Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline cookee_nz  
#1 Posted : 14 January 2018 06:48:00(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to assist me here

Here we have a 2160 Double-Slip, but is slightly different to any I've seen before. The Point Blade appears to be slightly different design than the others that I have seen. It's more flat for one thing compared to the clearly rounded look of others and appears that it would be more reliable.

Also, the entire center area is clearly different so it would appear there were reliability issues and I'm wondering when this change was made? - there is nothing in any of the catalogues to state any change and although the center portion gives enough detail, there is no change to match what the design change. In fact, the 1981 catalogue with 2260 still appears to use the 2160 image.

Please note I am talking about 21xx series with the hollow/folded tin rails rather than the 22xx stainless steel. 21xx was introduced in 1969 and ran until 1980. 22xx came out in 1981.

Does anyone else here have any K-Track 2160 Double-Slips and who can confirm which style they have and what the reliability is like?

I know it's a long-shot that anyone might be aware of this but it's worth asking. Perhaps there might have been a small mention in the Märklin Magazin ?

I note the two box styles, I believe the change from the older light blue box was in the very early 70's so this might give a clue.

Here is what I believe is the newer style blade, see more flat 'surface' area...

2160-blade1a.jpg

Earlier style, rounded, prone to wear on all the ones I've seen...

2160-blade2a.jpg

And here the two in full size

2160-blade1.jpg2160-blade2.jpg
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 14 January 2018 17:01:28(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Don't have any information that you are seeking, but a comment on your first picture. It looks like the moving blade will become part of the check rail when it is in the other position, which would help add to the reliability of wheel tracking. The fixed check rail is significantly longer than in the second picture. In the second picture the moving rail will not connect with the check rail like the one in the first picture would.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan