Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 18 July 2017 16:56:17(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
After the IC "Bavaria", the Set for the EC "Vauban" is now available from MW/LSM.
http://models-world.eu/g...lles-ec-9091-vauban.html
This set contains a mix of SNCB and FS coaches to reproduce the international Eurocity running from Brussels to Milano via Strasbourg, Basel, Bern and the Loetschberg-Simplon.
The set makes for a nice colourful consist that can be run behind a SNCB (Brussels to Luxembourg), SNCF (Luxembourg to Basel), SBB or BLS (Basel to Bern/Bern to Domodossola) or FS (Domodossola to Milano) locomotive.
The only downside is that the FS coaches depicted in the actual photo of the consist are not the Z1 VSE Eurofima, but rather the more recent Italian Z1 coaches derived from that design. Models of those coaches are available from Rivarossi and ACME. It is possible that some, if not all of the FS coaches on this route may have been the original Eurofima type coaches, but I cannot confirm this.
Many will find this compromise acceptable because it allows the company to release this set even though they do not make the exact model to be 100% prototypical. In earlier days, it might have been possible for the set to have been a joint LSM/ACME production, but this could not happen given the current relations between the companies.

The same consist can be modelled in 1/100 (Maerklin) by using coaches from the 43513 and 41893 sets.

Regards

Mike C

Edited by user 20 July 2017 08:16:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 20 July 2017 08:24:07(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I should also mention that PiRATA has released a limited edition series of sets reproducing the EC "Rossini" consist between Schaffhausen and Milano. The train ran via Zuerich and the Gotthard and was composed of a colourful mix of SBB and FS coaches.

There are 3 sets, two of which are presently available.

97013 contains a SBB Bpm (1979), a SBB WRm and a SBB B (RIC). The Bpm and WRm are in C1 Orange, while the B (RIC) is in EWIV livery
97014 contains a SBB Am (Eurofima) and a FS Bz (Eurofima), both in C1 Orange
97015 will contain a SBB Am (Eurofima) in the new EC livery, a Bm RIC and a Dm RIC in the earlier green livery

I think that I will just purchase the first two sets and if I choose to model the longer version, I can add the coaches from my collection.

It would be roughly possible to reproduce this train with Maerklin's 28cm SBB and FS Eurofima coaches. If Maerklin releases the SBB WRm in Orange, this will complete the consist. To make up for the lack of a model of a B (RIC), you could add an extra FS Eurofima Bz.

Regards

Mike C