Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline tulit  
#1 Posted : 07 October 2017 21:05:07(UTC)
tulit

Canada   
This is the new gold plated VT 11.5 rail set which is a 7 piece set. What differentiates it from previous versions is the fact that each of the 7 cars are gold-plated with 24 karat gold. MSRP was 2,400 euro but sets can be found for closer to 1,800 euro.

Marklin claims it's a 1,500 unit limited run, and each set comes with a numbered certificate. At a total length of 1.5m, it really required a large layout to run in its entirety.

The set comes in a large (and surprisingly heavy) box.

Inside the box is a wooden case finished with brass fittings. Although the box is a nice storage solution, I would have preferred a wall-mount display case like some of the other sets.

Inside of the box a large TEE logo highlights the two trays of locomotives and cars. The set even includes a pair of gloves to protect the train while handling it (reminiscent of KM1).

The locomotives are nicely finished and look to be the same molds. The main difference being of course the gold finishing.

Details on the roof are again nice. It would have been neat had they motorized the cooling fans like on the condenser tender models.

Both of the engines are powered and connection is achieved by a proprietary conducting coupling system. End lighting is direction switching between white and red.

The set also includes the 5 cars. Each are fairly similar and feature digitally switchable interior lighting and details.

Again as I mentioned earlier, with all 7 pieces, this is a long train. I didn't have nearly enough space to fit it into my temporary track. There's a total of 18 digital functions include the mfx+ cab control mode.

Here's a short clip of a short run
thanks 19 users liked this useful post by tulit
Online xxup  
#2 Posted : 07 October 2017 21:50:15(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Good review. It is disappointing that Marklin did not take the opportunity with this very expensive set to install working lights for the portals in the two end cars/locos.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline kimballthurlow  
#3 Posted : 07 October 2017 23:29:32(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Tulit,
Thanks for the review, very interesting.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline PJMärklin  
#4 Posted : 08 October 2017 05:54:42(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: tulit Go to Quoted Post
This is the new gold plated VT 11.5 rail set which is a 7 piece set. What differentiates it from previous versions is the fact that each of the 7 cars are gold-plated with 24 karat gold. MSRP was 2,400 euro but sets can be found for closer to 1,800 euro.

Marklin claims it's a 1,500 unit limited run, and each set comes with a numbered certificate. At a total length of 1.5m, it really required a large layout to run in its entirety.

The set comes in a large (and surprisingly heavy) box.

Inside the box is a wooden case finished with brass fittings. Although the box is a nice storage solution, I would have preferred a wall-mount display case like some of the other sets.

Inside of the box a large TEE logo highlights the two trays of locomotives and cars. The set even includes a pair of gloves to protect the train while handling it (reminiscent of KM1).

The locomotives are nicely finished and look to be the same molds. The main difference being of course the gold finishing.

Details on the roof are again nice. It would have been neat had they motorized the cooling fans like on the condenser tender models.

Both of the engines are powered and connection is achieved by a proprietary conducting coupling system. End lighting is direction switching between white and red.

The set also includes the 5 cars. Each are fairly similar and feature digitally switchable interior lighting and details.

Again as I mentioned earlier, with all 7 pieces, this is a long train. I didn't have nearly enough space to fit it into my temporary track. There's a total of 18 digital functions include the mfx+ cab control mode.

Here's a short clip of a short run

Hello Tulit,

Thank you for your review.

As you may have noted from my posts I am a fan of the VT 11.5.
Previously I had the initial Roco 3 rail version, then the Märklin version when it first came out.
Your review is indeed tempting !!Wub

Regards,

PJ

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline river6109  
#5 Posted : 09 October 2017 08:23:33(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Thanks for the review, very very nice

No, not buying this one, if it would have had gold hinge fittings yes but brass fittings is below the belt BigGrin
John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Ian555  
#6 Posted : 11 October 2017 18:51:36(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Another video of the Set running...

thanks 9 users liked this useful post by Ian555
Offline tulit  
#7 Posted : 11 October 2017 19:46:43(UTC)
tulit

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Ian555 Go to Quoted Post
Another video of the Set

Now that’s a proper layout for this train ;)
Offline kiwiAlan  
#8 Posted : 11 October 2017 23:57:31(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: tulit Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ian555 Go to Quoted Post
Another video of the Set

Now that’s a proper layout for this train ;)

The last Open House Ian had I ran my ICE-S (the very first model that Marklin produced with a C-Sine motor) and even though it was close to maximum speed it still took the thick end of a minute to complete a circuit.

As you say, a proper layout for a train of that length. ThumpUp

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline klarinettmeister  
#9 Posted : 25 February 2018 17:32:23(UTC)
klarinettmeister

Sweden   
Very nice!

I choose the 37608+43119 instead as I got them together for half the price of the 37603 at my dealers winter sales.

And if you want a fast runner, choose the ICE3 instead. Mine derails at R2 in full speed and passes the ICE-S with ease.