Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Thewolf  
#1 Posted : 15 February 2018 19:33:58(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Hi everyone Cool

It's beyond me OhMyGod Woot

I need I need some explanations.Cool

I make my contact rails.

For the tests, I chose exit 2 of the S88 (3). For Itrain it's address 3.2.

The rail is mounted. I'm putting a car on the insulated rail. The icon on the cs2 layout does not light up yellow.

On the Itrain TCO, the corresponding block is declared "occupied". So it works on Itrain

Another test: I put a car on the isolated rail of block 1 (S88-1- Itrain address: 1.1).On the cs2 nothing lights up. On the occupied Itrain block TCO. So it works

By tomorrow night I'll be good for the asylum... if all goes on like this. Yesterday everything worked fine.

Thewolf

Edited by moderator 16 February 2018 09:55:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
Offline Thewolf  
#2 Posted : 15 February 2018 23:31:04(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
It's really driving you crazy.
S88 icons do not work, do not light up. So the s88s don't work. itrain works correctly: the blocks are ocuupuped and are free depending on whether the car passes through the block or not.

I'm gonna change hobby. I'm tired of this case.Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing

Besides, the bridges are cut off properly and I have power. Raz the bowl of this hobby!!!!! is going to sell everything
Offline PMPeter  
#3 Posted : 16 February 2018 00:28:48(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Are you positive you are displaying the correct S88 address on the CS2?

If I understand your post correctly you have connected your contact rail to your 3rd S88 decoder and plugged it into port #2 of that decoder. Therefore the address in the CS2 for this sensor should be 16+16+2 or address 34.

In your second example you are connecting to S88 decoder #1 and are plugged into port 1. Therefore, for the CS2 this should be address 1 for that sensor.

Is that what you have?
Offline Thewolf  
#4 Posted : 16 February 2018 01:17:18(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: PMPeter Go to Quoted Post
Are you positive you are displaying the correct S88 address on the CS2?

If I understand your post correctly you have connected your contact rail to your 3rd S88 decoder and plugged it into port #2 of that decoder. Therefore the address in the CS2 for this sensor should be 16+16+2 or address 34.

In your second example you are connecting to S88 decoder #1 and are plugged into port 1. Therefore, for the CS2 this should be address 1 for that sensor.

Is that what you have?

PMPeter

On the cs2 this is the icon of output 3.1 while on the cs88 the blue wire is connected to output 3.2.

For the second example that's like you said...but ...but the icon of this adress does no light on the cs2....and on the TCO of Itrain this adress thus this block works

Offline PMPeter  
#5 Posted : 16 February 2018 01:54:37(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Your first sentence totally confuses me. Assuming you are using a Maerklin S88 module it has 9 terminals on the top row which from left to right are numbered 8 - 1 and then the inverted T which gets connected to ground on decoder module 1. On the bottom row you have 9 terminals which from left to right are numbered 9-16 and again the inverted T.

So on your 3rd S88 decoder module you should have no wires connected to the inverted T. Your wire from the contact section you state is connected to terminal 2 then that means when you configure the sensor in the CS2 it must have address 34. (CS 2 S88 module 3 terminal 2). I do not know why you would call it S88 module 3 terminal 1.
Offline river6109  
#6 Posted : 16 February 2018 06:43:22(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Whether this is going to calm you down or not, I'm not sure but you're not the only one who has troubles, one day it works and the next day it doesn't, I've installed a security camera and I just like to know when Mr. Murphy enters the garage at night time.
You can call yourself lucky you've got only a few wires to worry about, my spaghetti junctions and wires cover areas of 5 to 6 meters.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline jvuye  
#7 Posted : 16 February 2018 10:42:51(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Salut Serge!

Don't know if I want to get involved here because I wouldn't like to be the one inadvertently tipping you over the fence! Wink RollEyes

So,this is just a shot in the dark, since I haven't seen the wiring diagram of your set up, not have I ever used a CS! (So much for my own qualifications...Blink BigGrin )

But I seem to remember that the S88s may require a "ground" connection (the "ground sign" marked rightmost jack on the housing. )
Also check polarity : does it work when you swap the "B" and "O" track connection wires.

Also, as far as I remember, the S88 address is determined by its position in the chain...

LOL Please don't yell at me, I'm just trying to help.... LOL

Cheers

Jacques
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline Ian555  
#8 Posted : 16 February 2018 11:55:25(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
I'm just going out to the train room and run 20 trains, all at the same time, just because I can...

What is a S88...Smile Wink

Best of luck.

Ian.

...that's just digital trains if I run analogs as well it's just to much noise for a Friday...
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Ian555
Offline Thewolf  
#9 Posted : 16 February 2018 12:08:48(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Whether this is going to calm you down or not, I'm not sure but you're not the only one who has troubles, one day it works and the next day it doesn't, I've installed a security camera and I just like to know when Mr. Murphy enters the garage at night time.
You can call yourself lucky you've got only a few wires to worry about, my spaghetti junctions and wires cover areas of 5 to 6 meters.

John

John, I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you.

You seem to mean that the longer and wider your layout, the more difficult your wiring is. Well, that's not true for me. Whether you have 5-6 meters wires or 2-3 meters wires, whether your layout is a 500 out of 165 or a 320 out of 120, what matters is the number of blocks and connections you have.
I can make you a 600 cm by 150 cm layout with only 4 blocks, and you will only have 8 S88 connections (it's a theory to overturn what you say, because in reality given the length of the blocks it would be imperative to divide them)

Thewolf
Offline Thewolf  
#10 Posted : 16 February 2018 12:12:53(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Ian555 Go to Quoted Post
I'm just going out to the train room and run 20 trains, all at the same time, just because I can...

Best of luck.

Ian.

...that's just digital trains if I run analogs as well it's just to much noise for a Friday...

Hello IanCool

Do you want to say that your superb layout (which I look at every time I can) made up of floors like the hotel of my holidays is analog?

Serge from Facebook
Offline Thewolf  
#11 Posted : 16 February 2018 12:14:53(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Your first sentence totally confuses me. Assuming you are using a Maerklin S88 module it has 9 terminals on the top row which from left to right are numbered 8 - 1 and then the inverted T which gets connected to ground on decoder module 1. On the bottom row you have 9 terminals which from left to right are numbered 9-16 and again the inverted T.

So on your 3rd S88 decoder module you should have no wires connected to the inverted T. Your wire from the contact section you state is connected to terminal 2 then that means when you configure the sensor in the CS2 it must have address 34. (CS 2 S88 module 3 terminal 2). I do not know why you would call it S88 module 3 terminal 1.

I will come back to you later on on this point
Offline Ian555  
#12 Posted : 16 February 2018 12:23:26(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: Thewolf Go to Quoted Post

Best of luck.

Ian.

Hello IanCool

Do you want to say that your superb layout (which I look at every time I can) made up of floors like the hotel of my holidays is analog?

Serge from Facebook

Hi Serge,

The Hotel floors are Digital and the Basement is analog.

Ian.
Offline Thewolf  
#13 Posted : 16 February 2018 12:29:56(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   

Best of luck.

Ian.

Hello IanCool

Serge from Facebook

Hi Serge,

The Hotel floors are Digital and the Basement is analog.

Ian.

Ian

I got the wrong name for your layout. I should call it the layout of the Scottish castle. BigGrin I like it

Serge

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Thewolf
Offline Thewolf  
#14 Posted : 16 February 2018 12:35:14(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: jvuye Go to Quoted Post
Salut Serge!

Don't know if I want to get involved here because I wouldn't like to be the one inadvertently tipping you over the fence! Wink RollEyes

So,this is just a shot in the dark, since I haven't seen the wiring diagram of your set up, not have I ever used a CS! (So much for my own qualifications...Blink BigGrin )

But I seem to remember that the S88s may require a "ground" connection (the "ground sign" marked rightmost jack on the housing. )
Also check polarity : does it work when you swap the "B" and "O" track connection wires.

Also, as far as I remember, the S88 address is determined by its position in the chain...

LOL Please don't yell at me, I'm just trying to help.... LOL

Cheers

Jacques

Hello Jacques BigGrin

Why would I yell at you??

I know you're not a carolo... but it's just like that, and the carolos don't hit each other... they chitchat... and then drink a beer.

Have a nice day

Serge

Offline Thewolf  
#15 Posted : 16 February 2018 15:21:29(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   

I don't work and do not count in the same way as you, that's why I think your confusion.

In truth, what matters to me is what Itrain does, cs2 being the interface.

It's true that there are 18 exits per S88, including 2 for ground.

Itrain does not support both ground outputs.

For the configuration, Itrain uses the S88 1 with 16 addresses ( 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 , ......1.16), the second S88 with 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4....2.16

201802163.jpg

In the picture contact 1 (S88 1- exit 1- Itrain address 1.1)

The problem of cs2 (S88 icons) is solved. How? I don't know about that.

I only replaced the original plugs with V687x and I rebooted the cs2 and it's ok.

Have a nice day

Thewolf
Offline jvuye  
#16 Posted : 16 February 2018 16:41:45(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   

I don't work and do not count in the same way as you, that's why I think your confusion.

For the configuration, Itrain uses the S88 1 with 16 addresses ( 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 , ......1.16), the second S88 with 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4....2.16

201802163.jpg

I only replaced the original plugs with V687x and I rebooted the cs2 and it's ok.

Have a nice day

Thewolf

Yep.
The CS2 wasn't seeing the "ground" because it was probably not connected properly.
Itrain doesn't need it apparently.
Don't forget that the CS2 continously "interrogates" the S88 (computer geeks call it "polling") and only reacts when one (or more) inputs have changed.
Rebooting is probably what was needed to reconize the input had been added , and restarted polling.
Glad the problem is solved.
Have a beer!
Jacques

Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
Offline Thewolf  
#17 Posted : 16 February 2018 17:00:36(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: jvuye Go to Quoted Post

201802163.jpg

Have a nice day

Thewolf

Yep.
The CS2 wasn't seeing the "ground" because it was probably not connected properly.
Itrain doesn't need it apparently.
Don't forget that the CS2 continously "interrogates" the S88 (computer geeks call it "polling") and only reacts when one (or more) inputs have changed.
Rebooting is probably what was needed to reconize the input had been added , and restarted polling.
Glad the problem is solved.
Have a beer!
Jacques

Jacques ...I don't drink anymore...I've drunk enough before my transplant Cool

On my cs2 16 icons the 16 outputs of the S88

I don't take care of the ground outputs.Blink Cool

Serge
Offline PMPeter  
#18 Posted : 16 February 2018 17:46:01(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
What Jacques is saying is if the ground connection to the inverted T terminal was not done correctly the display on your CS2 will not be correct.

Also something that I have found out over the years is that when you add an S88 contact or modify the address location of one, it is always a good idea to reboot the CS2 after these changes. I too have had the situation that once I made a change the CS2 did not display the sensor status correctly. However, once I reboot the status shows correctly.

Glad you got it working. Does this mean you are no longer selling everything?BigGrin

Peter
Offline Thewolf  
#19 Posted : 16 February 2018 18:23:37(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
What Jacques is saying is if the ground connection to the inverted T terminal was not done correctly the display on your CS2 will not be correct.

Also something that I have found out over the years is that when you add an S88 contact or modify the address location of one, it is always a good idea to reboot the CS2 after these changes. I too have had the situation that once I made a change the CS2 did not display the sensor status correctly. However, once I reboot the status shows correctly.

Glad you got it working. Does this mean you are no longer selling everything?BigGrin

Peter

Peter, why the question? What were you interested in buying from me?

If so, please give me your coordinates. I'll pass them on to my wife. She'll contact you... when I spend the next life.Flapper

My ground was well connected... but I remember what I did on Wednesday or Tuesday night that triggered the problem. Well, I think that's it.

I usually close Itrain. Automatically the cs2 automatically puts itself in safety then I close the cs2 by shutdown. One of these nights after closing Itrain I didn't make the shutdown of the cs2. I cut the direct electrical power to the transformer.

Maybe that's the reason? I don't know, but it works, and that's the main thing.

Serge
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Thewolf
Offline Drongo  
#20 Posted : 22 February 2018 12:44:18(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Hi Serge,

I'm glad you resolved the problem and regained your sanity. You must remember that "I don't Know" is always on third. BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!