Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline johnpatrickwack  
#1 Posted : 06 August 2018 14:41:01(UTC)
johnpatrickwack

United States   
Hi all,

I am having a lot of fun building a variation on the layout described in the newer Marklin CS3 book - this is the layout that has 3 levels and is described in some detail towards the end of the book. I am looking for manufacturers and item numbers for some of the buildings and have been unable to track them down on my own with the exception of the Faller 110114 Trossingen, which was easy because it's labeled already. I'm not sure I want to purchase all of them just yet, but would be interested in prices. In this pictures I'm attaching, I'm especially interested in the two-stall engine house (only partially shown), the church, the houses to the left of the station, as well as the other structures shown. I'm hoping that some of you who are very familiar with the catalogs might be able to quickly identify who makes these structures - could you help? These pictures are from the PDFs (in German, wish I could find then in English):

https://www.maerklin.de/...Anlage_Landschaft_01.pdf
https://www.maerklin.de/...Anlage_Landschaft_02.pdf

I have looked all over for the engine house but am wondering if it's something no longer made. Anyway, any help you can give me is very much appreciated.

Thank you, John

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 8.25.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-06 at 8.24.13 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 8.25.28 AM.png (1,526kb) downloaded 13 time(s). Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 8.23.08 AM.png (3,732kb) downloaded 10 time(s). Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 8.24.32 AM.png (3,728kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
---
John P. Wack
Silver Spring, MD
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by johnpatrickwack
Offline michelvr  
#2 Posted : 06 August 2018 16:15:25(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Hi John,

I love the way the C track in imbedded can you share more pictures?

Michel
Offline johnpatrickwack  
#3 Posted : 06 August 2018 17:22:26(UTC)
johnpatrickwack

United States   
Originally Posted by: michelvr Go to Quoted Post
Hi John,

I love the way the C track in imbedded can you share more pictures?

Michel

Hi Michael, I'm not sure what you mean by embedded but the only pictures I have are from the articles whose URLs I included in my first post. The track and grade construction for the modified layout I'm building is about 2/3rds done, as I'm taking my time getting all the feedbacks to work completely and avoid having problems when I end up partially covering up the shadow yard and part of the grade up to the top, visible portion. If you remember, you helped me with this layout and I took a few things from the layout you built. The 1st pic shows the top-most part and is completely visible except for the tunnel portion. In the 2nd photo, there is a grade down to the shadow yard that starts in the lower right at its highest level and ends in the upper right at the lowest elevation - the picture looks a little confusing. The 3rd pics shows the shadow yard, and it will only be visible via windows on the sides of the layout. Total space is roughly 130cm x 260cm. It's a small layout by many standards but it's been challenging for me - and a lot of fun. I'm using iTrain to eventually control everything except for some sections on the top-most part, which will have to be manually controlled.

I am hoping to find a few of the structures in the photos in my first post, besides the station itself.

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 11.18.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 11.18.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 11.17.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 11.17.24 AM.png (1,166kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
---
John P. Wack
Silver Spring, MD
Offline waltklatt  
#4 Posted : 06 August 2018 20:48:35(UTC)
waltklatt

United States   
John,
Check out Ebay listing for the 2 stall engine shed.
Made by Faller.

You can do an ebay search for most items, like here I used 2 stall engine shed and found this one.
If you can find a name or description to narrow down your search for the items you want to find.

Hope this helps,
Walter
Offline johnpatrickwack  
#5 Posted : 07 August 2018 13:09:35(UTC)
johnpatrickwack

United States   
Originally Posted by: waltklatt Go to Quoted Post
John,
Check out Ebay listing for the 2 stall engine shed.
Made by Faller.

You can do an ebay search for most items, like here I used 2 stall engine shed and found this one.
If you can find a name or description to narrow down your search for the items you want to find.

Hope this helps,
Walter

Walter - thank you so much, I didn't think about trying eBay directly; I had done a number of searches but when I went to eBay and did searches there, I did end up finding a number of these structures. One of them is hard to find, the Faller 130415 Krone Inn, picture attached. I can't seem to find that anywhere. I'm attaching another building that looks like a combined freight depot and yard tower, but no luck finding that either - would you know what kind of building this is?

Thanks, John

130415.jpg

02_Foto_mittlere_Anlage_klein_01.jpg
---
John P. Wack
Silver Spring, MD
Offline Nigel Packer  
#6 Posted : 07 August 2018 15:33:16(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Here's one! It can be shipped to the USA, too.

Faller 415

It's a nice model, but from experience, you will need to apply some sort of protection over the large mural decal when you've attached it. Over time, it dries out and flakes off!

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
Offline johnpatrickwack  
#7 Posted : 07 August 2018 20:46:29(UTC)
johnpatrickwack

United States   
Thank you so much, Nigel - I apparently bypassed that listing when I was searching. I bought it and I'll do what you suggest wrt the decals.

Thanks again, John
---
John P. Wack
Silver Spring, MD