Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ae66green  
#1 Posted : 16 January 2018 23:08:20(UTC)
ae66green

Canada   
Can anyone tell me how to use those control levers which is the cab view of a diesel locomotive after I upgrade my CS2 to v.4.2.1? I don't know where to find the information of that cab view?

diesel cab view.png
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 17 January 2018 09:34:14(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
The image you show is from a CS3 rather than a CS2
- same wallpaper but the CS2 does not offer a onscreen "STOP" and the exit icon is a "X" rather than a Loco in a red circle.

A manual will have shipped with the mFX+ loco.
Marklin offer a small selection of mFX+ manuals @ https://www.maerklin.de/.../spielewelt-anleitungen/

Your particular one (ID=6) is not specifically covered however any Diesel variant will be similar enough from the essential control viewpoint.
Peter
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 17 January 2018 10:04:51(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
If it is a diesel, why does it say Br01, or does that get replaced when the loco is actually logged in?

Offline ae66green  
#4 Posted : 17 January 2018 12:34:01(UTC)
ae66green

Canada   
I have CS2, and the cab view image is looked very similar to the photo above, but since I copied the above photo from the internet, it may not be looked exactly same as the actual image on my CS2 for my locomotive, but all the control levers and buttons are same as what I see on my CS2. I have the diesel locomotive class G 2000 BB, before I upgraded the CS2 software, the cab view was looked like below, but after upgraded to v.4.2.1, it is looked like the photo above. The manual does not tell what control lever is for what purpose, it just tells what functions it has???

Here is the cab view before upgrade the CS2
Cab_02_Deisel_200x120.png
Offline ae66green  
#5 Posted : 17 January 2018 13:07:37(UTC)
ae66green

Canada   
Thanks Peter

By using the link you provided, I have got the information for what control lever is for what. Thank you again for your information.

ae66green.
Offline clapcott  
#6 Posted : 19 January 2018 02:50:50(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: ae66green Go to Quoted Post
... before I upgraded the CS2 software, the cab view was looked like below, but after upgraded to v.4.2.1, it is looked like the photo above.

FWIW

mfx+ architecture has 4 groups , or classes, numbered (1,5,9..),(2,6,10..),(3,7,11,,),(4,8,12..). If a new loco comes out and presents a cabID that the CS does not yet know (like your C2000 with an ID of 6), the CS will fallback to the root of that group - i.e. 2 in your case.

ref: https://www.marklin-user...finition--list-of-values

Quote:
The manual does not tell what control lever is for what purpose, it just tells what functions it has???

mFX+ locos ship with 2 manuals, the usual one with description, parts, function list, and a second one for the CabMode operation (as per the samples in the link provided)

If your loco came from the factory/dealer, and didn't have the second manual I would suggest sending an email to service@marrklin.de. This is one area they usually respond to pretty quicky (if the manual is new and available)
Peter