Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Donb  
#1 Posted : 12 April 2017 21:38:37(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
Hi,

I have a 26506 Rheingold set, and the baggage car marker lights don't function, and never have to my recollection.
I have looked on the underside of the car but there are no screws, only a couple of metal tabs along the sides that bend into the chassis.
It takes quite a but of force to 'bend ' the sidewalls so that the tabs slide out, so i dont want to go any further without some confirmation that this is the correct way to disassemble the car.

Best Regards,
Don
___________________________________________________________________________________
CS3, ( Commander is now retired) , C track and Z scale, mostly DB/DR and SBB, SJ
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Donb
Offline Donb  
#2 Posted : 12 April 2017 21:51:22(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
Next time I post a photo, it will be 640x480 max. Sorry about that. First time.
Best Regards,
Don
___________________________________________________________________________________
CS3, ( Commander is now retired) , C track and Z scale, mostly DB/DR and SBB, SJ
Offline Crazy Harry  
#3 Posted : 12 April 2017 22:39:24(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
Not sure if this is the same set of cars you have, but check this manual: 41928RheingoldManual.pdf (2,347kb) downloaded 39 time(s).

It was found here: 41928 under Manuals.

Hope this helps,

Harold.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Crazy Harry
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 12 April 2017 23:00:11(UTC)
H0

41928 is the new plastic Rheingold, 26506 is the old tin-plate Rheingold.

With the tin-plate coaches you have to bend some of those metal tabs to open the cars.
They were not meant to be opened and I heard those metal tabs can break off, so be careful.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Donb  
#5 Posted : 12 April 2017 23:14:35(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
41928 is the new plastic Rheingold, 26506 is the old tin-plate Rheingold.

With the tin-plate coaches you have to bend some of those metal tabs to open the cars.
They were not meant to be opened and I heard those metal tabs can break off, so be careful.

I certainly do not want to damage anything, and as the interior lights still function, maybe I'll just leave it alone.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Don
Offline franciscohg  
#6 Posted : 12 April 2017 23:48:36(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Don, i do have those cars, and i also do burnt one of the red leds once....it was not a very difficult task to replace them, just bend the tabs carefully and you will be able to check the circuit completely and replace the needed parts.
Best regards
Francisco
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline DTaylor91  
#7 Posted : 14 April 2017 09:18:06(UTC)
DTaylor91

The roof of those cars is removable, carefully use your fingernails to work around the edge of the roof and gradually lift it free. It snaps back into place (I have the same set). Getting to the LEDs may be easier from the top than trying to remove the bottom. I did disassemble the baggage car that carries the markers once, but it has been a long time since I've done so. I do remember it not being an operation for the faint of heart...
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by DTaylor91
Offline Donb  
#8 Posted : 15 April 2017 06:00:12(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
Originally Posted by: DTaylor91 Go to Quoted Post
The roof of those cars is removable, carefully use your fingernails to work around the edge of the roof and gradually lift it free. It snaps back into place (I have the same set). Getting to the LEDs may be easier from the top than trying to remove the bottom. I did disassemble the baggage car that carries the markers once, but it has been a long time since I've done so. I do remember it not being an operation for the faint of heart...

The roof did just pop right off, great access to the LEDs.
Im getting 16v right up the the LEDs, so new LEDs required.
Ill call my dealer next week, hopefully he has some.

Thanks very much for this tip! Very helpfull!

Best Regards,
Don
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Donb
Offline Markus Schild  
#9 Posted : 15 April 2017 10:13:48(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi Don,

The compete LED - panel is still available from Märklin. But it's not cheap: https://www.maerklinshop...0/red-led-panel-for-4228

Regards

Markus
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Markus Schild
Offline Donb  
#10 Posted : 15 April 2017 17:20:20(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Markus Schild Go to Quoted Post
Hi Don,

The compete LED - panel is still available from Märklin. But it's not cheap: https://www.maerklinshop...0/red-led-panel-for-4228

Regards

Markus

Thanks Markus, thats terrific!BigGrin

Best Regards,
Don