be the only way I can do this and hold and appreciating asset! Grin.
Long Haired David
AKA David Pennington
A mystified Maerklin Newbie
Offline midwestbls  
#260 Posted : 16 January 2019 18:42:43(UTC)
midwestbls

United States   
My 2019 purchase list:

In ALL-IN on the SBB Köfferli lok!!! It will be a great, unique add, and the ONE item I'm completely excited about!

The short-cab DB 103 will likely be on my list, they are just beautiful loks and I don't think I can resist a partner for the 2017 long-cab Insider version!

The BLS passenger car set for sure; it will replace some older Lima cars in same livery.

The GDR passenger car set will match up nicely with my Soviet sleeper for an approximate train I rode from Moscow to East Berlin in 1977. The GDR 01.5 is gorgeous, but probably won't make the buy list ...

I'm conflicted on the Insider DB 320, I'm sure it will be a great lok, and love that era's DB cab design, but just more than I need in my collection ... But the 5-car DB Insider passenger set with lighting and Preiserlings will replace a number of "plain" random cars.

ETE - Swiss Era III - BLS - Brig Station
Offline mbarreto  
#261 Posted : 16 January 2019 18:51:27(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
I will go to the BR44.
Others I am in doubt are the Fc 2x 3/4, BR 103 and Red Arrow.

Edit: My doubts about the Fc and the Red Arrow are related to the price as I think they are overpriced. The Fc for sure I will not order before see it, at least in photographs or video.
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline TEEWolf  
#262 Posted : 16 January 2019 19:52:43(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post

I will go to the BR44.
Others I am in doubt are the Fc 2x 3/4, BR 103 and Red Arrow.

But very interesting to get two different versions of the BR 44

with mfx+ and sound
https://www.maerklin.de/...pdb_pi1%5Bsearchres%5D=1

without sound and only mfx but with DCC too
https://www.maerklin.de/...pdb_pi1%5Bsearchres%5D=1

for a price difference of 70 €. It seems that Märklin is very well aware about their price policy.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline MaerklinLife  
#263 Posted : 16 January 2019 20:36:46(UTC)
MaerklinLife

...and it also seems it can be used "over the table" as the old 7186 and sometimes this is practical.

It cannot. You need to cut a hole in the base plate for the turn table.

The turn table does look a bit odd, almost like something from the MyWorld series.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline Thewolf  
#264 Posted : 16 January 2019 20:40:51(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
My 2019 budget will allow me to order the ICE 4 and the red arrow.

So I ordered 39714 and 37869

Thewolf
Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Thewolf
Offline TGV POS  
#265 Posted : 16 January 2019 20:47:49(UTC)
TGV POS

France   
This year, It will surely be the Colas train 39214 with 47103 and the br 333 36344 with wagon dumper 46914 and 46913.
The ICE 4 will be for 2020 Laugh
Offline Minok  
#266 Posted : 16 January 2019 21:00:00(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: Levent Go to Quoted Post
39714 ice 4 scale 1:93, disapointed
Piko ice 4 full scale lenght
Guess i am jumping on piko s model

Its 1:95 according to the text, but given that the icon is the 1:93.5 and then the text says 1:95 is confusing.
Capture.PNG

This is a good thing in my book as I don't care for the 1:87 length long coaches as the just look out of place on my layout design.
This way customers have a choice - if you want 1:87 length, you have one make, if you perfer the shorter (whatever it actually will be) you have another make.

With a slight reroute (quite conceivable on the current DB network ), the München - Mannheim - Hamburg Altona route is even somewhat on point for my layout plan.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#267 Posted : 16 January 2019 21:11:43(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I'm just horrified at some of the pricing. Since Marklin have been cracking down on discount offering, I'm not expecting much relief...

Close to 900 euros for 24 Ore Cars

Over 1000 euros for the complete ICE4

A 1000 euro for a gold plated Croc

470 euros for the BR44

3500 euros for the 1 Gauge Croc - must admit it looks stunning, but the cost is getting up there with Kiss models.

I'm disappointed there's no 1 Gauge TEE coaches to go with the two BR103 locos they released last year (my BR103 will probably arrive tomorrow).

