Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Eisenhower  
#1 Posted : 12 August 2017 17:01:59(UTC)
Eisenhower

Denmark   
Software: Railroad & Co TrainController Gold Ver. 7 F8
1 x Uhlenbrock Intellibox 65050
1 x 63240 Digital Booster
2 x Uhlenbrock 20075 Transformator 70VA
8 x 63410 Uhlenbrock Schaltmodul
7 x 63330 Uhlenbrock Rückmeldemodul
Viessmann 4011 Light Block Signal HO

Youtube video of test drive
Steen
Digital | C-Track | Epoche II-IV | Railroad & Co. 7.0 Gold | IB 1 | LocoNet
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Eisenhower
Offline Danlake  
#2 Posted : 12 August 2017 19:38:18(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi Steen,

Excellent and a nice layout you are buildingThumpUp

Automation is great fun and a real satisfaction when it runs like clock work.

Well done and keep us updated on your layout.

Brgds Lasse

Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
Offline dickinsonj  
#3 Posted : 13 August 2017 02:09:03(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Hi Steen,

Love your layout - it is several year ahead of mine but pretty much exactly where I am heading too. I love all of the long lines and multiple levels. Do you plan elaborate scenery and if so, do you already have a concept of that worked out? I want to start with the mechanics of the layout and then figure out scenery when I get to it, but I am afraid I will have forgotten something that will make that part very hard.

I work and live in the world of software and I so far have avoided bringing it into my MRR, but your layout makes me have to reconsider that!

I think you have made a great start on an amazing layout. Cool

Keep us informed!
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline Johnvr  
#4 Posted : 13 August 2017 10:08:42(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Excellent layout and automation.

I would be grateful if you could describe how the automation works.
Are you using s88 feedback , or circuit tracks ? What triggers the trains to stop / go ?

Does the automation always repeat the same instructions, or is there some randomness / conditional switch built in to have variable patterns ?
For example, I noticed that some trains go clockwise and other trains go anti-clockwise around the inner loop, which is nice to see the variation.

Regards,BigGrin
John
Offline Eisenhower  
#5 Posted : 13 August 2017 12:17:51(UTC)
Eisenhower

Denmark   
@Lasse: thx ThumpUp

@Jim: Yeah, I am thinking of some kind of elaborated town (level 1) with a "sunken" main station (level 0). And if possible I will build in my turntable Märklin 7686 @level 1 as well.
I think I am doing what you are thinking of starting out with the mechanics and then figure out the scenery later on.
For me this hobby is having the automation work and to see all the trains starting and stopping under control of the PC. Maybe I will never get to the point where scenery can/will be built.BigGrin

@John: I use only Uhlenbrock modules. Not because i am religious about it, but because it works for me.
s88 is similar to Uhlenbrock (UHL) 63330 Rückmeldemodul 3-Leiter-Gleis, which I use.
I make my ovn feedback track by cutting a C-track peace underneath in each end so that one of the two rails gets isolated. This peace is then wired to the feedback module UHL63330 (could be s88). At the moment I use 7 x Feedback modules with each 16 inputs. Not all inputs are in use - maybe 80-90% in total. The software operates with so called "Virtual contacts", which makes it possible to create a contact points that are not there in reality. Only in the program. All "Virtual contacts" has a reference point which are a real contact point. They are referenced by "cm".

All UHL modules is connected via "Loconet" which basically is american phone wire with RJ45 connectors.
The "brain" is the Intellibox which also is connected to the loconet. PC and Intellibox are connected via serial cable.

The core is the software (RR&Co Traincontroller installed on PC). It receives feedback and it sends out instructions to the digital system, switches (connected to UHL 63410 Schaltmodul), trains, ligt, signals (connected to UHL63410) etc. Could be all kinds of instructions, turn down the curtains BigGrin , start a train, stop a train, move the turntable to position x, start light in building Y, start a schedule, play a sound, play multiple sounds etc etc. Only your imagination is the limit.
What you see in the video is one schedule "Bjerringbro to Bjerringbro" (Bjerringbro=my town) which is run until I press a button=off in the software.
A "schedule" consists basically of "routes" and "blocks". "Blocks" are connected by "routes".
Trains run "routes" between "blocks". There are usually one block between 2 switches, but on longer lines there are multiple blocks.
The fact that you notice some trains go clockwise and other trains go anti-clockwise around the inner loop, still running the same schedule, is becuase the schedule has multiple options.
If one block in the schedule is blocked by other trains then an alternative block is selected. Only possible because there are multiple options for the software to select other routes.
I plan to build a "Timetable" which will start and end different schedules in a random pattern.
I hope this makes sense BigGrin

Best regards
Steen
Digital | C-Track | Epoche II-IV | Railroad & Co. 7.0 Gold | IB 1 | LocoNet
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Eisenhower