Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Giles  
#1 Posted : 12 July 2017 23:14:14(UTC)
Giles

United States   
I just picked a Thomas(eventually for my grandson). From now until just before Christmas it's on my layout. Including Thomas, I have 2 "cheaper" locomotives. Is it possible to change the address of either Thomas or #89006(0-6-0)? I see no DIP switches, and I only have a mobile station. I don't know the address, other than to know they both respond to the same address...an old man trying to learn.
Offline baggio  
#2 Posted : 13 July 2017 00:58:16(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Hi, Giles:

Did you try to change the address in the usual way with the MS?
Offline Giles  
#3 Posted : 13 July 2017 01:20:45(UTC)
Giles

United States   
I'm a 67 year old rookie.... "the usual way"??????
Offline baggio  
#4 Posted : 13 July 2017 01:48:29(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
OK, so that we are clear, this is what a mobile station looks like:

MS2 manual.pdf (6,219kb) downloaded 12 time(s).

The attachment is the manual for the MS (in both German and English) and the picture is on the cover.

Is that what you have?

Please confirm and I may be able to walk you through how to change the address. The manual is a bit daunting (OK, more than a bit...).

Incidentally, did you use your MS to get your Thomas loco to run on the layout? If not, how did you get it to run?
Offline Giles  
#5 Posted : 13 July 2017 04:00:37(UTC)
Giles

United States   
We are talking the same animal...MS2. However mine is written in German and in Jibberish.
I got Thomas to run by picking "Thomas" in the scroll down menu of MS2. Presently I would like my 89006 to have a different address as long as it's not one already taken by my 3 other engines and a piezo crane.
Offline baggio  
#6 Posted : 13 July 2017 04:59:03(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Maybe I can help you:

BEFORE YOU START, MAKE SURE ON THE TRACK THERE IS ONLY THE LOCO WHOSE ADDRESS YOU WANT TO CHANGE.

1. Push the SHIFT and LOCO buttons at the same time;

2. Screen now says CONFIGURE LOCO at top;

3. Push on the left side the wide button next to CHANGE LOCO;

4. Push on the left side the wide button next to ADDRESS;

5. Change the loco address by pushing on the wide buttons - on the left it's to go below (-) the present number and on the right to go above it (+);

6. After you picked the address you want, make sure you CONFIRM the selection by pushing the last wide button on the right.

7. See if it works and let me know.

If it does not WORK, send me a private message and we can do this on the telephone - I will give you my telephone no. to do so.
Offline Giles  
#7 Posted : 13 July 2017 06:05:17(UTC)
Giles

United States   
I did as you said and try as I may, the 89006 would not accept a new address. I was able to change Thomas' address. I got the results that I wanted, in a round about way. Thanks for the help.
Offline baggio  
#8 Posted : 13 July 2017 06:36:27(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Glad it worked, albeit in a roundabout way, as you said.

What catalogue no is the 89006?

Sounds like it is a 3000, which was analogue, and someone digitized it - do you know what decoder it has?
Offline Giles  
#9 Posted : 13 July 2017 15:02:36(UTC)
Giles

United States   
I picked up a Marklin analog set in my Lionel days. After years, I lost my in-laws basement and my Lionel days where gone. I started an analog Marklin layout at home. When I converted to digital, I was surprised that I could control #89006, so I kept it.
The engine looks like a 3000. The decoder seems super simple, as it doesn't even control the lights.
My layout is 95% SNCF, less the aforementioned DB, a DB crane, Thomas, and a CFL 4 wheel diesel. This American has a Frenchman for a son-in- law. French roadnames are harder to find, but Lima helps. I'm just about maxed out on French rolling stock, but when an affordable Peugeot comes along, it's mine.I
Thanks again, sorry I was too Marklin ignorant to properly answer your question.
Offline H0  
#10 Posted : 13 July 2017 15:59:20(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Giles Go to Quoted Post
The engine looks like a 3000. The decoder seems super simple, as it doesn't even control the lights.
This loco could be from the 2915 starter set with a Delta decoder.
To change the address, you have to use the usual procedure: a hot soldering iron. Well, that's the usual procedure for old Delta decoders. You can get 15 addresses with basic soldering skills.

Easier to change the addresses of other locos first.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline baggio  
#11 Posted : 13 July 2017 16:48:17(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
To change the address, you have to use the usual procedure: a hot soldering iron.

Scared OhMyGod ThumbDown Woot Wink