I'm disappointed there's no Märklin Metallbaukasten sets, given they have been issuing something every 5 years, and this is the 5th year.

I like the Coke wagons, so may pick those up.

I may get the Trix 12 car Ore car set rather than the Marklin 24 car set due to insane cost and the fact I already have 68 ore cars.........OhMyGod

I like the ICE4 (don't care about it being 1:93 scale if that makes it run better on R1 curves) but I don't like the price.

I like the Z Gauge Coal car set as it matches some I've already got. At 120 euros it isn't too expensive.

Other than that, there's nothing that appeals. That should be better on the wallet...
Offline rrf  
#268 Posted : 16 January 2019 21:37:48(UTC)
rrf

United States   
Hello Friends,

I have been waiting for a blue BR110 for years now to go with my 43919 "Pop" passenger car set, thus 37108 is a given. To date I've purchased every German "Retro" lok and tin plate passenger car set, so I expect I will not be able to pass up the Primex E44 30110 and the 41920 tin plate cars that go with it. The other "must have" is the 44232 Halloween car.

On the "very enticing but not sure yet" list is the 39880 BR44. I purchased the 30470 "Final Edition" set of two BR44's last year. So I'm having a little trouble justifying yet another BR44. I would also classify the new BR 103 39150 in this catagory. If have two very nice digital BR103s and the 00776 12 car IC set, not to mention two analog BR103s each with six tin plate IC cars. So I ask ... Do I really need a fifth InterCity trainWink
Rob
Mackenrode Wende Bahn
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rrf
Offline Minok  
#269 Posted : 16 January 2019 21:41:43(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: rrf Go to Quoted Post
If have two very nice digital BR103s and the 00776 12 car IC set, not to mention two ... BR103s each with ... IC cars. So I ask ... Do I really need a fifth InterCity trainWink

I ask myself the same (in my case digital and Era IV)... so I've been able to resist that particular shiny. :)

---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline Minok  
#270 Posted : 16 January 2019 21:43:45(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
I'm just horrified at some of the pricing. Since Marklin have been cracking down on discount offering, I'm not expecting much relief...

Close to 900 euros for 24 Ore Cars

€ 37.50 per car is about right for a single car, if you look at current pricing of cars as in the end they take the same amount of manufacturing steps as most other cars.
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Offline ktsolias  
#271 Posted : 16 January 2019 22:08:06(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
Marklin TV 95

German

English
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by ktsolias
Offline steventrain  
#272 Posted : 16 January 2019 22:35:19(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
English edition.

Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline kimballthurlow  
#273 Posted : 16 January 2019 22:57:43(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Levent Go to Quoted Post
39714 ice 4 scale 1:93, disapointed
Piko ice 4 full scale lenght
Guess i am jumping on piko s model

Hi Levent,

Well Maerklin do put a lot of emphasis on playability, as in being able to negotiate typical home built layouts with tight curves.
It is only the length that is scaled to 1:93.5, the width and height (and wheels) are likely 1:87.

I myself rather like the way Maerklin mix the scales to keep things operationally practical.
They know what they are doing ....

When you think about it ... it is the same as photographing a train with a telephoto lens, the horizontal perspective is squeezed, but not noticeable in the vertical.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline mbarreto  
#274 Posted : 16 January 2019 23:03:44(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post

Well Maerklin do put a lot of emphasis on playability, as in being able to negotiate typical home built layouts with tight curves.
It is only the length that is scaled to 1:93.5, the width and height (and wheels) are likely 1:87.

I myself rather like the way Maerklin mix the scales to keep things operationally practical.
They know what they are doing ....

When you think about it it is the same as photographing a train with a telephoto lens, the horizontal perspective is squeezed, but not noticeable in the vertical.
Kimball

100% agree!
Märklin tries to give a better play effect and feel with the (close) scale mixes! 100% scale models are great in larger scales IMHO.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#275 Posted : 16 January 2019 23:07:03(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
€ 37.50 per car is about right for a single car, if you look at current pricing of cars as in the end they take the same amount of manufacturing steps as most other cars.

€ 36.99 is the actual price, still quite high - that's about $65 NZD per car whereas we used to allow about $45 (the NZD being low doesn't help).

The set of 24 Erz IId ore cars they bought out a couple of years ago was € 700, and I thought that was heaps! We'll see what discounts are offered, etc.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#276 Posted : 16 January 2019 23:57:16(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I did a quick totalling of the things I would like and still nearly reached 1000 Euro, even though I thought I didn't want much - and that is without the Insider items, but does include both the Trix and Marklin museum wagons, so those two are a couple of cents short of 100 euro between them.

The Primex loco and coaches will be on my list, and the 44217 HOBBY refrigerated wagon.

I am wondering about the Eaos Gondolas with the scrap metal. 100 Euro for three plus another 100 Euro for one fitted with decoder, tail lights and "extensive sounds" does seem a bit much, so I think these will be the first to go off the iist. The Kof III that goes with these looks like it may have the same telex coupler as last years Insider crocodile.

Some other items I will think about and see if I can't get the total down a bit more.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Minok  
#277 Posted : 17 January 2019 00:15:49(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Going back to the issue of the ICE 4 on R1 (360mm) curves and the language used by Märklin about this option, can a more experienced Märklinist clarify what exactly it means:

Quote:
The minimum radius for operation is 437.5 mm / 17-1/4". Running the train on Radius 1 is also an option if you ignore the clearance gauge. Train length 151,5 cm.

which is the Märklin translation of the German:
Quote:
Befahrbarer Mindestradius 437,5 mm. Das Befahren des Radius 1 ist ohne Beachtung des Lichtraum-Profils ebenfalls möglich.

Taking those two statements into account, it sounds to me like the ICE 4 will be able, out of the box, to run on R1 curves without a problem, BUT on those tight curves the cars (being 1:95 and thus a hair longer wheelbase than normally allotted) will protrude out of or cut on the inside of the curve by more than is allowed in the NEM spec. That is, if you have strict trackside clearance to just the NEM clearance gauge dimensions (ie a pole, just there) then the train would clip the item. But if your allowing extra space (eg your inside R1 and outside areas are clear) in your layout then there is no issue with the train running R1.

That is, its not an issue of mechanical interference on the cars or bogies with trim work, but merely an issue of the cars middle, or outside corners cutting the inside curve or extending out of the outside of the curve a bit more than the clearance rules allow.

Is that understanding correct?
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline mbarreto  
#278 Posted : 17 January 2019 00:42:58(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

Others will answer better, but I think so. For example if you have a catenary mast inside a R1 curve, it maybe a problem. If you have a good clearance inside a R1 curve, i thikn it won't be a problem.
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline Minok  
#279 Posted : 17 January 2019 01:28:33(UTC)
Minok

United States   

Others will answer better, but I think so. For example if you have a catenary mast inside a R1 curve, it maybe a problem. If you have a good clearance inside a R1 curve, i thikn it won't be a problem.

Cool. So per NEM 103, which defines how much lateral clearance you need for a car box length/guage combo, one needs to leave a little bit more room. One is working in this gray area just outside of the defined clearances in the chart :

Capture.PNG Capture.PNG

If using Viessman or Sommerfeldt then its easy enough to use the longer arm version and position the post just a few mm further away from the track edge (great if your not yet to the point of having installed any masts), and if you have the Märklin masts that you just want to clip to the bottom of the curves, then you have a problem and need to compensate.

At the rate I'm building the layout, I may well have the actual ICE 4 in hand and can get a precise measure before I get to putting down any masts. I'll be putting R1 curves mainly underground (so no masts at all) unless the one place (my mid-room peninsula ) of a town will require it for space reasons.
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline clapcott  
#280 Posted : 17 January 2019 03:20:16(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   

No, it will be DC in both cases, as that is what a Switched Mode Power Supply produces (that is why I highlighted the AC with red text).

Yes , it is taken as read that there are typos and technical inaccuracies all over the place - see also 74462/74466

However for these 6004x items I think the real question that needs answering is WHY!

