Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ae66green  
#1 Posted : 13 February 2018 16:04:43(UTC)
ae66green

Canada   
I just bought the Viessmann gas lamp 6398, it has the yellow and brown wires, the brown one has a resistor connect to it. I use my TRIX old time analogy transformer to power the light, but the TRIX transformer (A/C output) has the black and white terminals, does some one know which wire should be connected to the white terminal and which should go to the black terminal? In general, Viessmann products use brown and yellow wires, compare to the Marklin digital system with the red (connect to the center rail) and brown wires (connect to the side rail), which wire should be connected to which?

Edited by moderator 14 February 2018 10:01:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline skeeterbuck  
#2 Posted : 14 February 2018 14:40:43(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
If you use the AC output from the transformer it shouldn't make a difference because the current alternates between hot (+) and common (-). My guess would be that the black is the hot and the white is the common. If you have a multimeter you could check it to be sure.

Red is the positive to the track, yellow is the positive for accessories and the brown is the common for both track & accessories. Hope this helps!

Chuck