Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Tom Jessop  
#1 Posted : 24 September 2018 08:45:30(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

Jumping the gun here & I have checked the Eurospoor web site out , trying to work out if Eurospoor is always on the second weekend of November . The household accountant has been looking at a cruise line book & found one for MSC which finishes in New York on the 28 th of October 2019 . This would give us enough time to transit across to Amsterdam & then to Utretcht at leisure & be able to do some exploring of the city which we haven't been able to do on our other visits to Eurospoor apart from the exhibition it self . Can anyone confirm that this is the case for the 2nd weekend of November or has it been on the first weekend at some time . I would have to wait for the Eurospoor management when they have time to confirm the dates for 2019 if no luck here .

Thanks in advance ,

Tom in Oz .
Offline Nigel Packer  
#2 Posted : 24 September 2018 11:53:44(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Tom Jessop Go to Quoted Post

Jumping the gun here & I have checked the Eurospoor web site out , trying to work out if Eurospoor is always on the second weekend of November . The household accountant has been looking at a cruise line book & found one for MSC which finishes in New York on the 28 th of October 2019 . This would give us enough time to transit across to Amsterdam & then to Utretcht at leisure & be able to do some exploring of the city which we haven't been able to do on our other visits to Eurospoor apart from the exhibition it self . Can anyone confirm that this is the case for the 2nd weekend of November or has it been on the first weekend at some time . I would have to wait for the Eurospoor management when they have time to confirm the dates for 2019 if no luck here .

Thanks in advance ,

Tom in Oz .

Hi Tom,

I think this is the first time that Eurospoor has been so late in the year. In the past, it was always held on the "half-term" weekend for schools, which was the second or third weekend in October. Last year it was the first weekend in November, and this year it is later, which happens to fit in very conveniently with the Cologne show the following week.

Probably the date for 2019 will be announced during this year's event.

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 24 September 2018 12:55:04(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Nigel Packer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tom Jessop Go to Quoted Post

Thanks in advance ,

Tom in Oz .

Hi Tom,

I think this is the first time that Eurospoor has been so late in the year. In the past, it was always held on the "half-term" weekend for schools, which was the second or third weekend in October. Last year it was the first weekend in November, and this year it is later, which happens to fit in very conveniently with the Cologne show the following week.

Probably the date for 2019 will be announced during this year's event.

Nigel

I suspect it has been pushed this late to make it fit with Cologne show in an attempt to get more international people come to it. As there is no Cologne show next year all bets are off (the Cologne show alternates with the IMA show in Goppingen).

So until attendees of Eurospoor this year can collect a calendar and see the date for next years show all bets are off ... Sad

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#4 Posted : 24 September 2018 16:36:32(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Hi- thanks for posting this thread, as I realized I just might be able to attend on the from end of a work trip.

For those who have been, is the show more of manufacturer displays and layouts, or is there a (hopefully large) swap meet? Just curious as I need to sort whether I need one day or two!
SBB Era 2-5
Offline mmervine  
#5 Posted : 24 September 2018 20:16:04(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
John-I have attended this show a couple of times. Lots of layouts, manufacturer displays, and vendors. Really worth going to at least once!
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mmervine
Offline mrmarklin  
#6 Posted : 24 September 2018 23:29:29(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: 5HorizonsRR Go to Quoted Post
Hi- thanks for posting this thread, as I realized I just might be able to attend on the from end of a work trip.

For those who have been, is the show more of manufacturer displays and layouts, or is there a (hopefully large) swap meet? Just curious as I need to sort whether I need one day or two!

John,

This is the largest swap meet in Europe. You should go!
Hopefully I will see you there.

Dave
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
Offline Tom Jessop  
#7 Posted : 25 September 2018 03:45:46(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

We have been twice & both times have used the full 3 days to look at the exhibits & buy many many things related to trains . Count on cold hard money for bargaining power to get better prices although most of the dealers now set up for plastic money which is safer in these areas from the good old pick pocket . Do not rely on the money machines in the foyers as we have seen them run out of cash quite early during the days we have been there . It is a massive sale area & Eurospoor say it is over a Kilometre in length if all sellers are laid end to end . In some areas the lighting is not up to standard for examining the items on sale so worthwhile taking a torch or a Led head light for better illumination .
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#8 Posted : 26 September 2018 15:42:10(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Originally Posted by: mrmarklin Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 5HorizonsRR Go to Quoted Post

John,

This is the largest swap meet in Europe. You should go!
Hopefully I will see you there.

Dave

Thanks Dave! I'll get in touch in advance as I lock this in- it would be great to meet up!
SBB Era 2-5
Offline kweekalot  
#9 Posted : 21 October 2018 12:50:06(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Just minutes ago I received the Eurospoor newsletter with breaking news: No Eurospoor in 2019 ! Scared
Leo take some kind of sabbatical to evaluate things, and as it looks now, will continue the event in 2020.

The newsletter is Dutch only, so I translated it:

Important announcement
This year will be our 26th year that we organize Eurospoor.
Including preparations, we have been working on this for 28 years since 1991.
After 28 years of running the event, we need a year to reorientate, reorganize and streamline to get things going even better.
That is why we decided not to organize Eurospoor in 2019.
We realize that we are disappointing many enthusiasts, but we have made this decision because we are convinced that it will bring benefits for the future.

We are grateful to all of you participants, visitors and employees that you have given us the opportunity to successfully organize Eurospoor in the past 26 years.
We are proud of that and it gives us the strength to make the event even better with your involvement in the future!
In doing so, we will again make grateful use of the commitment and involvement of the 'Jaarbeurs' organization by 2020, which always assists us with advice and action.

From 2020, the 27th edition, we will continue with fresh courage and pleasure the annual organization of Eurospoor as the leading International Modeltrain event in the 'Jaarbeurs' in Utrecht (NL).
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline Tom Jessop  
#10 Posted : 21 October 2018 21:47:08(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

Thank you for that news release , I have just awoken from overnight sleep & have received the same message . Looks like a longer time frame to save up more money for the 2020 show .

Cheers Tom in Oz .
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tom Jessop