Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Timnomads  
#1 Posted : 30 May 2017 12:45:57(UTC)
Timnomads

Switzerland   
Dear All

I was lucky enough to find a new marklin turntable 7286 stuck in the back of a shop.

turntable.jpg

What do I need to make it work with my CS2, from reading
on this group I think I will need :-

Turntable 7286
Retrofit kit 7687
ext kit 3 spoke 7287
K to C track conversions 24922

I have read all the instructions about putting it all together, including the set up on the CS2 (a bit bazaar). How do i actually control it from the
CS2, is there a specific screen ? is it part of the layout screen ?Confused

If people could take a look and add explanations and if need be items to my shopping list I would be most grateful

Tim
Offline PMPeter  
#2 Posted : 30 May 2017 15:45:03(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Once you have your digital decoder for the turntable go to Page 14 of the Keyboard screen of your CS2 and select turntable as the device you want to control. Both pages 14 and 15 are usually used for this function. You probably need to set up page 15 as well depending on how many spoke tracks and positions you want to control.

Peter
Offline Timnomads  
#3 Posted : 30 May 2017 17:07:13(UTC)
Timnomads

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: PMPeter Go to Quoted Post
Once you have your digital decoder for the turntable go to Page 14 of the Keyboard screen of your CS2 and select turntable as the device you want to control. Both pages 14 and 15 are usually used for this function. You probably need to set up page 15 as well depending on how many spoke tracks and positions you want to control.

Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks for your response, Can you tell me how I actually control the turntable with the CS2, is there an icon on the layout screen, a seperate screen, is it like a locomotive ?

Tim
Offline PMPeter  
#4 Posted : 30 May 2017 18:00:32(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
You will see that once you setup page 14 of the keyboard to Turntable. All the buttons on that page will change to turntable controls for forward, reverse, go to track X, etc.
Offline Timnomads  
#5 Posted : 31 May 2017 08:51:50(UTC)
Timnomads

Switzerland   
You will see that once you setup page 14 of the keyboard to Turntable. All the buttons on that page will change to turntable controls for forward, reverse, go to track X, etc.

So when its all set up and I am running the layout where do I find the controls for the turn table ?
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 31 May 2017 13:33:31(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Timnomads Go to Quoted Post
So when its all set up and I am running the layout where do I find the controls for the turn table ?

I think you already have your answer.....

What Peter is saying is that the turntable controls are on page 14 (tab 14) of the keyboard control pages on your CS2. However, I think by default it is actually on page (tab) 15 of the keyboard control pages (address 225 is used). The 7687 decoder can also be set to address 209, which is on page 14 of the keyboard control pages - hence Peter's comment.

This previous form thread may also help.

https://www.marklin-user...-turnTable-7286-with-cs2
Offline PMPeter  
#7 Posted : 31 May 2017 15:36:33(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
I actually use the LDT TT-DEC decoder instead of the Marklin 7687, which is fully compatible. Their recommendation is to use addresses on Tab 14 and 15 of the CS2 (addresses 209-224 and 225-240) if you want to take full advantage of the 48 available track positions of the turntable in question. If on the other hand you want two turntables you can set up page 14 for one and page 15 for the other, but you will be limited with the available addresses for stub tracks for each.

I'm not sure if setting up page 15 only will work, but if that is what the 7687 instruction suggests then it should be fine.

So to answer the question asked, when you set up these pages you will see all the control buttons that can then be customized for your actual track positions. You would then control the turntable from these buttons the same as you would any switch, uncoupler, signal, etc. that you would control from the Keyboard section of the CS2.

Peter
Offline Timnomads  
#8 Posted : 08 October 2017 16:24:13(UTC)
Timnomads

Switzerland   
Dear All

I have now installed the marklin turntable and connected it to the CS2 controller. Programming was simple but now I am using it and am very disappointed with the power. The locos keep stopping on the spurs and even on the actual bridge with a lack of power. The actual turntable works fine but I am always having to give the locos a bit of a nudge, so then the power comes on and they move a little. Does anybody have an idea what could be causing the problem.
facts identified :-
1) Its with all locos
2) it effects all spurs some more than others
3) It effects the actual turning bridge.
4) Sometimes it works and then the same loco has a problem at the same point the next time.

Tim Confused

Offline PMPeter  
#9 Posted : 08 October 2017 19:26:16(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Dear All

I have now installed the marklin turntable and connected it to the CS2 controller. Programming was simple but now I am using it and am very disappointed with the power. The locos keep stopping on the spurs and even on the actual bridge with a lack of power. The actual turntable works fine but I am always having to give the locos a bit of a nudge, so then the power comes on and they move a little. Does anybody have an idea what could be causing the problem.
1) Its with all locos
4) Sometimes it works and then the same loco has a problem at the same point the next time.

Tim Confused

Tim,

The contacts from the bridge to the spur tracks are very flimsy and either make intermittent contact or cause shorts when the turntable turns. I isolate mine with heat shrink and power each spur track individually. That solves the spur track problem.

For the bridge itself make sure the centre pad and the 2 rails are very clean. I've had a similar problem, but not with every loco.

Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by PMPeter
Offline Drongo  
#10 Posted : 17 October 2017 23:18:35(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Dear All

1) Its with all locos

Tim Confused

Tim,

The contacts from the bridge to the spur tracks are very flimsy and either make intermittent contact or cause shorts when the turntable turns. I isolate mine with heat shrink and power each spur track individually. That solves the spur track problem.

For the bridge itself make sure the centre pad and the 2 rails are very clean. I've had a similar problem, but not with every loco.

Peter

Thanks Peter for the information regarding powering each individual spur. I also have this problem and I can see that this is a good way to overcome the problem. Love Love Love

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Drongo
Offline Ross  
#11 Posted : 18 October 2017 10:58:54(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hello Peter, Greg and All,

Re short circuits when the turntable is operating, please refer to post #5 https://www.marklin-user...31393-Fleishmann-6652-TT
Ross
Offline DaleSchultz  
#12 Posted : 18 October 2017 13:52:01(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
here is how I prevented the contacts from shorting out: https://cabin-layout.blo...-center-contacts-do.html
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DaleSchultz
Offline PMPeter  
#13 Posted : 18 October 2017 16:36:50(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Ross Go to Quoted Post
Hello Peter, Greg and All,

Re short circuits when the turntable is operating, please refer to post #5 https://www.marklin-user...31393-Fleishmann-6652-TT

Hi Ross,

Yes I was aware of this since that was your original response to me a few years ago. However, even with this modification the contacts were still flimsy and did not make contact with every spur track. This coupled with my use of the LDT TT decoder with bridge feedback required that I isolate one bridge rail anyway. Therefore, the most reliable option was to isolate both and provide a separate power feed to each spur. Now I have a reliable operation. Well worth the extra time and effort.

Cheers
Peter
Offline Timnomads  
#14 Posted : 19 January 2018 18:28:23(UTC)
Timnomads

Switzerland   
hi all
i would like to share an interesting resolution to the problem. l cleaned the bridge and spurs with nail polish remover and cotton wool, after noticing a grey smear on my finger. When i touched the flat piece between the rails on the bridge. now everything runs beautifully even down the spurs !
Tim BigGrin

Edited by user 20 January 2018 10:16:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Timnomads