Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline skeeterbuck  
#1 Posted : 11 April 2018 00:17:58(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
Looking for some reviews from any members that owns or has seen this book in person. Thanks!

Chuck

https://www.amazon.de/Pr...=8-3&keywords=primex
Offline skeeterbuck  
#2 Posted : 17 April 2018 17:08:19(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
Since I didn't receive any replies to my posting, I decided to order this book. Here's my rather quick review of the book.

On my initial inspection of the book, the printing doesn't appear to me to me of very high quality paper. It's not newsprint but it not the quality of the Koll's books which I think most members are familiar. The book is written in German. I believe the first page or so appears (to my very basic understanding of the German language), to be a brief history of the Primex line. Started by Märklin it was to be a secondary line for their products to be sold in grocery and outlet stores. The book contains the basic info similar to the listings in the Koll's books as to the type, years of production, color, length in centimeters and known variations. A nice feature of the book is that the special limited runs that Märklin/Primex did are also listed, so unlike Koll's you don't need a seperate book.

The biggest disappointment was in the photos themselves. While in color, numerous ones are out of focus and some of the rare items look to have be photocopied. Instead of being able to discern the details of the items, your left with more of a general idea of what the engine, wagen ot set actually looks like. ThumbDown

For a book that sells for approximately 50 euros, the overall poor quality photos is to me totally unacceptable. I already have the Koll's books, so I already have the basic item descriptions. What I had anticipated were well done color photos on high quality paper as a supplement to the Koll's books. For this reason I would not recommend this book and I have decided to return my copy. Sad

Chuck
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by skeeterbuck