Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline johnpatrickwack  
#1 Posted : 23 November 2017 00:18:04(UTC)
johnpatrickwack

United States   
Hi and Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating it -

As a side note, I run several public working groups oriented around U.S. voting, and I do a lot of sighing over certain people who are always asking for help... but here I am doing the same thing here! I greatly appreciate this forum and the many helpful people who take the trouble to respond to inquiries such as mine - I hope some day to know enough that I can be equally helpful to someone.

I am relatively new to the CS3, having migrated from an MS2. Everything seems to work well so far, although I've only added my locomotives and created a track diagram, I have yet to add in the decoders and addresses, etc. There is one particular locomotive, a BR 01.10, item 37105, that will not register on either the programming track or the main track. Briefly, it did register and work well when I first setup the CS3 and added it, however I subsequently sent the locomotive to Helmut's Hobbies (Scott) for repair of a traction tire and while it was in for repair, I ended up deleting the locomotive from the list of locomotives somewhat accidentally. Now, I cannot get the doggone thing to register properly - if I tell the CS3 to search for missing MFX locomotives, it will find it and start the registration process, but the process seems to end prematurely, displaying a "The World of Operation mode for Locomotive 01 1054 DB was read" message briefly and then stopping (see the attached screeenshot - the message flashes off so quickly that I had to take a movie to read the message). When I disconnect the CS3 and hook up the MS2, where it is already registered, the locomotive works fine. I'm trying to troubleshoot this methodically but getting nowhere. Would anyone have any suggestions?

One thing I should do is delete the locomotive from the MS2 and see if it re-registers. I'll try that in the meantime. Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to manually register an MFX locomotive on the CS3.

I should mention, Scott is very good and tests all his work, so I very much doubt he had anything to do with the problem.

Thank you as always, John
---
John P. Wack
Silver Spring, MD
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by johnpatrickwack
Offline johnpatrickwack  
#2 Posted : 23 November 2017 02:37:00(UTC)
johnpatrickwack

United States   
I'm going to reply to my own post... I was able to totally reset the locomotive with my MS2 and then get it to register on the CS3. Which leads me to think that, for easier trouble-free installation, I probably should have totally reset ALL locomotives before adding them to the CS3. Live and learn....

Cheers, John
---
John P. Wack
Silver Spring, MD
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by johnpatrickwack