Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline river6109  
#1 Posted : 23 May 2017 13:20:39(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Hi, I'm working on my ICN and not everything is ok, the sound is ok, the lights are ok, the cab light is ok, the instrument panel is ok (computer screen), the interior lights (led) , not ok, so I have to find out why some of the carriages are not responding to the wiring.

it will take me all day tomorrow to fix it or may be less time and than its time for a video.

the ICN has been completely rewired to accomodate an ESU sound decoder. I just couldn't fiddle around with the Plux22 connection, some had converted it to a esu lokpilot with an Plux22 adapter. but to follow all the different connections I've decided to start afresh.

I also changes some of the functions

Aux 1 interior lights for 7 coaches.
Aux 2 & 3 = cab interior light (front & rear)
Aux 4 & 5 = lit instrument panel (front & rear)
Aux 6 = dining car table lights.

Videos and pictures will follow

regards.,

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 24 May 2017 15:06:21(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
tonight I'm correcting the interior lights and here are a couple of pictures and a short video

restaurant car with table lights (left & right hand side)

interior lights 2.JPG

interior lights 1.JPG

cab light, instrument lights

interior lights 3.JPG

short video

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline mmervine  
#3 Posted : 26 May 2017 00:42:24(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
as usual...amazing work!
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mmervine
Offline jvuye  
#4 Posted : 26 May 2017 06:38:18(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Very cool stuff, as always John!
I have the same wonderful set , but haven't done any "improvement" so far.
From the info provided in the instruction sheets it looks like coaches lighting was fitted, but it never appeared to be working.
Is that what you experienced?
I have so far not attempted to open the coaches, can you just give us a hint how to do it without breaking anything?
Thanks!!
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#5 Posted : 26 May 2017 16:40:41(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Hi Jacques- I have one and don't think there is factory interior lighting? (AMAZING) set otherwise though!
SBB Era 2-5
Offline jvuye  
#6 Posted : 26 May 2017 19:40:22(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: 5HorizonsRR Go to Quoted Post
Hi Jacques- I have one and don't think there is factory interior lighting? (AMAZING) set otherwise though!

Yes I think that's the case with the 3 rail version.
It looks like from the sibylline instruction sheets that at least the 2-rail version had interior lights.

Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline White Buffalo  
#7 Posted : 26 May 2017 19:45:25(UTC)
White Buffalo

United States   
Excellent video &pics River6109......Drool
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by White Buffalo
Offline river6109  
#8 Posted : 29 May 2017 16:07:27(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Well, all you ICN owners, there is another hitch, my conversion from a Zimo decoder (Plux22) to an ESU 22 pin conversion pin sound decoder to an ESU V4 sound decoder.

One would think, all the different coloured wires are responding to all carriages.

What I've found so far: the motor car (middle car) and both driving cab cars are working fine), so this indicates my wiring from both driving cabs to the motor car (sound decoder + 21 Pin adapter plate) have been wired correctly and you would think that wiring in the other 4 carriages would be alike but no.

So what I have to do now is go through each wire from the driving cab car and find out what colour scheme the other carriages hold, I've examined 1 and found out that the orange colour wire (interior light) is used for the driving cab but the wire for the next carriage is yellow to respond to the same pin on the coupling (8 pin coupling).

this is bizarre, I've found the blue colour pin and this responds to all carriages to be the same, the marker lights do not respond to the pin but the front light does.

the cab interior light responds but the instrument panel doesn't.

what is very frustrating is, I have to find a bare wire or soldering point to establish which wire and which pin it belongs to.

I've done many conversions but never came across anything like this.
the couplings are male and female and there are 8 wires attached to it, you can roughly recognize the wires pin position but there is nor guarantee and one has to be sure they are the right pins and wires.
its such a beautiful set and especially with sound, the design and I also bought the extension set.

