Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ocram63_uk  
#1 Posted : 08 July 2018 18:07:59(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
I think this is better posted here.
So all the components have arrived. I removed the old analogue stuff and replaced everything with the kit. I also, for the first time in my life, used the chokes on the motor, if this is what the little barrelled stripy things are called BigGrin
I believe that nothing changes without them.

Put on the 22v bulbs too, oiled the 5 pole rotor axel and am now running in the new motor.

There already is an improvement in the way the motor runs, first notch on the EcoS and the wheels start turning.

All is well, almost.

The lights work strangely.
I wired them as they were originally but when going forward they are all red at both ends and when going backwards they are all white at both ends.

Obviously the wiring needs to be re-done Mad but it is too hot to start all over again plus my wife is returning from her day out and I do not want to create 'attrition' Cool

How does it have to be ? I have tried to understand but ........

The lights at both ends are mounted on a PCBs, the common orange cable runnig from one end to the other I paired with the corresponding one from the decoder.
The yellow and grey cables go from one PCB to the other.
I have soldered the yellow and grey cables from the decoder to the same color on one PCB.
It should have been easy Confused

Ideas ?
Thank you
Marco

Thank you
Marco

Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 08 July 2018 19:35:56(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Swap the yellow and grey cables at one end. When a cable is connected to the white light at one end it should also connect to the red light at the other end at the same time.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline ocram63_uk  
#3 Posted : 08 July 2018 20:47:33(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
just a swap? so I connect the decoder's yellow on the grey lamp and the decoder's grey on the yellow lamp. cool stuff. I'll give it a go this week then.
thank you
M
Offline ocram63_uk  
#4 Posted : 11 July 2018 18:47:43(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
this will be the second last retrofitting I am
going to do in my life. I can't see at closeup range anymore, my hands shake and in all honesty this depresses me. Moving on ....

I managed to blow one of the light outputs due to a short circuit when replacing the body of the loco so I have bought a female NEM plug, exhumed an old but working Uhlenbrock decoder and soldered everything correctly. It seems to be working fine although I'm Still figuring out how to swap cables to get lights on correctly.

Now, I have the motor of the 60760 kit and a Uhlenbrock decoder, has anybody got the correct CV settings for this chip, please?
greatly appreciated
thank you
M
Offline ocram63_uk  
#5 Posted : 26 July 2018 14:36:12(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
Retrofitting completed.
Loco now works fine. Lights switch according to direction correctly. Soldering in the way you guys thought me is much 'stimulating' :-)
If one day I need to I can change the decoder quickly as I have used male + female 8 pin plugs

Still can't see a thing at close up range though :-(

Marco