Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Tom Jessop  
#1 Posted : 11 August 2017 12:17:54(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

I have been looking thru flea bay the last few days & have noticed some wagons are described as " Club " models with a year number for production & other models described as Insider models with similar production year numbers . The insider models are the ones we get yearly as part of our club subscription but what is the story behind the other wagon models which are described as club models ? The club models seem to disappear in the late 90's , I have never noticed the difference before ,could I please be enlightened about this variation .

Cheers Tom in Oz , sweating thru the heatwave we are having in the middle of winter , 27 c today when it should be mid 10's .
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tom Jessop
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 11 August 2017 13:39:48(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi Tom, the club models were the predecessors of the Insider models. Before the Marklin Insider label was adopted it was just known as the "Marklin Club".
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 11 August 2017 15:34:31(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Hi Tom, the club models were the predecessors of the Insider models. Before the Marklin Insider label was adopted it was just known as the "Marklin Club".

I believe they were also marketed through Marklin USA who published the Telex magazine which was the forerunner of the insider Club magazine.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline RayF  
#4 Posted : 11 August 2017 17:42:25(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I used to be a member of Marklin club UK which was administered by W&H models of New Cavendish St in London. I used to receive the magazine too.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Tom Jessop  
#5 Posted : 11 August 2017 22:36:32(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

Thanks for that , I thought that must have been the case. There is a few club items which overlap with the insider models which throw a spanner in the works when looking for things to buy to finish a collection .

Cheers Tom in Oz.
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 12 August 2017 07:50:17(UTC)
H0

Hi!

Currently it is the "Insider Club" and in Germany both "Insider" or "Club" can be used to refer to the same institution.

The car included with the annual payment is called the "Jahreswagen" (not sure which English term would apply), the car sets that require additional payments are usually called "Insider-Modell" (Insider model).

The UK Club may add to the complexity.

And descriptions on fleaBay may contain unlimited nonsense.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline dickinsonj  
#7 Posted : 13 August 2017 01:43:27(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post

The car included with the annual payment is called the "Jahreswagen" (not sure which English term would apply...

It would best translate simply to "yearly wagon", with the reader assumed to know enough to fill in the rest of the story.

It is a German thing which I like, because it means don't bother us unless you know something about the subject, as many German companies do. For example just take a look at the extensive documentation supplied with most Märklin products. BigGrin
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.