I do not mean
- why the change in colour - that is marketing and I will always be at odds with them
or
- why a replacement for an otherwise equivalent PS - this comes under technology refresh (electrical component, and 100-240 efficiencies) and is desirable if messaged well.

What I mean is
- Why has Marklin introduced a multi-voltage power supply when Marklin offers NO advertised devices that call for it ?
followed by
- Why has Markin raised its own FUD, and not been clear on purpose.
- Why should I buy a 6004x instead of a 6006x (which eliminates the risk of incorrect setting)

One major usage question should be
- what happens if I power my CS3 with the wrong voltage setting ? And who pays if something goes wrong.
Peter
Offline river6109  
#281 Posted : 17 January 2019 03:42:14(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Bigdaddynz wrote: I'm disappointed there's no 1 Gauge TEE coaches to go with the two BR103 locos they released last year (my BR103 will probably arrive tomorrow).
so they are going back to their old habits, making a loco but no carriages for it until 3 years down the track

nothing for me on this list and it looks like with prices like this, its going to be the end for me from Märklin purchases., to put this in perspective, I've just bought a train set : "as new" for A$ 430.00 (this will include a sound decoder) for a 3 set unit (Roco 43894 = BBÖ 4010), I've already got an extension set so it will be a 6 unit train., ok its not an ICE 4, I've got 2 of them already.

Good luck to all of you and I hope you've spend your money wisely.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Minok  
#282 Posted : 17 January 2019 05:48:06(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
I've already got an extension set so it will be a 7 unit train., ok its not an ICE 4, I've got 2 of them already.

John

My strategy is blow my money on this core material know while I have a job and then focus on the basics of construction and playing and Modeling when I’m retired and on fixed income like you. ;). The ICE 4 is ordered.
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline PeFu  
#283 Posted : 17 January 2019 06:38:09(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   

Well, pricing is also marketing. The 39520 ”Köfferli” is e.g. listed by Märklin at 579,99 EUR, but can already be ordered at 521,99 EUR at some German dealers. Down to 480,90 EUR i noticed (and ordered!) being some kind of ”VIP” customer. This is an old marketing trick: ”Oh I want that thing, but wow it’s expensive. Wait a minute, there’s a nicer price!”

Blushing

Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline Goofy  
#284 Posted : 17 January 2019 06:56:40(UTC)
Goofy

Hi guysCool

My God, why make a Crocodile with gold appearances? What is their purpose?

I think Marklin would do much better to offer a Via Rail train but they don't care about their Canadian customers as if they were their first pair of pants!

I know I'm up against a wall and it's never going to happen, but the world of rail is not limited to Western Europe and mainly Germany and Switzerland.

I'm not asking for the "total" but a brief incursion into the local train would be much appreciated.

And the prices are starting to go crazy.

Thewolf

I agree with you!
But it´s typical advertising by Märklin to follow the tradition to make all metal locomotives like German and Swiss.
This year it has become too many new swiss models which i don´t like it.
The Gold plate Crocs are ugly and it cost 1000 euro!! ThumbDown

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline klarinettmeister  
#285 Posted : 17 January 2019 10:02:46(UTC)
klarinettmeister

Sweden   
My shopping list will be:

2019:

Danish items (as I've moved to Denmark a year ago and will start to work here soon).
39677 DSB MY €339,99
46934 DSB military car set €199,99
48795 DSB military car set €199,99

Swedish items (I'm still Swedish).
36184 BR 193 €239,99
42906 Passenger car set €239,99

2020:

German items :
39714 ICE4 €599,99
43724 ICE4 cars €299,99
4*43725 ICE4 car €89,99 each

This year I'll try to fit in missing items in my collection and also build a layout so I need money for signals and catenary.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by klarinettmeister
Offline kiwiAlan  
#286 Posted : 17 January 2019 12:11:44(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Bigdaddynz wrote: I'm disappointed there's no 1 Gauge TEE coaches to go with the two BR103 locos they released last year (my BR103 will probably arrive tomorrow).
so they are going back to their old habits, making a loco but no carriages for it until 3 years down the track

nothing for me on this list and it looks like with prices like this, its going to be the end for me from Märklin purchases., to put this in perspective, I've just bought a train set : "as new" for A$ 430.00 (this will include a sound decoder) for a 3 set unit (Roco 43894 = BBÖ 4010), I've already got an extension set so it will be a 6 unit train., ok its not an ICE 4, I've got 2 of them already.

