Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline dietcoke777  
#1 Posted : 21 June 2017 17:36:12(UTC)
dietcoke777

Hong Kong   
Another noob question gentlemen - will c tracks sit directly on top of 7252-7253 pillars or do I have to buy ramp pieces (mostly made for k and m tracks) in between to secure the track?

Secondly, assuming I want a section of the track to plateau out at 30mm (single piece of 7253) how many 7252s are required to complete the ascent over a semi circle of 6 x 24130? What would be the separation between the pillars? A bit of a brain tease I know but any insight would be much appreciated!

Diet Coke 777
Offline Minok  
#2 Posted : 21 June 2017 20:53:36(UTC)
Minok

United States   
The description for the 7253 has text specifically addressing C-Track so I assume it will work just fine with the bridges themselves 7262

Quote:
The bridge program with the look of steel girders takes C Track into the third dimension. Ramps, approaches and overpasses can be built systematically with these sturdy briges and ramps and the proven 7250 to 7253 pillars. The C Track lies in the bridge and can be slid back and forth, thus enabling you to have a custom installation of the bridges on a layout. The width of the bridges takes into account parallel approaches even in the track spacing used by the wide radius turnout geometry of 64.3 mm / 2-9/16". Suitable bases are available for catenary masts and color lights located in the bridge area.

But if your are asking, can you put the C-track directly on top of the pillars without any bridge supporting structure on/between the pillars, I'd think you would at least want to put some thing plywood as a base.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline MaerklinLife  
#3 Posted : 21 June 2017 21:35:08(UTC)
MaerklinLife

I wish they would make bridges for larger radius curves like R3 and R4 etc.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by MaerklinLife