Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Kanga  
#1 Posted : 27 July 2017 15:10:27(UTC)
Kanga

Australia   
Well, enough of me just lurking about here reading good advice for the past 18 months or so. I decided to join up and apart from some offerings of running a Marklin layout complete with catenary in a tropical environment, I've got a bit of a problem with a 37796 TGV. I have an MS2 on a small layout and the last couple of days each end of the TGV has decided it is just going to do what it feels, and one runs flat chat, the other stops in correct response to the MS2 control. I tried factory resetting my MS2 to no avail. Am I taking my TGV back to Paris?

Karl
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 27 July 2017 18:34:21(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Hmm, I think I would double check all the connections between coaches. That is about the only thing I can think of. Look for bent pins or connectors not properly mated.

The motor that goes full chat, does it reverse when the other one does?

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
H0
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 27 July 2017 19:13:22(UTC)
H0

The train has one decoder and two motors wired in series. So unless something went wrong with the wiring (e.g. plug between coaches) the two motors should get power at the same time.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Kanga  
#4 Posted : 28 July 2017 10:15:20(UTC)
Kanga

Australia   
Thanks for those replies. The fault indeed seems to be in the plug between the two train halves although visually the contacts all look ok and the spring action of the pins check out. The locos do both reverse and when they do, the opposite (and always the rear end) becomes the one running flat chat. Manipulating the coach coupling fixes it temporarily. Might be a warranty job.
Offline Drongo  
#5 Posted : 29 July 2017 05:44:42(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Hi Kanga,

Have a look in the review section about what I said about the Marklin TGV. After returning 4 times to Marklin service they decided to exchange it for another model made in China, which is a little better than the TGV. My advice is to ask for an exchange - do both about getting it repaired. That's my opinion.

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!