Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline sbb_fan  
#1 Posted : 10 May 2017 18:07:16(UTC)
sbb_fan

India   
Hello Experts,

I am trying to switch from analog set-up to a digital one.
I bought a new locomotive - 37200 along with control unit - 60657. This runs fine and is really a lot of fun Love

However, I failed to make the locomotive - 36607 (MM2) work with my control unit (60657). When I try to find this locomotive or add it manually, the headlamps blink but the locomotive doesn't run at all Mad

Please help me with some valuable inputs here!

Thank you & Best Regards!
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 10 May 2017 20:20:02(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Welcome to the forum.

Originally Posted by: sbb_fan Go to Quoted Post
When I try to find this locomotive or add it manually, the headlamps blink but the locomotive doesn't run at all
Lights should not blink when you add it manually.
Add it with address 24 (using MM programmable as decoder type). If that does not work, change address to any value other than 24 - maybe try 25. Now the lights should blink - and loco should work when the blinking is over.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline sbb_fan  
#3 Posted : 11 May 2017 19:14:32(UTC)
sbb_fan

India   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
Welcome to the forum.

When I try to find this locomotive or add it manually, the headlamps blink but the locomotive doesn't run at all
Lights should not blink when you add it manually.
Add it with address 24 (using MM programmable as decoder type). If that does not work, change address to any value other than 24 - maybe try 25. Now the lights should blink - and loco should work when the blinking is over.

Hello Tom,

First of all many thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately I still couldn't make this work. I tried to follow your steps. Please have a look at the snapshots.

Thanks again & Best Regards!

20170511_220842.jpg20170511_220827.jpg20170511_221002.jpg
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 11 May 2017 19:59:41(UTC)
H0

This could be a case for the "First loco at bottom of the screen has to be an MM loco" advice.

See description here:
http://blog.mailez.de/eb...n-with-mobile-station-2/
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline sbb_fan  
#5 Posted : 15 May 2017 16:28:14(UTC)
sbb_fan

India   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
This could be a case for the "First loco at bottom of the screen has to be an MM loco" advice.

See description here:
http://blog.mailez.de/eb...n-with-mobile-station-2/

Hello Tom,

Thanks again for your help!

Unfortunately I couldn't manage to make it work. The blog looks relevant, but the problem is that I have only 1 MM loco. Rest are DCC...so it doesn't work at all. May be I need to visit some expert store (which is very far away from me) :(

Best Regards!
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 15 May 2017 17:18:17(UTC)
H0

The blog looks relevant, but the problem is that I have only 1 MM loco. Rest are DCC...so it doesn't work at all.
I fail to see the problem.
You have 1 MM loco - and you can easily make sure that loco is on the first position at the bottom of the screen (if it isn't there already).
You mention loco 37200 which is not DCC.

I have experienced problems with mfx locos in the first slot, I have experienced problems with DCC locos in the first slot.
Worth a try and only takes two minutes.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline sbb_fan  
#7 Posted : 16 May 2017 09:16:24(UTC)
sbb_fan

India   
Hello Tom,

Actually I had tried it. Today I removed all other locomotives and tried to add only the MM loco (36607).
I added it manually, it didn't work (tried to play around a bit with address, etc.). Then I removed it and started all over. This time I added it from DB (by searching for 36607), but unfortunately it still didn't work. All the time the lights kept blinking whenever I changed any setting for the loco. Confused

Thanks a lot for your help & Best Regards!

Offline Harryv40  
#8 Posted : 17 May 2017 21:57:10(UTC)
Harryv40

United Kingdom   
Hi try this!

Reset the control unit to the factory settings by using the menu, this should result in the unit showing german language on the screen, it will also wipe all the locos from the memory. This is important because it clears the memory.

Then switch off and ten on the power
Next change the controller language to English?
Next place the 36607 on the track and tell it to search for a loco, if it's does not work don't worry, try it again!

Hopefully this should allow the loco to be found!

Good Luck

Harry
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Harryv40
Offline sbb_fan  
#9 Posted : 18 May 2017 18:40:42(UTC)
sbb_fan

India   
A BIG THANKS TO BOTH HARRY AND TOM!!! BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

My loco works!!!!!! I had to try 3 times but finally it worked!!!!!

I think as Tom had suggested earlier to place loco in 1st position, I didn't do it properly (as I had not done a factory reset but just removed previous locomotives). So a combined solution from both of you did the trick!!!

So my THANKS to both of you!!!

Best Regards!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sbb_fan
Offline Harryv40  
#10 Posted : 18 May 2017 21:36:08(UTC)
Harryv40

United Kingdom   
Hi that's great news!
I'm just glad it worked!!

Harry
Offline H0  
#11 Posted : 19 May 2017 09:47:49(UTC)
H0

as I had not done a factory reset but just removed previous locomotives
If it was the problem addressed in the blog post then you do not have to do a reset and you don't have to remove all locos.
Just select an MM loco into the first slot and then disconnect the power supply for 10 seconds or so.
Then the MS2 will boot with an MM loco in the first slot and everything should be OK.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage