Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Tex  
#1 Posted : 22 July 2017 16:28:28(UTC)
Tex

United States   

I recently purchased a Roco 69233 Class 23 steam engine for use on my Marklin layout. The engine was the AC version and had a very attractive appearance and some nice the features such as a weighted metal insert in the boiler and decoder in the tender. When I received the engine , I found out that the smallest turning radius was Roco R3 , 419.6 mm. My layout has some Marklin R1 , 360 mm turns which is equal to Roco R2. Roco, however, does not make AC track and I assumed that the engine was designed to operate on Marklin AC track which would require deeper flanges and the ability to operate on r1 turns similar to all Marklin locomotives. The Roco dealer in the United States would not answer my question on the suitability of the engine for my layout and would accept my return of the engine in its unopened box but would have to charge me for the shipping costs and a 15 % stocking fee.

I would like to know if any one has operated similar Roco engines on R1 Marklin track.

Tex

Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 22 July 2017 16:52:20(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Tex Go to Quoted Post
I would like to know if any one has operated similar Roco engines on R1 Marklin track.
The loco you have is not BR 23, it is BR 23.10.
I don't have any BR 23.10.
I have Roco's BR 23 (DB, not DR), but never tried her on Märklin R1.
I have Roco's BR 50 and tested her successfully on Märklin R1.

Generally I've found several items to work on smaller radii than specified by the manufacturer.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0