Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline NS1200  
#1 Posted : 09 September 2017 16:09:09(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Latest TV commercial from Dutch railways NS International.
"Wat houdt je tegen?" means "What is stopping you?".
"Waar ga jij naartoe vandaag?" means "Where are you going today?".

Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 10 September 2017 02:14:08(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Oh yes Paul, from my experience using the trains in Europe generally is quite a treat.
So much to experience at destination.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline NS1200  
#3 Posted : 10 September 2017 08:36:12(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
A lot of discussion has taken place on this forum about the aging public for modeltrains,youngsters no longer interested it seems.
In real life,in particular in Western Europe including Holland,people tend to get older and older,overhere we say that 70 is the new 50!
Also in advertising the trend is unmistakable,more and more companies start focussing on people in their golden age,having sparetime and money to spend.
The socalled "greywave" is clearly there and will only get bigger.
Looking at Marklin,and Roco/Fleischmann for that matter,it is clear to me that the elderly fans should not be forgotten in favour of the youth.
The railways are running trains from early morning till late at night,trains are full during rush hours,twice a day,for the remainder of the day you can sit where you like,as such railways are trying to fill up seats with people having plenty of time and money.
In Holland you can buy an annual discountticket which will give you 40 percent discount on trainfares outside morning rush hours,my wife has one and it allows me to travel with her for the same discount.
The discountcard costs Euro 50.- per annum,you are allowed to bring 3 fellowpassengers,valid on weekdays between 0900 and 1600 hrs and between 18:30 and 06:30 hrs,also valid for the entire weekend from Fridaynight 18:30 hrs till Mondaymorning 06:30 hrs.
I have the impression that such price promotion works out very well to increase income for the railways.
Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NS1200