It took me a while to understand and figure out what has happened. one always quickly blames one self for not doing it right and one is trying to find a fault by connecting the wrong wire to the wrong pin.

at least I've found the culprit and now its just time to get it all rewired.

Why one (from factory) use the same coupling wire scheme from the motor car (decoder) and the driving cab but changes the wiring scheme in the other carriages.

first I thought they may have connected the coupling harness the wrong way but this theory went out the window because the harness can only be fitted one way, either male or female.
the 8 pin coupling consists of 2 rows (2 x 4 pins or sockets) and the coloured wires are: black, grey, white, red, orange, green, blue and yellow.
an other odd experience was one 1 side of the train consist the interior lights worked but not on the other side.

my ICN basic set is AC but the extension set is DC which doesn't make any difference so far the interior lights are concerned.

the following wires respond to: black wire = rail, blue wire lights, green wire = instrument panel, grey wire = cab interior light, white wire = front light, yellow wire = marker lights, orange wire = interior lights, red wire = pantograph,
the bonus was the dining car is the motor car (decoder) so I don't need an extra pin for the dining car.

hopefully I'll have it all sorted out by the end of the week.

John
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline mike c  
#9 Posted : 30 May 2017 07:35:11(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
As far as the wires, I believe that the wiring is different between the AC and DC version of the trainset. This is due to the need for the relay for current collection from the lead slider and other differences.
I don't know for example, whether the DC version collects the plus and minus poles from multiple cars or not.

Out of curiosity, if I was to make any changes to my ICNs, the first thing that I would want to do would be to replace the headlight LEDs with brighter ones, as the illumination is poor on the ones that came with the model. Did you make any changes to the headlights or are they still as delivered?

The cab control lighting looks nice in the photo.

I am expecting Roco at some point to release a new model of the trainset in the new livery with the modified colours and the Pleitegeier on the nose:
http://www.railpictures.net/photo/610147/
The Restaurant coach only has a red band on the Restaurant part of the coach, the first class coaches have the yellow section like the EC and EWIV coaches and the second class coaches no longer have the green section of the window band.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline river6109  
#10 Posted : 30 May 2017 12:25:52(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Mike, I hope the next one will be the Re 610.

no I didn't change the leds, as yet, they have a poor lightstream.
Mike with the wiring it is odd, because the AC version (basic set) I'm having trouble with the color coding in relation to the pins, DC complimentary set seems to be the same.

JOhn
Offline mike c  
#11 Posted : 31 May 2017 05:39:54(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I have both the 69151/69152 and the 69154/69155 and have not noticed any issues other than the strange sound when F7 is activated. I am told that is some kind of relay.
I am operating both trainsets with the OEM Zimo decoder. Neither trainset has had lighting installed, so I have not opened the coaches and checked the wiring.

Are you having wiring issues with the basic 5 coach set or in combination with the two add-on coaches? I know that there are differences other than the insulated wheelsets between the add-on coach sets.

You refer to the Re 610. Are you referring to the ETR 610 aka RABe 503? I have that model from Lima Expert. I had the model converted to AC Digital by Suter Meggen. They installed a Brawa slider and ESU decoder and did all the rewiring for me. I just got the add-on coaches a few weeks ago.

I am still waiting to see if ACME releases a model. If it is higher quality, I may replace the Lima model when it comes out.

Right now I am waiting to see who will be the one to make a model of the Stadler RABe 501 Giruno. I hope that it will be top quality. If Stadler finds international buyers for the design and once the trains are running to Stuttgart, Frankfurt and potentially even Hamburg, it will be more attractive to some companies.

Regards

Mike C
Offline PeFu  
#12 Posted : 05 June 2017 14:23:23(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
I used to be an Era <4 fan, but the ICN train is my absolute favourite right now! Cool I purchased the Roco 69154 as used from Germany, and a previous owner must have installed the interior lights. Not as ambitious as John's installation, however, I'm happy that there are two interior light circuits. BigGrin

Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu