Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Sang Joon Oh  
#1 Posted : 09 February 2017 14:29:34(UTC)
Sang Joon Oh

Hello...

I use CS2, C track, AC rails.

I want to make program like this.
For example, there is one station in layout.
When train arrives at station every time, train whistles.
The point that I want to make sure that
if the only arriving train whistles not the other trains
on the rail.

But there is a problem.
if I program that the train1 whistles when it passes over
the circuit track around station, the train1 also could whistle
in other place if train2 also passes over the circuit track.

How can I solve this problem?

Regards.
Offline siroljuk  
#2 Posted : 09 February 2017 15:56:42(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello.

With CS2 you cannot identify automatically loco when it runs on the layout. CS2 can only do programmed maneuvers when it detects the S88 launch. hat kind of programming is in CS2 Route Programming. There is possibility to make conditional maneuvers also.

I have made some kind of work around by making few manual s88 circuits with simple manual switches. ( I have called those circuits as FLAGS in my previous posts).

At the moment I have done eight switch for L88 direct contacts

It works like this:

Contact 8 is the contact that triggers whistle. Manual contact 2 is, let's say, for loco ALEX. You program short route where the loco ALEX should use HORN when contact 2 is on( when route gets tho command to start). When ALEX goes over contact 8 and contact 2 in ON, loco plays HORN. If contact 2 is OFF nothing happens.

In this example I suppose that you want to play loco's horn. Of course you can use this kind of logic playing CS2's sounds if you want.

I hope this might help you

Regards

Jukka
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline klarinettmeister  
#3 Posted : 10 February 2017 19:46:00(UTC)
klarinettmeister

Sweden   
That's a very good idea. I've been trying to use 7244 in Conjunction with a K83 decoder but you could use a M84 instead. Then you could connect them in chains so to speak.

Let's say you have train 1 leaving it's track from a shadow station and activates M84 via S88-1 so that the signal from the contact track at the station will activate S88-2 thus sound the horn on train 1.
When loc 1 arrives at its track in the shadow station loc 2 will departure and switch the M84 via S88-3 and this will make the contact track in front of the station activate S88-4 and activates it's horn.
If you have more trains on the same track it will be much harder and you could chain one extra M84 contact for each additional train, ie. 5 trains need 4 M84 double outputs.

A huge disadvantage is that you could only have one train on the same station track and the same shadow station track.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by klarinettmeister
Offline eroncelli  
#4 Posted : 14 February 2017 11:25:47(UTC)
eroncelli

Italy   
Or simply move to a dedicated software running on a PC and you can activate whatever sound, light, route etc: RocRail is an example, just to name one.
Offline sjlauritsen  
#5 Posted : 14 February 2017 16:46:08(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: eroncelli Go to Quoted Post
Or simply move to a dedicated software running on a PC and you can activate whatever sound, light, route etc: RocRail is an example, just to name one.

I am not sure that it is for everybody. Often the software solution is all or nothing. Either the software controls the entire layout or it does not control anything at all. When there is no train recognition in place the software will need to know every move that is made on the layout. The software cannot know that if you just take a Mobile Station and move the loco around. I want that option for my layout, so software control is not for me.

IMO the only true way to make this work is with RailCom or a similar solution. That would of course require a RailCom enabled command station (like the ECoS). AFAIK there is currently no option to have that with the Märklin Central Station. Unfortunately, because it would be nice.

I think Jukka's idea is pretty neat and an interesting concept. I use a similar idea where I store bits using an M84 (or similar decoder) and a S88 module. That way I can save progress in the automation and have the layout change its behaviour accordingly. It would be nice if the CS had software based contacts that could be turned on and off and have their status read. I believe that the ECoS has something like this. It would make a lot of things possible.
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
Offline eroncelli  
#6 Posted : 15 February 2017 12:49:57(UTC)
eroncelli

Italy   
That's not completely true and I explain why.
If you want to run your trains "randomly", i.e. by a manual control, then you need something that can recognize the train in some "dedicated" spots and the solution is, for instance, an RFID system.
Then, on an RFID event, you want some action taken by the CS: presently there is the solution to both questions and it is RocRail (maybe other SW con do).

Whatever the solution, you need a SW, running on a PC or on a CS (that is again a computer).

Consider that RR doesn't need an actual CS: it's simpler if we connect our lay-out through a CS, as we are very comfortable with it, but not strictly necessary.
Offline Minok  
#7 Posted : 15 February 2017 22:33:10(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: sjlauritsen Go to Quoted Post
The software cannot know that if you just take a Mobile Station and move the loco around. I want that option for my layout, so software control is not for me.

One solution to that (I'm told - as I've not yet implemented it myself) is that the computer software control system has a module/interface that lets you manually control trains on the layout through that interface - so say, a mobile phone displays a manual control panel, or you have a dedicated controller that interfaces via the software. Then the software is aware of your manual maneuvers and can adjust the automatic operations around your manual operations.

Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline siroljuk  
#8 Posted : 16 February 2017 08:29:34(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello.

With CS2 you can do S88 based conditional maneuvers but not for certain individual locos without "using Flags". Because there is no way to identify loco at certain point on layout using only CS2.

Then I got CS3 Plus and I was hoping that there might be new feature for controlling locos using somehow S88 and devices which are available. BUT NO Crying Crying

When Märklin released their English version of CS3 there is one picture:

in which there is a switch; look at the upper left corner of the picture.

I use the latest official program version of CS3 Plus:

and at the moment I cannot get this switch by any meas for use. But with earlier version ( BETa-versions which Märklin provided earlier) I found that switch from my CS3 and when I tried to use it the main program of CS3 Plus stopped to work properly.
At that time I studied all tiny detailed of CS3 Plus and one odd thing remains in my mind:

Look the picture bellow:

There is new device called "Kontrolling contacts"

Perhaps Märklin have new device coming for use for that switch.ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp I hope that they publish their ideas soon.

I have sent two quite log e-mails to Märklin service asking help and information considering above mentioned switch and "new device" but they have not answered yet.

Anyway I hope and believe that in some day this will happenBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Then I'll be happy

One thing more:

I have now used CS3 Plus heavily and it works most of the time good. There are bugs in the main program but rebooting device every now and then it works fine.

Have Fun with your Rolling Stock

Jukka