Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Share
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#1 Posted : 28 June 2017 15:05:41(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Joined: 02/04/2013(UTC)
Posts: 682
I bought this cute Brawa KLv 60.9001 Catenary Test Coach some weeks ago.

UserPostedImage

The original version from Brawa is analog AC, but this one had already a C90 digital decoder. But the driving performance wasn't so good, a bit loud and the rear lights are always changing with the front head lights. I decided to insert a mSD sound decoder and change the lights, to be able to switch off the rear lights.

First, remove the old decoder and all cable to the big circuit board:

UserPostedImage

Then, I made two small cuts into the conducting path, to solder later the AUX1/AUX2 to the rear lights.

I marked the cutouts with red circles, the yellow points are the solder points for the head lights, the red dots those for the rear lights:

UserPostedImage

For test drive, I sticked the speaker on top of the decoder:

UserPostedImage

After test drive, the speaker found a place under the roof:

UserPostedImage


And this is, how it looks and sounds:



The driving performance is much better with the mSD decoder, fabulous slow driving, very silent motor!

What is to do:
  • Better sound project
  • change lights from bulb to LED
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Moritz-BR365
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#2 Posted : 29 June 2017 20:27:01(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Joined: 02/04/2013(UTC)
Posts: 682
New soundproject of the VT 75.9:

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Moritz-BR365
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#3 Posted : 09 August 2017 15:30:29(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Joined: 02/04/2013(UTC)
Posts: 682
The model contains a head signal light on both sides. Brawa didn't realize this. Therefore, I bought cast brass headlights from Weinert.

UserPostedImage

This headlights are not designed to be equipped with a SMD LED. Therefore, I had to mill the headlight interior and drill a 0.6mm hole for the wires:

Hole from outside...

UserPostedImage

and inside:

UserPostedImage

The drill:

UserPostedImage

1st head light is ready:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

1st test assembly:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

And here the second one, even better:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Moritz-BR365
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#4 Posted : 13 August 2017 00:36:43(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Joined: 02/04/2013(UTC)
Posts: 682
And the final show, all headlights and rear lights with LED:

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Moritz-BR365
Users browsing this topic
OceanSpiders 2.0
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

| Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2022, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.253 seconds.