Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline looze2208  
#1 Posted : 21 March 2017 18:00:17(UTC)
looze2208

Canada   
Hi, I want to install 73401 in a number of coaches connected with the 7319 short couplers. I don't want to install a pickup shoe in every coach so I have to connect the 73401 to the plate in each wagon. The 73401 has square male and female connectors and I am looking for those. I have contacted Marklin but had no response (yet). Is there someone out there who knows where I can buy the square plugsLight plug.jpg I have attached a picture of the plugs on the 73401. Thanks, Arnold
Offline GlennM  
#2 Posted : 22 March 2017 14:46:13(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: looze2208 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I want to install 73401 in a number of coaches connected with the 7319 short couplers. I don't want to install a pickup shoe in every coach so I have to connect the 73401 to the plate in each wagon. The 73401 has square male and female connectors and I am looking for those. I have contacted Marklin but had no response (yet). Is there someone out there who knows where I can buy the square plugsLight plug.jpg I have attached a picture of the plugs on the 73401. Thanks, Arnold

I am not aware that the male and female plugs from the light boards are available separately from Marklin, but I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I was my understanding that current conducting close coupling drawbars 7319 and close conducting couplers 72021 came with the wires that need to be soldered direct to the light board to allow current flow.

I attach the instructions for the 7319 (I assume you already have them for the 73401) which details the connecting wire on page 7

There are some very good threads on this Forum about interior lighting, alternatives to Marklin and installation advice, such as;

https://www.marklin-users.net/fo...on----ESU-vs-Marklin-OEM

https://www.marklin-users.net/fo...assenger-Cars#post524883

https://www.marklin-users.net/fo...olino-BR-610--37761.aspx

https://www.marklin-users.net/fo...gital-LED-lighting-strip

BR

Installation instructions for drawbar couplings 7319.pdf (4,585kb) downloaded 18 time(s).

Post Edit: Now I am back home and checked the catalogue the 7319 does not come with the wires themselves, just the fittings you need to supply the wire between the terminal clip (Marklin terminology) and the lighting unit. Further to Robert's comment below the set 72020 also does not include the wires.

Edited by user 22 March 2017 19:48:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Offline Robert Davies  
#3 Posted : 22 March 2017 16:38:08(UTC)
Robert Davies

United Kingdom   
The 72021 kit doesn't need any soldering as it comes with the wires from the pickup shoe and/or conducting coupler terminated individual sleeves that you push over the pins on the lighting board. However it does not contain the full female connector for all four pins. The 72020 does not appear to come with any wires, so you will presumably have to supply your own and soldering will be necessary unless you crimp on your own flat connector.
Robert
Era III - IV
2 x Central Station 2 v.2 (60214 + 60215)
Hardware versions 3.6 / 4.33
Software version 4.2.1 (0)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Robert Davies