Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#1 Posted : 14 March 2018 15:01:27(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Hi everyone,

I thought i'd post a note as the MEA will be having a show and swap meet on May 6th at Steamtown in Scranton, PA. It should be a small, fun and European-centric show, with some layouts, items for sale/trade, and since the venue is steamtown there will be a Big Boy and more to see in 1:1 scale!

Marklin will be sending representation and their digital expert(s), so this is also a very good educational opportunity for those of us who want to learn more about the Marklin digital systems, and have a hard time doing so on the internet. (like myself!)

Entrance is only $5 and that includes both the musem and a lunch, and vendor tables are open to anyone for $10.

I've attached show flyers and a table vendor form, and hope to see you there... MEA Handelspost March 2018 Show Vendor application (2).pdf (20kb) downloaded 42 time(s). MEA Handelspost March 2018 Show Announcment (3).pdf (109kb) downloaded 32 time(s).show pic 1.PNG
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline MikeR  
#2 Posted : 14 March 2018 20:20:04(UTC)
MikeR

United States   
Planning to be there. My wife and I will be driving from Denver to the show. We are looking forward to the experience.
Mike
Digital - C track with CS2 and Railroad&Co TrainController; feedback using LocoIO via a Locobuffer
Analog - M track with solid centre rail (after C track layout is complete)
Collect all Eras - especially Crocodiles
Member of ETE
Previously a member of the Marklin Modellers' Group Johannesburg
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#3 Posted : 15 March 2018 13:47:58(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Originally Posted by: MikeR Go to Quoted Post
Planning to be there. My wife and I will be driving from Denver to the show. We are looking forward to the experience.

WOW! Looking forward to it. Not to downplay the show, but I hope you aren't making the trip just for our little marklin gathering? BigGrin Steamtown and the show are great, but that's a very long way to travel!
SBB Era 2-5
Offline MikeR  
#4 Posted : 15 March 2018 15:40:33(UTC)
MikeR

United States   
Originally Posted by: 5HorizonsRR Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MikeR Go to Quoted Post

WOW! Looking forward to it. Not to downplay the show, but I hope you aren't making the trip just for our little marklin gathering? BigGrin Steamtown and the show are great, but that's a very long way to travel!

No not only for the show. We want to do some sightseeing on the way. Will go east on 70 and west on 80 (or vice versa). Plenty to see - especially in Pennsylvania, Chicago (a small detour) and others along the way. Previously have driven from Salt Lake City to Atlanta but it was a rushed trip so we hope to have more stops.

Looking forward to the show.
Mike
Digital - C track with CS2 and Railroad&Co TrainController; feedback using LocoIO via a Locobuffer
Analog - M track with solid centre rail (after C track layout is complete)
Collect all Eras - especially Crocodiles
Member of ETE
Previously a member of the Marklin Modellers' Group Johannesburg
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MikeR