Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline sjbartels  
#1 Posted : 19 February 2017 06:37:00(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
Howdy all

I am trying to determine whether this piece has a stand alone model number, or was only released as part of sets. We all know the good old 4423, that brown low sided gondola that comes with most every start up set, then the yellow version, the 4471. My question is, I have several dark grey versions that came in starter sets but was wondering, did Marklin ever release it as a stand alone model number? If so, anyone know what it is?

Oh and as a clarification as a wade through the Kolls catalogue, I don't mean the Dutch 4433.. this is a DB marked piece.

Thanks
American by Geography, Australian by Birth. I am an original Ameristraylian
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 19 February 2017 18:22:42(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
This site is good for products released prior to 2005: http://www.bahn.hfkern.d...aerklin_Wagen/Menue.html

Many times, a model may have been made by Maerklin, with variants included in start sets, as Primex models or as Trix models (post acquisition).

Have you tried Googling the car number (not model number) and either Marklin or Maerklin?

A quick search showed a grey model with the same car number 20 80 323 1 791-8 and markings as 4423 referred to as a 4423. This is likely a model from a Start Set or from a separate model, e.g. the flatcar that comes with a crane car or construction train.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/M...op-Zustand-/141916132621

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline sjbartels  
#3 Posted : 19 February 2017 22:05:12(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
This site is good for products released prior to 2005: http://www.bahn.hfkern.d...aerklin_Wagen/Menue.html

Many times, a model may have been made by Maerklin, with variants included in start sets, as Primex models or as Trix models (post acquisition).

Have you tried Googling the car number (not model number) and either Marklin or Maerklin?

A quick search showed a grey model with the same car number 20 80 323 1 791-8 and markings as 4423 referred to as a 4423. This is likely a model from a Start Set or from a separate model, e.g. the flatcar that comes with a crane car or construction train.

Regards

Mike C

It is from a starter set, I was just curious whether it had also been released under it's own model number, much like the yellow short side flat bed car (4471) that also appeared in starter sets. I did try googling it and came up with nothing prior to posting this here. My suspicion was no at that time, but thought I'd at least inquire and see what came up
Offline RayF  
#4 Posted : 20 February 2017 09:39:36(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
It was produced in grey as 94162 as a special only available in some shops. It carries a load of cable drums.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline cookee_nz  
#5 Posted : 20 February 2017 09:39:59(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: sjbartels Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post

Regards

Mike C

It is from a starter set, I was just curious whether it had also been released under it's own model number, much like the yellow short side flat bed car (4471) that also appeared in starter sets. I did try googling it and came up with nothing prior to posting this here. My suspicion was no at that time, but thought I'd at least inquire and see what came up

The coloured flat-cars are rather cool, I found a Green one once but gave it to a friend that also collected them, wish I'd kept it now. I have two of the Yellow ones, got them at the museum shop back in '07

Might have to drop a hint sometime
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline sjbartels  
#6 Posted : 20 February 2017 17:56:32(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post

The coloured flat-cars are rather cool, I found a Green one once but gave it to a friend that also collected them, wish I'd kept it now. I have two of the Yellow ones, got them at the museum shop back in '07

Might have to drop a hint sometime

I think they are as well, so thought I'd start a little digging