Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline H0  
#1 Posted : 03 November 2018 11:53:48(UTC)
H0

Hi!

The IMA 2018 will take place in Cologne from Thursday, November 15, until Sunday, November 18.

The Cologne Table of Regulars will hold a special meeting on Thursday, November 15.
You don't have to be member of the Insider Club to visit us, you do not have to attend the IMA to visit us.

Those who attend the IMA on Thursday can simply take the tram 4 that stops right in front of the trade fair areal.
We'll have an H0 threerail layout and you can try your IMA purchases if you like.

We meet here:
Restaurant Galija
Im Weidenbruch 2
51061 Köln
http://www.galija-koeln.de/

Start: 6 PM
Come at the time that is convenient for you. The IMA closes at 6 PM.

Google Map View (click me)
Google Street View (click me)
Tip for tram users: Get out at the "Im Weidenbruch" station, just cross the big street "Berliner Straße" and then you can already see the restaurant.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Nigel Packer  
#2 Posted : 03 November 2018 12:27:52(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Hi Tom,

Thank you for this invitation!

Can you accommodate my team of six English-speaking out-of-towners? We are three from the UK and three from the USA.

We will all be at the IMA on Thursday.

I will confirm nearer the time.

Best wishes,

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
Online twmarklinfan  
#3 Posted : 03 November 2018 14:02:12(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
What a fantastic invitation. I should have thought this through. I am in Hamburg 12-14. Perhaps next year
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 03 November 2018 16:48:59(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Nigel Packer Go to Quoted Post
Can you accommodate my team of six English-speaking out-of-towners?
I'm not the organiser of the meeting, but I dare say we have room for you. Cool

Is that a "yes, we come" or a "maybe" or a "I'll ask my team about it"?
I'll let the organiser know about your plans. The more people we expect, the smaller the layout will be - but we should have enough chairs for all.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Nigel Packer  
#5 Posted : 03 November 2018 17:04:04(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post

I'll let the organiser know about your plans. The more people we expect, the smaller the layout will be - but we should have enough chairs for all.

It's "I'll ask my team about it"!, but I expect everybody will be interested. We're all meeting on Friday at Eurospoor.

Is the meeting in the restaurant, or in the separate room? Can we have dinner there too?

Chairs would be good for those of us who will have been standing all day at the IMA!

Thanks for inviting us.

Best wishes,

Nigel
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 03 November 2018 20:18:19(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

It's "I'll ask my team about it"!, but I expect everybody will be interested. We're all meeting on Friday at Eurospoor.

Is the meeting in the restaurant, or in the separate room? Can we have dinner there too?

Chairs would be good for those of us who will have been standing all day at the IMA!

Thanks for inviting us.

Best wishes,

Nigel

I'm certainly interested. I'll be one of the six.

I enjoyed the night when my wife and i visited when Tom extended the invitation a few years ago. It was a goodly sized group that sat down for a meal, and more turned up later, as I remember.

Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 04 November 2018 08:59:26(UTC)
H0

The meeting is in a separate room. Most people will eat dinners there. Having enough chairs won't be a problem unless we are overrun by trade-fair visitors.

We appreciate feedback from people who are interested in joining us. Having enough tables could be a problem and we decide at 6 PM how many tables we use for the layout.
It is the second meeting in a new restaurant, so it is not the place Alan visited a few years ago. I think the new location is better in all aspects except parking. It can easily be reached by tram.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline kiwiAlan  
#8 Posted : 04 November 2018 12:19:53(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

It is the second meeting in a new restaurant, so it is not the place Alan visited a few years ago. I think the new location is better in all aspects except parking. It can easily be reached by tram.

So we will all be able to have a good drink as we won't be driving back ThumpUp
Offline TEEWolf  
#9 Posted : 06 November 2018 02:16:33(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: twmarklinfan Go to Quoted Post
What a fantastic invitation. I should have thought this through. I am in Hamburg 12-14. Perhaps next year

Why not?

Test the new connection by Flixtrain - the new competitor to the DB AG.

https://www.flixtrain.co...8&wt_t=1541466907397
Offline Nigel Packer  
#10 Posted : 15 November 2018 17:59:50(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
The meeting is in a separate room. Most people will eat dinners there. Having enough chairs won't be a problem unless we are overrun by trade-fair visitors.

We appreciate feedback from people who are interested in joining us. Having enough tables could be a problem and we decide at 6 PM how many tables we use for the layout.

OK, all six of us are coming!

See you soon.

Nigel
Offline NewComix  
#11 Posted : 15 November 2018 19:52:33(UTC)
NewComix

Germany   
Hi,

I saw the Stammtisch Cologne fair announcement on Stummiforum for today’s meeting and decided to join. I didn’t know about your guys from the UK and the US, but was very pleased to meet you and put a face behind. Sometimes life provides with nice surprises. I had to leave earlier because of work related. I hope you enjoy the evening and the rest of your trip.

kind regards
Jörg
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by NewComix
Offline Webmaster  
#12 Posted : 15 November 2018 20:10:34(UTC)
Webmaster

Will there be any pictures from the meeting?

Would be nice to put more faces to marklin-users.net members... Smile
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline H0  
#13 Posted : 15 November 2018 23:45:36(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
Will there be any pictures from the meeting?
I did not take any pictures of the people.
Too late now, but in retrospect it would have been a nice idea to stand together for a group photo.
Maybe someone can prepare some GDPR-proof paperwork for the next IMA special meeting. Cool Then we can take a group photo...

Regular group meetings are on the second Tuesday in every month. So if train enthusiasts happen to be in town, they can join us even between IMAs.
Other groups meet near Cologne on the first Friday each month and on the third Tuesday each month. And there are many other groups all over Germany.

Thank you everybody for joining us - with a forum moderator as a surprise guest.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline kiwiAlan  
#14 Posted : 16 November 2018 00:44:13(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Thank you everybody for joining us - with a forum moderator as a surprise guest.

That you for having us at your meeting. It was a pleasure to be there, and we were made most welcome despite the language barrier. There were enough members with sufficient knowledge of english to hold quite reasonable conversations.

And for anyone else who is in a position to attend one of their meetings, we can highly recommend the food and drink available.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline TEEWolf  
#15 Posted : 16 November 2018 01:05:50(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

... we can highly recommend the food and drink available.

Aahhhh a new Kölsch fan!Love
Did you try a "Halven Hahn" too?Smile
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf