Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Nielsenr  
#1 Posted : 07 March 2017 16:59:18(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
I recently acquired some MTH Premier O Gauge locos on sale. I plan to use my CS2 using boosters (to protect the CS2) and run them in DCC. My Marklin 60055 and 60065 power supplies work, but the amperage is a little low. I know I can use a Marklin 60101 5 amp power supply, but then I will need to use a converter to use on the 120v power here in the USA. Has anybody used a different 120v power supply that works with the CS2 that I can avoid using a converter? Marklin likes to talk about using the CS2 to run LGB or Marklin Gauge 1 locos but they don't offer a 5 amp 120v power supply.

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated ...

Robert
Offline blid  
#2 Posted : 07 March 2017 19:17:41(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
Maybe the LDT booster DB-4 with its power supply is worth looking at (120VA; 110V - 240V, 50/60Hz). http://www.ldt-infocente...wiki/doku.php?id=en:db-4

I have 230V and use Marklin 60101 for OneGauge and LGB 50110 for DCS OneGauge or O Gauge (MTH Premier like you).
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 08 March 2017 15:53:28(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Nielsenr Go to Quoted Post
I recently acquired some MTH Premier O Gauge locos on sale. I plan to use my CS2 using boosters (to protect the CS2) and run them in DCC. My Marklin 60055 and 60065 power supplies work, but the amperage is a little low. I know I can use a Marklin 60101 5 amp power supply, but then I will need to use a converter to use on the 120v power here in the USA. Has anybody used a different 120v power supply that works with the CS2 that I can avoid using a converter? Marklin likes to talk about using the CS2 to run LGB or Marklin Gauge 1 locos but they don't offer a 5 amp 120v power supply.

Robert

I would expect the 60101 to provide full power output on 120V, anyone who doesn't build wide input switchmode power supplies is looking for low profits these days. The reason they rate it at 230V only is because it has a european plug on it.

I would certainly try it, I don't believe you will damage the power supply by doing so.

Offline Nielsenr  
#4 Posted : 08 March 2017 22:16:56(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
Originally Posted by: blid Go to Quoted Post
Maybe the LDT booster DB-4 with its power supply is worth looking at (120VA; 110V - 240V, 50/60Hz). http://www.ldt-infocente...wiki/doku.php?id=en:db-4
/quote]

Thanks for the idea. I already have Marklin boosters and was hoping somebody had used a different power supply that worked on US 120v.

It would probably be cheaper to just buy the 60101 and a voltage converter.

Robert
Offline Nielsenr  
#5 Posted : 08 March 2017 22:19:51(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Nielsenr Go to Quoted Post

Robert

I would expect the 60101 to provide full power output on 120V, anyone who doesn't build wide input switchmode power supplies is looking for low profits these days. The reason they rate it at 230V only is because it has a european plug on it.

I would certainly try it, I don't believe you will damage the power supply by doing so.

It is something to try, but I would have thought someone would have tried that already. Of course if it didn't work, I wold just need to buy the voltage converter ...

Thanks for the reply ...

Robert