Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Thewolf  
#1 Posted : 25 January 2018 16:19:27(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   

Hi everyoneCool

Is there anyone to explain to me ....the load compensation built in to the decoder of a loco, please ?

Thank you for your replies

Thewolf

Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Thewolf
Offline baggio  
#2 Posted : 25 January 2018 16:48:02(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Good question; I would like that explanation myself. BigGrin

I think it has something to do with automatically increasing/decreasing speed depending upon the number of wagons being pulled.

Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 25 January 2018 16:51:20(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Thewolf Go to Quoted Post
Is there anyone to explain to me ....the load compensation built in to the decoder of a loco, please?
Basically it is "speed control", but "load compensation" sounds more impressive.
The decoder tries to maintain a constant speed - uphill, flat track, or downhill - solo locomotive, short train, long train - the speed should be nearly the same (for most H0 gauge locomotives) or even exactly the same (e.g. for 0 gauge locomotives.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline baggio  
#4 Posted : 25 January 2018 16:55:12(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Thank you for the reply, HO.

Does this also work for curves?

I ask because my ICE 2 (from start set) seems to slow down on its own when it reaches curves.
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 25 January 2018 17:05:58(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: baggio Go to Quoted Post
Does this also work for curves?
It works everywhere, but only when the motor still has reserves.
If the decoder gives less than 100% power to the motor on straight track then the decoder can increase the power in curves to keep the speed constant.
If the train already gets 100% on straight flat track then there will be a slow-down in curves or uphill.

So this is a cool feature for people who like to see their trains at 30 km/h scale speed, but it has limitations for people who prefer 300 km/h scale speed.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Thewolf  
#6 Posted : 25 January 2018 17:13:51(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Is there anyone to explain to me ....the load compensation built in to the decoder of a loco, please?
Basically it is "speed control", but "load compensation" sounds more impressive.
The decoder tries to maintain a constant speed - uphill, flat track, or downhill - solo locomotive, short train, long train - the speed should be nearly the same (for most H0 gauge locomotives) or even exactly the same (e.g. for 0 gauge locomotives.

Thank you TomCool

But...does this relate to the ABV function?

Thewolf

Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 25 January 2018 17:36:40(UTC)
H0

No. You can have ABV without load regulation.
Theoretically you can also have load regulation without ABV - but I think all decoders with load regulation also offer ABV.

ABV means slow acceleration and braking. It works better with load regulation, but can also be done without load regulation.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline baggio  
#8 Posted : 25 January 2018 17:43:27(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
-- Hope you don't feel I am hijacking this discussion, Wolfe. We are both interested about the same thing it seems. However, if need be, I could open up a separate discussion.

HO: "... So this is a cool feature for people who like to see their trains at 30 km/h scale speed, but it has limitations for people who prefer 300 km/h scale speed."

Actually, it is a cool feature even at 300 km/hr. The reason being that I do not obviously want the train to derail on curves Scared, so slowing down on curves is what I would do personally to avoid derailments. This feature takes away the need for me to intervene. ThumpUp

(My rule of thumb is that a loco has to be able to run fast enough so that I would have to decrease the speed when the train reaches a curve. If there is no such need, then the train is under powered.)
Offline Thewolf  
#9 Posted : 25 January 2018 17:51:25(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
No. You can have ABV without load regulation.
Theoretically you can also have load regulation without ABV - but I think all decoders with load regulation also offer ABV.

ABV means slow acceleration and braking. It works better with load regulation, but can also be done without load regulation.

Thank you TomCool

I'm trying to understand ... I'm going to put a video ... the loco suffers in the climb

A friend told me : '' the E-Loc climbing looks strange...almost as if the load compensation built in to the decoder was not working ''

The values of CV 3 and 4 of the decoder have been reduced to 5, as recommended by the forum Itrain, which advised between 1 and 5

I I have a lot of trouble understanding

Thank for your reply

Thewolf
Offline Roland  
#10 Posted : 25 January 2018 18:24:52(UTC)
Roland

Canada   
HO: "... So this is a cool feature for people who like to see their trains at 30 km/h scale speed, but it has limitations for people who prefer 300 km/h scale speed."

Actually, it is a cool feature even at 300 km/hr. The reason being that I do not obviously want the train to derail on curves Scared, so slowing down on curves is what I would do personally to avoid derailments. This feature takes away the need for me to intervene. ThumpUp

(My rule of thumb is that a loco has to be able to run fast enough so that I would have to decrease the speed when the train reaches a curve. If there is no such need, then the train is under powered.)

Silvano, my understanding is that "load compensation" won't slow the train down in the curve as you're hoping. What is does is attempt to maintain the same speed your loco was already travelling. So if your train slows down due to resistance in the curve, "load compensation" would try to speed it back up to the "pre-curve speed". If your train speeds up in the curve (e.g. downhill), it should slow your train down to the "pre-curve speed".

Edit: And what HO was saying about limitations at 300km/h scale speed, if the loco is already at 100% output and slows down due to a curve/incline, it is not possible for it so speed up to compensate.
My Layout Build | Märklin CS3+ | K-track | Merkur | Viessmann | LDT | iTrain | Modeling DB + SBB
Offline H0  
#11 Posted : 25 January 2018 20:10:05(UTC)
H0

A friend told me : '' the E-Loc climbing looks strange...almost as if the load compensation built in to the decoder was not working ''
I cannot tell from the video whether the wheels of the loco start slipping or the motor of the loco is slowing down.

If there are no feeder wires in that curve then the slow-down might also be caused by a voltage drop. But since the speed changes rather abruptly I think that a voltage drop is most likely not the cause.

How do other locos behave going the same way with the same train?

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Thewolf  
#12 Posted : 25 January 2018 20:30:39(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
-- Hope you don't feel I am hijacking this discussion, Wolfe. We are both interested about the same thing it seems. However, if need be, I could open up a separate discussion.

Baggio

Please , can you create another post? You mix mineMad Mellow Thank youCool
Offline Thewolf  
#13 Posted : 25 January 2018 20:35:33(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
To moderators Cool ...

Please, would there be any way to move comments about the baggio problem to another post?

Thank you

I'm waiting for the move before continuing the conversation with Tom

Thank you again

Thewolf
Offline jvuye  
#14 Posted : 25 January 2018 20:39:04(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
I cannot tell from the video whether the wheels of the loco start slipping or the motor of the loco is slowing down.

If there are no feeder wires in that curve then the slow-down might also be caused by a voltage drop. But since the speed changes rather abruptly I think that a voltage drop is most likely not the cause.

...and then there is the case of your S 2/6 Serge...
And how steep is that climb?
Hard to tell from the video .
I don't know what your track maintenance routine consists of, but like HO, I'd venture to say that your rails **may be** a bit dirty/greasy.
I use a bit of lighter fluid on a clean (light colored) rag, and rub that against the rails.
The light color will highlight any residue/dirt/grease lifted from the rails.
Then of course, you may need to clean up/replace the adherence tyres on your locos....like on that Treinshop Olaerts Type 29 of yours...
Start to see a pattern?
At least I think it's worth a try.
Hope this helps.

Jacques
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline H0  
#15 Posted : 25 January 2018 20:57:35(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: jvuye Go to Quoted Post
but like HO, I'd venture to say that your rails **may be** a bit dirty/greasy.
I did not think about dirty rails when I mentioned slipping wheels.
But dirty rails or oily traction tyres could be involved.

In a curve (at least) half of the loco wheels will slip anyway as the outer wheels go a longer way than the inner wheels. This increases the friction on the motor and reduces the tractive effort of the loco.

It might help to run the train on the outer track as the incline is less steep.
Yes, I now the design of the prebuilt layout so there have to be trains running uphill on the inner track. But still this is something I would test.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Thewolf  
#16 Posted : 25 January 2018 20:57:58(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   

...and then there is the case of your S 2/6 Serge...
And how steep is that climb?
Hard to tell from the video .
I don't know what your track maintenance routine consists of, but like HO, I'd venture to say that your rails **may be** a bit dirty/greasy.
I use a bit of lighter fluid on a clean (light colored) rag, and rub that against the rails.
The light color will highlight any residue/dirt/grease lifted from the rails.
Then of course, you may need to clean up/replace the adherence tyres on your locos....like on that Treinshop Olaerts Type 29 of yours...
Start to see a pattern?
At least I think it's worth a try.
Hope this helps.

Jacques

no no Jacques.

All my rails are ok. They are clean. I clean them once a week in several different ways and one after the other.

Once a week a day is spent cleaning the rails in full:

wagons cleaners, wagons vacuum cleaner, cleaning block 60140 Noch, Q tips, rubbing alcohol. I must be the only one to do that. I pledge.

The loco suffers ... it skates ... the engine is racing a little . I see it and I hear it .....and this is not a power supply problem ... on the layout I have 6 inputs (red and brown)

I think it's a rubber tire problem. I always thought that Marklin was stingy about this little problem and I always thought that all the drive wheels should be equipped with rubber tires and often this is not the case

You re right Jacques I think that this is the same problem as B29

About Olaerts replied: their technician returns this Saturday

Thewolf
Offline Thewolf  
#17 Posted : 25 January 2018 21:03:49(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
but like HO, I'd venture to say that your rails **may be** a bit dirty/greasy.
I did not think about dirty rails when I mentioned slipping wheels.
But dirty rails or oily traction tyres could be involved.

In a curve (at least) half of the loco wheels will slip anyway as the outer wheels go a longer way than the inner wheels. This increases the friction on the motor and reduces the tractive effort of the loco.

It might help to run the train on the outer track as the incline is less steep.
Yes, I now the design of the prebuilt layout so there have to be trains running uphill on the inner track. But still this is something I would test.

In fact this loco is not willing to ride on this portion of the circuit. His preferred path is the lower lane and the hidden train station area. The upper part of the layout is intended for powerful locos because of the slope of Heidelberg.

It's like the B29. All steamers are reserved for the bottom portion.

I was curious to know the result.
Offline Thewolf  
#18 Posted : 25 January 2018 21:13:59(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
During the move the final layout will not include these two modules 80310 and 80320 ... they will be replaced by a helix. I trusted when buying these Noch modules that Mike had exactly the same....But the interior slope is steep, it is between 3.8% and 4% ... too steep even if Marklin says in his ads that 5% can be correct
Offline baggio  
#19 Posted : 25 January 2018 21:14:00(UTC)
baggio

Canada   

What does this mean?
Offline baggio  
#20 Posted : 25 January 2018 21:21:21(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
... they will be replaced by a helix.

CAREFUL: The helix may not have any softer slope than you have now.

The slope of my Noch helix is around 4% and I have not noticed any real problems with locos going up the slope. Perhaps just a tad of hesitation with some locos. I am really happy with this helix. (But I have disconnected it for now because of lack of space.)

Offline Thewolf  
#21 Posted : 25 January 2018 21:24:36(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   

What does this mean?

That means what it means baggioBigGrin

Heidelberg has a hidden 5-way station. On the bottom there are 2 parade routes ... at 2 extremes a turnout sends the trains to the hidden station.

In the final layout the bottom tracks will be 3 times larger, since the layaout will be U-shaped like this:

Heidelberg (1).png

Heidelberg (2).png

The present layout serves as "guinea pig"

Thewolf
Offline Thewolf  
#22 Posted : 25 January 2018 21:29:25(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
... they will be replaced by a helix.

CAREFUL: The helix may not have any softer slope than you have now.

The slope of my Noch helix is around 4% and I have not noticed any real problems with locos going up the slope. Perhaps just a tad of hesitation with some locos. I am really happy with this helix. (But I have disconnected it for now because of lack of space.)

Sorry Baggio...but I do not agree with you ... it's a question of installation ... I saw Noch helix of 3% ,,, you know how to adjust your slope heights ... in other words you know adjust your laps
Offline H0  
#23 Posted : 25 January 2018 21:40:47(UTC)
H0

The loco suffers ... it skates ... the engine is racing a little . I see it and I hear it ... [...]
I think it's a rubber tire problem.
The load regulation keeps the wheels at a nearly constant speed - but when the wheels start slipping and skating then the load regulation no longer helps.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Minok  
#24 Posted : 25 January 2018 21:46:13(UTC)
Minok

United States   
My understanding of load compensation is the circuit on the motor controller board can detect the voltage and current changes to the motor. If the controller is delivering a specific voltage or current, and then the change in load (due to slope changes) results in a change in voltage/current detected that the controller did not itself institute, the controller can know the train is going up or down hill, and then apply more power, or reduce power to maintain the intended speed.

However, that cannot compensate for dirty track power drop, wheel slippage, or twisted track, and if the motor controller is already delivering 100% of the power it can to the motor, there is no reserve to feed it to compensate for a drop due to load (as others have mentioned).

The load can come from an incline or decline in the track but also a curve where friction from the loco and its cars adds to the load even on level ground (and adds to it on inclines)
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline H0  
#25 Posted : 25 January 2018 22:04:47(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
My understanding of load compensation is the circuit on the motor controller board can detect the voltage and current changes to the motor.
Typically the load compensation is based on Back EMF (electro-magnetic field).
For a fraction of a second the decoder does not feed power to the motor and instead measures the voltage generated by the motor - like a bicycle dynamo generates power.
Typically the decoder does not measure the current drawn by the motor. The current will increase uphill and decrease downhill anyway.

I think there are more accurate ways to measure the speed of the motor, but Back EMF is the industrial standard.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Thewolf  
#26 Posted : 25 January 2018 22:52:36(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
After all your theoretical explanations (thank you ... I learned a lot) my problem is still there. I have several solutions:
- or I add rubber tires, which was done in part but there is a removable part before we can not remove
- Or it remains such and will not climb the top and roll down
- Or I send her back to Mike's house for him

As I have already sent 4 to Toronto, a fifth is ready. why not a sixth for Toronto Westend Trains

In other words, more than a quarter of my fleet will make a trip to Toronto .... and I still have 15 to calibrate the speed by Itrain

Ostie de tabarnak de mausus de marde !!!!

Thewolf
Offline baggio  
#27 Posted : 25 January 2018 23:22:44(UTC)
baggio

Canada   

My Google translator thinks this sentence is in Somalian LOL - What is a "mausus"?

You may want to send the loco to Mike and see how your loco fares on the incline in his layout.

I doubt you can decrease the slope on the Noch helices - before you buy one, ask Mike if this is possible and how to do it.

Buona notte da Toronto. Sleep
Offline Thewolf  
#28 Posted : 25 January 2018 23:46:38(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   

My Google translator thinks this sentence is in Somalian LOL - What is a "mausus"?

You may want to send the loco to Mike and see how your loco fares on the incline in his layout.

I doubt you can decrease the slope on the Noch helices - before you buy one, ask Mike if this is possible and how to do it.

Buona notte da Toronto. Sleep

Mausus...it's Quebec 'joual' ...which means '' damned''

',You may want to send the loco to Mike and see how your loco fares on the incline in his layout.', This is what I said

'I doubt you can decrease the slope on the Noch helices'' You bet $ 100BigGrin

Look at this :

We can see the height adjustment, no ? I really think that I can. Never forget what Julius Caesar said about the Belgians

Thewolf
Offline H0  
#29 Posted : 26 January 2018 08:43:49(UTC)
H0

- or I add rubber tires, which was done in part but there is a removable part before we can not remove
Do it at your own risk.
Slipping wheels prevent the motor from overload. Adding traction tyres increases the load of the motor.
Märklin say that compliance with radio interference regulations must be re-evaluated after adding traction tyres.

Could it be that there already are four traction tyres? More is not always better, you want to keep some blank wheels for good ground contact.

If there are only two traction tyres then increasing to four should be no problem - usually easily done ordering replacement wheelsets.

It's a pity Märklin no longer indicate in the product description how many traction tyres there are.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Thewolf  
#30 Posted : 26 January 2018 10:26:21(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Do it at your own risk.
Slipping wheels prevent the motor from overload. Adding traction tyres increases the load of the motor.
Märklin say that compliance with radio interference regulations must be re-evaluated after adding traction tyres.

Could it be that there already are four traction tyres? More is not always better, you want to keep some blank wheels for good ground contact.

If there are only two traction tyres then increasing to four should be no problem - usually easily done ordering replacement wheelsets.

It's a pity Märklin no longer indicate in the product description how many traction tyres there are.

Tom...Agree with you and that's why I chose the referral solution to Mike, my dealer
My job is accounting ... not HO train engines

Thewolf
Online river6109  
#31 Posted : 26 January 2018 11:44:10(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
The loco you're referring to is I think a model BR E 44 and its all metal with 2 axles powered and 2 rubbertyres on 1 axle, or it is a Br E 104, E 04 which has a plastic housing, to carry 3 carriages up a hill shouldn't effect any loco unless your rubber tyres are lose and the weight of the loco is not heavy enough to do it without rubber tyres.
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Thewolf  
#32 Posted : 26 January 2018 14:08:26(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
The loco you're referring to is I think a model BR E 44 and its all metal with 2 axles powered and 2 rubbertyres on 1 axle, or it is a Br E 104, E 04 which has a plastic housing, to carry 3 carriages up a hill shouldn't effect any loco unless your rubber tyres are lose and the weight of the loco is not heavy enough to do it without rubber tyres.

John... the loco of the video is a BR 144 (37443)...the BR E 104 is his sister or she is in the series before..final that's what I think

I also have the BR 44.but I did not talk about it on this post

What you write about that they should be able to climb a slope like mine reassures me .... and nobody nor me thought about the problem of weight.

In any case they are leaving for Toronto. I do not take risks: a problem with a loco ... she's going to Toronto.

I know a lot of marklinists who have had problems with Marklin because they have tried what on their loco without any skill or knowledge. There is no shame in saying: I am not able.

Trying to do something when you're incompetent is stupid and irresponsible.

But I admire guys like you who can do anything with a loco. me ... pffft forget it

Thewolf
Offline H0  
#33 Posted : 26 January 2018 14:08:57(UTC)
H0

The loco is Märklin 37443, BR 144, metal body, metal frame, with four powered axles. Number of traction tyres unknown to me.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Thewolf  
#34 Posted : 26 January 2018 14:13:47(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
The loco is Märklin 37443, BR 144, metal body, metal frame, with four powered axles. Number of traction tyres unknown to me.

Tom...I saw two wheel drive axles with 1 and a half pairs of rubber tires (so 3) ... I put a fourth rubber tire
Offline baggio  
#35 Posted : 26 January 2018 14:15:41(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
... to carry 3 carriages up a hill shouldn't effect any loco unless your rubber tyres are lose and the weight of the loco is notheavy enough to do it without rubber tyres.

I think the slope is too steep. A softer slope should result in a better performance.
Offline Thewolf  
#36 Posted : 26 January 2018 14:50:37(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
... to carry 3 carriages up a hill shouldn't effect any loco unless your rubber tyres are lose and the weight of the loco is notheavy enough to do it without rubber tyres.

I think the slope is too steep. A softer slope should result in a better performance.

You repeat what I saidCool
Offline Thewolf  
#37 Posted : 26 January 2018 15:01:03(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
These locos : no problem...although at the end of the slope, they slow down a bit ... but that's normal I think

I think I'll go slowly to the steamer operation on the bottom and the hidden station as I explained much earlier in this post

but I'm not panicking ... I'll wait for Dr. Marklin's verdict

Thewolf
Offline Thewolf  
#38 Posted : 26 January 2018 15:20:50(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
I just found this about these slopes.

It's been a few years

'' Read on the Noch website:

Hinweis: Die Basis für den Aufbau der »Heidelberg« ist immer die Kombination aus linkem und rechtem Wendemodul und Bahnhofsmodul. Die Steigung der Innenstrecke beträgt ca. 5,2 %, die der Außenstrecke 4,7 %.

Translation :

Instruction: The basis for the construction (structure) "Heidelberg" is always the combination of the left and right (right) turn module and station module. The rise in interior space is about 5.2%, outdoor space 4.7%. ''

Actually it's way too much ...a big mistake to have bought this concept... . Will need to remedy this for the final layout in 2 years

Thewolf
Offline Thewolf  
#39 Posted : 26 January 2018 23:39:08(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Hi everyone Cool

Really I am surprised, amazed, just as you want. I did the speed calibration of my smallest steamer, the Belgian series 98 (37163)

I say to myself: ''I'm going to try it and never will it climb the slope''

My God she climbed like a big without losing speed without skating.BigGrin Razz ThumpUp

I'll do a little video tomorrow

Have a nice evening

Thewolf
Offline Purellum  
#40 Posted : 27 January 2018 05:36:59(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Hi everyone Cool

Really I am surprised, amazed, just as you want. I did the speed calibration of my smallest steamer, the Belgian series 98 (37163)

I say to myself: ''I'm going to try it and never will it climb the slope''

My God she climbed like a big without losing speed without skating.BigGrin Razz ThumpUp

Julius Caesar wrote:
Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae.

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#41 Posted : 27 January 2018 06:13:49(UTC)
Goofy

I notice here that you show Noch ready made plastic landscape.
Those are well know high climbing hill and downward hill with over 3 % degree!!
Not sure but to see the video it looks like 6-7 % degree.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline H0  
#42 Posted : 27 January 2018 08:04:54(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Let him who hath understanding have a glance at post #38.
It's just 5.2% and 4.7%.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Thewolf  
#43 Posted : 27 January 2018 10:48:18(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
I notice here that you show Noch ready made plastic landscape.
Those are well know high climbing hill and downward hill with over 3 % degree!!

Goofy...Do you make an effort to read what I write? Or do you consider what others write is not worthy of your attention? This isn't the first time I've noticed such behavior on your part

See my post 38

Thank you for your attention... if, however, you consider it useful

Thewolf
Offline David Dewar  
#44 Posted : 27 January 2018 13:02:04(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
I have the same Noch board at one end of my layout. I have a station at the top which is part of a shuttle run. Not had any problems with several locos going up and speed is constant. Maybe it is just one loco that you have that slows down. You can make it a great board when houses and trees and lights are added.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Thewolf  
#45 Posted : 27 January 2018 15:11:56(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
I have the same Noch board at one end of my layout. I have a station at the top which is part of a shuttle run. Not had any problems with several locos going up and speed is constant. Maybe it is just one loco that you have that slows down. You can make it a great board when houses and trees and lights are added.

Hi David

I agree with you

Offline Thewolf  
#46 Posted : 27 January 2018 15:19:02(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Hi everyone Cool

As promised Cool

Please watch Cool

It also means I think it's the locos that I send to Mike and don't climb that have a problem.

What do you think?

Have a nice week end

Thewolf