Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Stingh  
#1 Posted : 17 January 2018 11:16:39(UTC)
Stingh

Sweden   

Is it possible to set conditions in the event.
For example, if two S88 contacts are activated, it will control something special.
Can not find anything about this in the book 03092 from Märklin.

Thanks
Ingemar
Offline TEEWolf  
#2 Posted : 18 January 2018 03:40:49(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Stingh Go to Quoted Post

For example, if two S88 contacts are activated, it will control something special.

Thanks
Ingemar

Do not really understand your problem completly. What do you mean with "control something special"?

If you do not mind, here a few links from Maerklin for and about the S 88. Unfortunately all in German language, nevertheless it may help.

https://www.maerklin.de/...bau_Rueckmeldesystem.pdf

https://www.maerklin.de/...q/Technik-Tipp-320-b.pdf

https://www.mhi-portal.e...stellung_decoder_s88.pdf

https://www.maerklin.de/...faq/Technik-Tipp-312.pdf
Offline siroljuk  
#3 Posted : 18 January 2018 08:12:50(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Originally Posted by: Stingh Go to Quoted Post

Thanks
Ingemar

Hello Ingemar and others too.

It is not possible to make easily conditions in the event using s88 contacts. You can however make conditions using using S88 FLAGS inside an event.

Here is simple example:
Put one on-off switch to one s88 contact plug so that you can manually change that contact to on- and off-mode.
Then you put this manual contact into left side first element into new event. In this element normally stand "manual" but after you put that special contact in that elment it's name changes to that special contact's name.

Then you can use this event, which starts using your special manual contact, normally like others events but it starts only when your switch is on or off.( depending how you configure that s88 contact).

It is very difficult to explain in English because my native language is not English.

But if you search my previous writings in this forum You can find more information about how to use FLAGS using routes.

I will today look my old writings and get back

Regards

Jukka
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline siroljuk  
#4 Posted : 18 January 2018 09:18:40(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello.
If you want more ideas and thoughts about FLAGS, what they are and how to use them, just log into Forum as real user and search with keyword flag and user siroljuk.
Unfortunately in many of my posts there should be pictures, but I have destroyed those few months ago when I was clearing my documents, I AM SORRY ABOUT MY MISTAKE.Blushing

Regards
Jukka
Offline Stingh  
#5 Posted : 18 January 2018 09:31:27(UTC)
Stingh

Sweden   
Jukka

Have tried this but want to go one step further.
If you add this event as you describe at the beginning of a new event (we call it "Start") and then a switch to change mode, it does not work.

The "Start" Event thus consists of 2 items, one event first and then one switch.

If you enable "Start" Event, it will skip the Event that is first and change the mode of the switch regardless of the status of the Event that has position one.

Thanks
Ingemar
Offline siroljuk  
#6 Posted : 18 January 2018 09:45:24(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hi,
I will do some testing and try to make detailed document for you what I have found.
It takes time now, but perhaps after next weekend we have more information about conditional events and routes.

In the mean time HAVE FUN

Regards
Jukka
Offline clapcott  
#7 Posted : 18 January 2018 10:03:38(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
FWIW my experience echos the limitation stated.

In the CS2 you could compose a memory/route/event with multiple s88 conditions (either being set or unset) and these conditions could be layout S88 activity or homemade control board button (wired to an S88 port) . Layout activity could include flags through relay switches.

A CS3 event function only offers one single condition and that condition is an internal logical "controlling contact" which can not be controlled programatically - only via the icon on the track board screen.

Further, this condition only applies to a layout triggered event (s88). If you manually trigger the event or attempt to daisychain events, the "controlling condition" is ignored and the event runs regardless.

The scenario for placing a sensor within the event sequence might work in the future, however for some reason the meaning of these sensors is currently either continue (regardless) or wait (until clear) - there is no option to actually stop/cancel and not run the event.

In summary , watch this space but in the meantime don't throw away your CS2.
Peter
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline siroljuk  
#8 Posted : 19 January 2018 08:35:41(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello

Peter is again right. In current versions of CS3-programs there is not possible to stop running event using any known method automatically. I am sure that someday there will be possibility to make programmable stop to running event. Perhaps there is but I have not found it yetCool .

The idea of events which include conditions needs perfect advantage planning. Simple event is really easy to make, just run you train and record running, and possibly after recording fine tune all necessary properties of event's element. That's it.

When you plan to make complicated multi-train events you should do "pre-plan" on the paper and carefully think every movements and maneuvers.
After this kind of planning you can see all conditions at one sight. If you don't then you have to divide your plan so that you can. IMHOBigGrin BigGrin .

Using that one possible and supported mean of condition you can make astonishing complicated events. How, you ask
Well when you have a completed plan how your event should work, search all time points where some kind of condition should be. If you want you can cut the main-event at this point and continue with another event which have one condition. You can use also Flags to restrict or allow next event.

Divide your major event into such arts that your conditions are possible.

Using simple "one condition event" and FLAGS with S88 and m81 decoder you can do amazing things.

If you have Märklin latest book 30920 you should read the whole section "Programming Events: Creating and Linking Processes"

I continue to test my Events and will tell you my findings, If I find something interestingBigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Jukka
Offline siroljuk  
#9 Posted : 21 January 2018 17:17:17(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello BigGrin BigGrin
Here is my findings after few hours testing with CS3Plus.

I hope that you comment if you find there mistakes or misunderstandings, or if you have another opinions.

Jukka

Thoughts and findings.pdf (954kb) downloaded 181 time(s).
Offline clapcott  
#10 Posted : 21 January 2018 22:10:37(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
For a comment on the CS3 "Controlling Contacts" I will first describe an analogous CS2 scenario.

With the CS2 Memory, you are presented with route containers in groups of 8.

One instrumental aspect of the grouping is the little icon/button to the right of each group that toggles from "hand" (meaning manually triggered route) to "hand/loco" (meaning manual OR S88 - the loco is meant to represent a train running on the layout and activating S88 sensors, but this might equally be buttons on a control board wired into an s88).
It it this function , that is the "Controlling Contact" on a CS2

One "use case" for this would be to have a sequence containing locomotive commands to have a particular loco ... make noise, start , stop , reverse speed up. However, if you want another loco to run on that piece of track, possibly under its own rounte control, you do not want sensors/events affecting the original loco ,( which might by this time be doing other things on a different part of the layout). Thus you would toggle the "Controlling Contact" to manual only and disable the layout sensors from trigger that group of 8 routes.

Now to the CS3 and what we have is ...
- a single "automatic" button/icon at the top of the main events screen that disables/enables ALL automation - i.e. s88 triggering of events.
or
- the ability to set a controlling contact for EACH event - rather than a group of 8 as with the CS2

If you have previously set up a "Controlling Contact" as a "virtual" s88 button on the Track Board, this will become available in the control dropdown
Or you can just drag it.
Subsequently, the "Controlling contact" - on the TrackBoard only currently - may be set On/Enabled for the event to run when its s88 trigger is activated
NOTE: you can still manually run the event - regardless of the controlling contact state - it only relates to s88 triggering

Comment: not that obvious in the video, is my use of drag and drop to associate the two sensors with the event.
This same association can be seen if you edit the event header (click on it), where you will get the dialogue box as below
UserPostedImage
Peter
Offline siroljuk  
#11 Posted : 22 January 2018 11:51:31(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
HelloBigGrin
And Thank You Peter again.
I didn't manage to use that little switch on left of the event, but now I start again to test and try again.

It really is sad that we cannot get proper information from Märklin people. Information about new features which are included into new updates.
I feel that they tell us mainly corrected bugs not new add ons or features.
To me all those new kind of contacts were unfamiliar I don't know what kind of actions they are meant.
Anyway I like this kind of testing, and gradually things get clearer, especially when getting friendly help from members of the ForumThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

But. . . after every testing rounds I have learned something newBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

I really like my CS3Plus

Regards

Jukka