Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline dominator  
#1 Posted : 21 June 2017 07:36:09(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Hi, I recently bought a Red Arrow 3125 with the ESU 6160 LokPilot Decoder..Installed.

The first time I ran it, I stuffed around trying to add it to my MS2 with no success, then all of a sudden, it was there.RollEyes I removed it from the track for about 2 weeks then decided to put it back on and run it. I discovered that its registration on the MS2 had not been permanent, and so attempted loading it again but didn't realized another loco was on the track. I removed the other loco and tried again. All I got was the head lamps working and I think from both ends. I stuffed around again to no avail, then all of a sudden it was registered.RollEyes The first time I thought I had set it up on position 10 on the MS2.

Can anyone help me understand what happened pleased and perhaps let me know the best way to set it up on the MS2. [ I understand that type of decoder does self register and I guess my fumbling around in the first place may have confused it..] .
Why didn't it stay listed on the MS2? The loco runs perfectly and has the option of headlamps on or off and changing direction as well as the option to turn on or off, the interior lights.

DereckConfused Unsure
22/6/17
I'm a twit.Flapper Discovered last night i had been loading it on position 11 so it wont be held. Could not get it to load on though last nigh, but it was very late and didn't have the time to persevere. Confused
I could not find a manual for it on google last night so would appreciate a bit of a guide to find one.

Edited by user 21 June 2017 23:23:51(UTC)  | Reason: new info

Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
Offline Goofy  
#2 Posted : 22 June 2017 09:23:06(UTC)
Goofy

I have never heard about ESU decoder 6160.
I suppose you missunderstand decoder.
Maybe you have an old decoder from the first generation?
I suggest you try to set MM2 protocol in the MS2 first before you try to control the decoder.
This decoder seems only function by adress manually.
Probably are decoder default.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline dominator  
#3 Posted : 23 June 2017 00:52:43(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Hi Anders. The loco is self loading, and is now on position 1 on the MS2. [ I have no idea how I got it onto position one though. Just fingers doing the wild dance on the keyboard. ] Just my lack of understanding has had me wondering. While I thought I had loaded it originally on position 10, it was actually position 11, so it didn't stay loaded. [ well it is still logged into the MS2 memory ]

I have just got used to have the locos all at my finger tips, but now I have 11 delta and digital locos, I now have to reload the 11th one every time i want to use it. Its just me. I just have to think about it for a change and practise. Loco is perfect.

And the man I bought it from across the ditch has been a perfect gentleman as well and very helpfull.

All the best. Dereck
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dominator
Offline Goofy  
#4 Posted : 23 June 2017 08:20:08(UTC)
Goofy

You did solved the problem.
It´s good that your train model does work and that is the point.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline scraigen  
#5 Posted : 26 June 2017 17:35:20(UTC)
scraigen

I struggled just the other evening with getting a new LokPilot decoder to work with my Mobile Station 1. Turned out very simply that there is a max limit to number of locos. Simply deleting one solves the issue and makes room for the new decoder to register. It took me quite a while to realise that though.

I cannot fathom where this limitation of 10 + 1MFX comes from. The Mobile Stations are not that old that remembering more than 11 loco's would be a significant challenge in either the hardware or software of the time - maybe just to sell the Central Stations instead once you get to 10/11 locos perhaps.
Must build something
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 26 June 2017 17:55:14(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: scraigen Go to Quoted Post
I cannot fathom where this limitation of 10 + 1MFX comes from.
The MS2 can store 40 locos in its loco list.
There are 10 positions at the bottom of the screen that remember the selected loco - and there is the 11th position that forgets the selected loco.

In the beginning the MS2 had a limit of 10+1 locos. When they raised the limit to 40 locos they should have made all 11 positions remember the selected loco IMHO.
But they didn't.

Those with more than 10 locos have to remember that the 11th position needs special treatments.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Jabez  
#7 Posted : 26 June 2017 19:21:32(UTC)
Jabez

Belgium   
I suppose you can load extra locos on Lok cards to quickly get around this limitation.
Jabez
I heard that lonesome whistle blow. Hank Williams