Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Kapalua  
#1 Posted : 05 October 2018 19:49:40(UTC)
Kapalua

Denmark   
I recently purchased a Brawa 0895 Santa Fe Locomotive but when testing it, I found out that the rear drive shaft has come out of its gear housing.

I have looked through the manual but there is no indication as to how you can remove the shell so I can make repair. The shell is plastic so I do not want to use force and I don't see any screws you can remove from the locomotive.

If anyone has experience with Brawa trains and can help, I would appreciate it.

Offline Goofy  
#2 Posted : 05 October 2018 21:06:22(UTC)
Goofy

Maybe you shall bend outside in both side of the shell body upward?
Just like Roco with the plastic body.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline David Dewar  
#3 Posted : 05 October 2018 21:07:54(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Sorry don't have that loco. My Brawas have screws underneath which will remove the body. If stuck email Brawa who are good at helping if sometimes a bit slow to reply.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Alsterstreek  
#4 Posted : 05 October 2018 21:52:07(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
AFIK forum member Alberto Pedrini is owning one of these locos. You could send him a PM. Then, this loco was actually manufactured by the US company Lifelike (which could still mean made in China...) for Brawa. Thus, you might find the manual or a data sheet by searching US sources for H0 scale “Lifelike Proto” products. I do own other Lifelike Proto 2000 diesels, but not the Alco DL-109. My EMD Geep shells are held in place with screws hidden under the fuel tank while my EMD E-Type shell is removed by carefully prying it open. In other words, there is no general rule. In principle all locos were delivered with a manual in the box...
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Offline Kapalua  
#5 Posted : 05 October 2018 23:30:10(UTC)
Kapalua

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: Alsterstreek Go to Quoted Post
AFIK forum member Alberto Pedrini is owning one of these locos. You could send him a PM. Then, this loco was actually manufactured by the US company Lifelike (which could still mean made in China...) for Brawa. Thus, you might find the manual or a data sheet by searching US sources for H0 scale “Lifelike Proto” products. I do own other Lifelike Proto 2000 diesels, but not the Alco DL-109. My EMD Geep shells are held in place with screws hidden under the fuel tank while my EMD E-Type shell is removed by carefully prying it open. In other words, there is no general rule. In principle all locos were delivered with a manual in the box...

Thanks for the information. My Brawa is China Made one. I wrote to Brawa this evening and see if they can assist me. I don't usually buy Brawa but this Loco looks so nice.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Kapalua
Offline Alsterstreek  
#6 Posted : 06 October 2018 12:06:05(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
After re-reading your initial request, I realise that you do have the manual. Anyway, one of my posts from the past contains a pictured description on how to open a Lifelike Proto 2000 EMD E-type (and I reckon that the same method applies to the Alco DL-109 by analogy) - see post no. 47.

https://www.marklin-user...-and-Conversion-projects

P.S.: Many of those locos suffer from split cog wheels. Posts 55 and 57 to 61 in the very same are addressing this topic.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Alsterstreek