Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline darticus  
#1 Posted : 10 September 2017 16:42:18(UTC)
darticus

Does anyone know where I can get the manual for the track wiring? This set is a double set and the two loops are connected and I want to wire it up. Because each train uses a transformer there must be insulators used to keep the two loops isolated as two different transformers will be connected. This is for set Marklin 81835 which is no longer made but maybe manuals are available. This is the track it comes with but the wiring is in the booklet that I don't have. Thanks Ron20170908_2.JPG

Edited by moderator 11 September 2017 08:50:00(UTC)  | Reason: Removed capitalisation on topic header - typing in caps is like shouting at everyone! Please don't d

Offline zscalehobo  
#2 Posted : 12 September 2017 01:56:01(UTC)
zscalehobo

United States   
Originally Posted by: darticus Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know where I can get the manual for the track wiring? This set is a double set and the two loops are connected and I want to wire it up. Because each train uses a transformer there must be insulators used to keep the two loops isolated as two different transformers will be connected. This is for set Marklin 81835 which is no longer made but maybe manuals are available. This is the track it comes with but the wiring is in the booklet that I don't have. Thanks Ron

Hello Ron:

The plan as shown is not making use of isolators and it only has one feeder. That plan can run off one transformer.

In order to do a 2-train operation, you need a second 8590 feeder track and isolators ... the second 8590 feeder is installed in place of one 8500 on the outer loop. The 8954 isolating joiners would then be placed in-between any two of the 8568-8521 or 8569-8521 junctions.

There is no wiring diagram nor instruction as it is painfully simple. An 8590 accepts a brown wire and a red wire. If you orient both 8590's in the same direction, you cannot miss the wires. Red - brown from a Marklin transformer plug into same orientation of each 8590.

To remove joiners from turnouts can be tricky and expensive if you mess up. So, be careful. Peel back the plastic sleepers (ties) and then pull the metal joiner out. Replace with a plastic Marklin 8954 joiner.

I also saw this post on several other forums where you were concerned with the locos shorting out crossing the isolator. Not going to happen. If you are one truck on inner loop one truck on outer loop, you can have short bursts of extra current, but it won't kill the loco unless you are at high speeds. Run your locos at crawling, prototypical speeds and it becomes a fun game of matching speeds as you go from inner loop to outer loop.

Here is one example of an isolated loop track setup on the Noch Tessin layout; inner loop and outer loop are separate circuits and I show a train jumping from inner to outer ... yes, trains were running fast, but it was to speed up the runs around the layout and shorten the video length:
Frank Daniels
Owner - z.scale.hobo
A Noch "Top Dealer"
Marklin Dealer and Z Locomotive Service
Irvine, California, USA
www.zscalehobo.com
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by zscalehobo
Offline zscalehobo  
#3 Posted : 12 September 2017 02:04:30(UTC)
zscalehobo

United States   
I found a good piece of detail in the 67271 manual. Page 7 "several track circuits" is your wiring diagram.

https://medienpdb.maerkl.../1/pdf/67271_betrieb.pdf

Opens a pdf from Maerklin.de website.

Frank Daniels
Owner - z.scale.hobo
A Noch "Top Dealer"
Marklin Dealer and Z Locomotive Service
Irvine, California, USA
www.zscalehobo.com