Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline DV  
#1 Posted : 20 June 2018 09:49:33(UTC)
DV

Australia   
I'm having an obtuse moment and cannot decipher how to actually connect the above signals and control box to CS2. I have searched, found and read what ever information I could find, and still can't understand.

OK, 74392 and 74371 must be connected to box 72751 so that you can control the lights and power to the track....Correct?

You connect the signals the same method as it was done with the old analogue signals, isolate a section of track,and the control box by pressing the corresponding button will turn the power/light on and off......Correct?

But where do you connect the box 72751 to???? And how????

The old days brown from control box to transformer, yellow from signal to transformer and the two blue connects to the control box.

Can you get power from the CS2 to control the box and signals, or is the power obtained from.....where?

The mfx signals look great but when you need 11 of one and 7 of the other the cost is blown out to over €700Scared Scared Scared Crying Crying, so I'm trying the simpler (cheap) wayBigGrin BigGrin

Any help would be greatly appreciatedThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Dusan V
'I find your lack of faith (in Märklin) disturbing'
Offline Rwill  
#2 Posted : 20 June 2018 10:50:49(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
I use hobby signals and a CS2. However the interface between the two is 60842 into which four signal and if used their distant signals can be plugged and then on to the CS2 like any K/M 84 or 83. The 60842 also gives power to the signal lights however it is suggested that a trafo is plugged in to stop the track power being used up by the signals. When you have finished it is not quite the cheap option you had hoped for but in my case it means that when a cat swipes its tail or eats a signal that bit is cheap to replace. Also those long thick wires are an ugly pain. The "new" digital signals with individual built in decoder are a dream but yes expensive
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Rwill
DV
Offline JohnjeanB  
#3 Posted : 20 June 2018 10:55:28(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: DV Go to Quoted Post
I'm having an obtuse moment and cannot decipher how to actually connect the above signals and control box to CS2. I have searched, found and read what ever information I could find, and still can't understand.

OK, 74392 and 74371 must be connected to box 72751 so that you can control the lights and power to the track....Correct?

You connect the signals the same method as it was done with the old analogue signals, isolate a section of track,and the control box by pressing the corresponding button will turn the power/light on and off......Correct?

But where do you connect the box 72751 to???? And how????

The old days brown from control box to transformer, yellow from signal to transformer and the two blue connects to the control box.

Can you get power from the CS2 to control the box and signals, or is the power obtained from.....where?

The mfx signals look great but when you need 11 of one and 7 of the other the cost is blown out to over €700Scared Scared Scared Crying Crying, so I'm trying the simpler (cheap) wayBigGrin BigGrin

Any help would be greatly appreciatedThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Hi DV

Basically you have two ways to connect these signals:
- Manual operation, connecting them to 72751 Control box which in turn is connected to the basis station of Märklin start-up starter sets. See for instance the following brochure http://downloads.cdn.re-in.de/1...T_SET_FE_de_en_fr_nl.pdf
- Automatic operation connecting them to a M84 Decoder 60 60841. The decoder is connected to the CS2 digital current. One decoder for 4 signals.

So unless I am mistaken, you can connect your signal to a CS2 (CS3) only using M84 decoders
I hope this helps
Cheers

Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
DV