Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline sjbartels  
#1 Posted : 17 November 2017 09:01:20(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
I have come into the possession of a used but at the time working re460 37460 locomotive, one owner, only drove it on Sunday's...

Anyway, when I went to run it on my layout with my CS2 and the latest 4.2 update, I can't get the darn thing to register, it goes through all the motions but nothing. I tried finding it on the programming track and did, and after that could run it, but it wouldn't retain the memory of said loco. I would attempt to do an MFx recovery on my CS2 and it would say there was one, but again, the CS2 would go to 100 and then stop. Shut down and reboot did nothing either.

Not to be deterred, I tried a second CS2 (also 4.2 updated) with the exact same result, only difference, this CS2 has no other data stored on it, loco's etc, so rules out a memory thing on my in use CS2.

ON a suggestion from a dealer friend I know, I tried it with a MS2 separate, and guess what, everything worked great, SO, it's not the decoder on the lok like I first thought, so the only variable I have left is potentially the update to the CS2. Long shot ask, but has anyone seen anything similar with the update and lok's going haywire during initial or subsequent set up?

Thanks

American by Geography, Australian by Birth. I am an original Ameristraylian
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 17 November 2017 10:30:42(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: sjbartels Go to Quoted Post
.....but has anyone seen anything similar with the update and lok's going haywire during initial or subsequent set up?

Nope!

I assume mfx is not disabled in the CS2's setup screen (setup / track).
Offline sjbartels  
#3 Posted : 18 November 2017 00:56:42(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
Its strange for sure

I checked all my settings and everything appears correct. I also went ahead and deleted two of my previously loaded and installed MFx loco's. I successfully reinstalled the first no problem. I went ahead and tried the 37460 next and same problem arises. Went ahead and got the second locomotive and was able to reinstall it no problem as well.

I's officially almost out of common sense and basic ideas so I'm going to throw some wild ones out there. Since the locomotive worked with the MS2 no problem and yet didn't with the two CS2 units, I have to conclude its likely something on the CS2 side. So, running with that, and since no one else seems to have had any issues with this loco (and it's not like it hasn't been around a while), I wonder whether it has something to do with the CS2 update? Is there a database error for this one locomotive? Wild and a huge long shot I know.....

Is there anyone out there who has a 37460 who'd be willing to test the theory? Delete it from the CS2 with the updated software and see if they can reinstall it?

Otherwise, I'm not sure what else to think or do....

Well I did think of something else to, actually got to "see it" on my programming track so decided to try a reset, guess what, identified it no problem after that. After all that, a nice easy fix.... but still oddly had some stymied given the working with the MS2 and the blank stare back of the CS2!

Edited by user 18 November 2017 05:00:31(UTC)  | Reason: Addition of updated information

American by Geography, Australian by Birth. I am an original Ameristraylian