John

Well, there is always the summer or fall new items to introduce the G1 coaches, and other HO items I was expecting to see in the NI.

I suspect that a number of the items various people are expecting will fall into this category.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#287 Posted : 17 January 2019 13:07:51(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Like the idea of the Saab cars on the open wagon set 45084 ThumpUp

But how does the history correspond to this idea Confused

Brekina car is in line with SAAB 92B except that the split windshield is still missing on the demo model.

The model 92B was then produced by SAAB between 1949-1956, but SJ start to use the open freight wagon 1957 named Oe.

The freight wagon received the UIC name Oms in 1966-67.

So Märklin should probably try change to an Oe wagon even if it's a year later the car stop producing.
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
Offline RayF  
#288 Posted : 17 January 2019 13:50:31(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I'm still waiting to see the list that says when each item will be delivered, but I'm unlikely to pre-order more than a couple of items. Meanwhile I have bought a 36202 Br102 electric as this was one on my wish-list for last year but it unfortunately fell by the wayside!

Once I know which quarter each item will be delivered I'll finalise my shopping list for this year.

Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline Mark_1602  
#289 Posted : 17 January 2019 14:39:32(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   
On the upside, Märklin has made an effort to come up with a news brochure that's more interesting than those of the last ten years IMO. There's more variety than usual, so I kind of liked the brochure when I saw it for the first time, but on the downside, prices are definitely high. 60 euros each for the 'Silberlinge' Märklin Classic passenger cars, and the same price for the short S-Bahn cars that Märklin has made before and are based on an old design, is really exaggerated. The gold-plated Crocodile can't really be used on a layout because the thin layer of gold on the wheels would rub off, so why does it need so many digital functions and an mfx+ decoder if you can't play with it anyway? I suppose the Crocodile will sell anyway ...

I've downsized my collection recently, so I don't want to buy much new stuff anyway. In this brochure there is nothing that really fits into my collection as it is now, but maybe there will be a few items for me in the next news brochure.

Best regards,

Mark
Best regards, Mark

I like Märklin items produced in the 1960s or early '70s, but also digital locos & current rolling stock.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Mark_1602
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#290 Posted : 17 January 2019 15:14:36(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post

Well, pricing is also marketing. The 39520 ”Köfferli” is e.g. listed by Märklin at 579,99 EUR, but can already be ordered at 521,99 EUR at some German dealers. Down to 480,90 EUR i noticed (and ordered!) being some kind of ”VIP” customer. This is an old marketing trick: ”Oh I want that thing, but wow it’s expensive. Wait a minute, there’s a nicer price!”

Blushing

Two notes here:

1- At 480 Euro it is still is not cheap at all, but back towards what I would call my limit of reality for a fantastic model (I'm buying it regardless as no other new items really "do it" for me.)

2- We are complaining about pricing here, but what we don't know is the structure behind it. If Marklin bumped prices a fictional 10%, but also the dealer margins by 10%, then the laws of supply and demand will encourage discounting back to the 90% I guess time will tell, but if we are ordering Kofferli's at a solid discount already, I'm ok with it. ANd at the suggested retail prices, people are going to convert to buying Roco pretty quickly...
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline Rwill  
#291 Posted : 17 January 2019 15:41:05(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
I'm still waiting to see the list that says when each item will be delivered, but I'm unlikely to pre-order more than a couple of items. Meanwhile I have bought a 36202 Br102 electric as this was one on my wish-list for last year but it unfortunately fell by the wayside!

Once I know which quarter each item will be delivered I'll finalise my shopping list for this year.

My modest aspirations from the list are simply a Kof 36344 and maybe the three wagon set 46913. I normally make some choices then discover delivery expected Q4 which is usually pushed back into next year by which time I may have lost interest or spent the money elsewhere.

However lok shop is now showing "their prices" and the kof as Q2 and the wagons as Q1 so we may be going ahead this year

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Rwill
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#292 Posted : 17 January 2019 16:29:29(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Well, there is always the summer or fall new items to introduce the G1 coaches, and other HO items I was expecting to see in the NI.

I suspect that a number of the items various people are expecting will fall into this category.

Yes, that was my thinking as well.

Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
I'm still waiting to see the list that says when each item will be delivered......

When the list does appear, it will appear here.

I'm just horrified at some of the pricing.

To be fair, I have seen the ICE4 discounted reasonably well.
Offline steventrain  
#293 Posted : 17 January 2019 18:08:18(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I think the Gold crocodile have small discount or no discount.

Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline danmarklinman  
#294 Posted : 17 January 2019 18:23:42(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
When do they give the delivery dates for these items pleaseBigGrin
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
Offline steventrain  
#295 Posted : 17 January 2019 18:53:56(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: danmarklinman Go to Quoted Post
When do they give the delivery dates for these items pleaseBigGrin

Most MHI items are Q2/Q3

Rest of 2019 new items delivery dates not fixed yet.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline dickinsonj  
#296 Posted : 17 January 2019 19:00:09(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post

Most MHI items are Q2/Q3

Rest of 2019 new items delivery dates not fixed yet.

And remember that these are just estimates and not promises.

Of the items that I ordered in 2018 only a couple actually came when predicted, while most items have been six to eight months late, or in some cases even more. Of course things are really slow to get to North America. I am still waiting on Märklin items 37797 and 26559, which were delivered in most of the world last year.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline Mark_1602  
#297 Posted : 18 January 2019 21:46:24(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   
According to my German Märklin dealer, the golden Croc (32560) is sold out at Märklin, i.e. all of the 3,500 locos have been pre-ordered by dealers, just a few days after the news brochure was published. The Märklin product database says 'sold out' as well. Crazy, isn't it?

Best regards,

Mark
Best regards, Mark

I like Märklin items produced in the 1960s or early '70s, but also digital locos & current rolling stock.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Mark_1602
Offline steventrain  
#298 Posted : 18 January 2019 22:37:37(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Mark_1602 Go to Quoted Post
According to my German Märklin dealer, the golden Croc (32560) is sold out at Märklin, i.e. all of the 3,500 locos have been pre-ordered by dealers, just a few days after the news brochure was published. The Märklin product database says 'sold out' as well. Crazy, isn't it?

Best regards,

Mark

Dealer wrote on facebook - 'The Golden Crocodile is automatically divided by märklin to most shops, so also a number of copies to us! Just now we are in terms of orders that number already passed, and we have to go and arrange extra crocodiles now! 😲 yes, really. 🐊 so are you interested? Then don't wait too long and contact!!'

Offline bph  
#299 Posted : 18 January 2019 22:47:56(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: jonas_sthlm Go to Quoted Post
Like the idea of the Saab cars on the open wagon set 45084 ThumpUp

But how does the history correspond to this idea Confused

Brekina car is in line with SAAB 92B except that the split windshield is still missing on the demo model.

The model 92B was then produced by SAAB between 1949-1956, but SJ start to use the open freight wagon 1957 named Oe.

The freight wagon received the UIC name Oms in 1966-67.

So Märklin should probably try change to an Oe wagon even if it's a year later the car stop producing.

The Saab cars was nice, so I pre ordered it. I dive a classic modern Saab as well ;)

As for history I’m not to concerned about that
Offline TEEWolf  
#300 Posted : 18 January 2019 23:13:47(UTC)
TEEWolf

My 2019 budget will allow me to order the ICE 4 and the red arrow.

So I ordered 39714 and 37869

Thewolf

Hello Thewolf,

as you see in this link Smile

https://www.modellbahnsh...-fr-p-0/ein_produkt.html

(hopefully in French) the ICE 4 is announced for the 3.Q/2020! So in 2019 you will have some money from your budget free for other articles usage. What's about a CS 3? Almost same price as the ICE.Love

regards

TEEWolf
(hopefully nobody gets Confused)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf