Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Thewolf  
#1 Posted : 21 January 2018 10:42:28(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Hi everyone

For various reasons, I never had the opportunity to use the CS2 in the fund of its possibilities as I never had the opportunity to use all the functions of the locos.

Since a few months, I'm back in the world of the train.

In all the functions of the locos, there is one with which I have difficulties : Sound of squealing brakes off

Already the word ''off'' For me the word '' OFF '' means that the sound of the brakes will not work. So if I press the sign, the sound does not work.

I also suppose that there is a relationship between the sound of the brakes and the braking delay.

As braking delay = small number less delay before stopping, which means for me the more the number is small the more the braking is intense, so the more the sound is loud

I did a little test with a loco yesterday : nothing...I have the impression that the loco must be in "automatic" mode for the sound to work. I also feel that the manual control of the

speed by the control button of the cs2 does not cause the sound of the brakes

Thank you for your replies

Thewolf

Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
Offline Gregor  
#2 Posted : 21 January 2018 10:54:10(UTC)
Gregor

Netherlands   
Hi,

I found that when you set the braking delay below a certain value (so a fast deceleration), the squeeling sound does not play at all, regardless of the setting of the "SQUEELING SOUND OFF" function.

If you want to hear your trains squeel, you need to set braking delay higher then 3.
This value will differ per train.

Gregor

Edited by user 22 January 2018 12:45:25(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling mistake corrected

Offline David Dewar  
#3 Posted : 21 January 2018 12:43:20(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
I have found it varies with different locos. Just a matter of trying different settings until you get the right sound you want. Also appears to work better when slowing from faster speeds.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Thewolf  
#4 Posted : 21 January 2018 13:50:27(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
ok...ok..but one of my concerns is if the brake sound also works with the control button of the cs2 when the speed is decreased slowly with this button?

Because in the test yesterday the cv of the braking delay was 10 then 12 then 15 and nothing at all. I might have gone to 20

The loco is 36430 marklin

Thewolf
Offline Gregor  
#5 Posted : 22 January 2018 12:41:27(UTC)
Gregor

Netherlands   
Hi,

I believe the squeeling will only appear after a reasonably fast deceleration, and only in the last moments before standstill.

So no squeeling when slowly going down a few speed steps.

Gregor
Offline PMPeter  
#6 Posted : 22 January 2018 16:22:44(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
For a test, with your loco running at a fairly fast speed go to the control screen of your CS2 and use your pointer, mouse or whatever you use on the touch screen, and point at the O speed for the loco. This should cause a fast stop and the brake squeal. If you don't get a squeal with this approach then there is something else that needs to be checked or set.
Offline Thewolf  
#7 Posted : 22 January 2018 16:43:26(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: PMPeter Go to Quoted Post
For a test, with your loco running at a fairly fast speed go to the control screen of your CS2 and use your pointer, mouse or whatever you use on the touch screen, and point at the O speed for the loco. This should cause a fast stop and the brake squeal. If you don't get a squeal with this approach then there is something else that needs to be checked or set.

PMPeter thanks..This is an excellent suggestion

Thewolf