Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Ausipeet  
#1 Posted : 06 February 2017 23:01:51(UTC)
Ausipeet

Australia   
Hello wide world of Marklin fans, i am hopping some one here can assist me with either information or directions to find out or obtain information in regard to the process of attending the Marklin weekend in September this year.
I have sent of three emails in the last five weeks to Marklin in Germany thru the Marklin website asking for information and directions as to how and where to book for the weekend and for the factory tour.
Still not having received a reply from them i rang Marklin direct last night my time and spoke to a receptionist who's English was not all that good and was informed by her that No one does not need to book or purchase tickets in advance for the marklin museum or factory tour and that they are both free entry??????? yet i clearly recall several people who have been to these events both saying book and purchase your tickets as early as possible as the tours are very busy and there is a long waiting line when you arrive at the tour, museum.
So if any one can clear up this issue and perhaps direct me to the right location on the Marklin website where i can book my tickets i will be very thankfull.

Many thanks and may the trains proof that resistance is futile.
Peter
Marklin Model Railway club of South Australia.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Ausipeet
Offline mrmarklin  
#2 Posted : 06 February 2017 23:30:34(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: Ausipeet Go to Quoted Post
Hello wide world of Marklin fans, i am hopping some one here can assist me with either information or directions to find out or obtain information in regard to the process of attending the Marklin weekend in September this year.
I have sent of three emails in the last five weeks to Marklin in Germany thru the Marklin website asking for information and directions as to how and where to book for the weekend and for the factory tour.
Still not having received a reply from them i rang Marklin direct last night my time and spoke to a receptionist who's English was not all that good and was informed by her that No one does not need to book or purchase tickets in advance for the marklin museum or factory tour and that they are both free entry??????? yet i clearly recall several people who have been to these events both saying book and purchase your tickets as early as possible as the tours are very busy and there is a long waiting line when you arrive at the tour, museum.
So if any one can clear up this issue and perhaps direct me to the right location on the Marklin website where i can book my tickets i will be very thankfull.

Many thanks and may the trains proof that resistance is futile.
Peter
Marklin Model Railway club of South Australia.

Booking for the Treff itself is as simple as signing up on the day of the event. Three day passes are available and there are several places in Goeppingen to buy them. This includes admissions to all events and the museum.
There is no certainty that a factory tour will be available this year, but I think it likely because Marklin sells a specialty car and why pass up an extra sale? There are no long lines for the tour in my recollection of the last two, and entrance is free with Treff admission.

The difficult booking will be a hotel in Goeppingen itself if you want to stay in town.Blink
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline Ausipeet  
#3 Posted : 07 February 2017 00:12:57(UTC)
Ausipeet

Australia   
Many thanks Mrmarklin this helps now all i have to do is to make sure i can get a three day pass well in advance if that is possible, as fr accommodation i will be staying in Stuttgart for the time i am wanting to be there so am not to worried about hotels, as i have already booked accommodation through AirBnB much cheaper then Hotels and larger choice of availability.

Many thanks
Peter
Offline mrmarklin  
#4 Posted : 07 February 2017 00:30:11(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Many thanks Mrmarklin this helps now all i have to do is to make sure i can get a three day pass well in advance if that is possible, as fr accommodation i will be staying in Stuttgart for the time i am wanting to be there so am not to worried about hotels, as i have already booked accommodation through AirBnB much cheaper then Hotels and larger choice of availability.

Many thanks
Peter

Hi Peter,

You really don't need to buy in advance. You can purchase day of Treff.

Dave Pryor
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 07 February 2017 14:08:54(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mrmarklin Go to Quoted Post

Many thanks
Peter

Hi Peter,

You really don't need to buy in advance. You can purchase day of Treff.

Dave Pryor

Not only that, but if you have an Insider or profi Club or LGB Club membership, take yur card with you to get a discount on the entry fee.

There was another thread on this forum with some advice in this post on using trains to get to Goppingin ... bu the rest of the thread is worth reading as well.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline HO Collector  
#6 Posted : 12 February 2017 21:47:31(UTC)
HO Collector

United Kingdom   
When will it take place?

Thanks
Offline Ausipeet  
#7 Posted : 12 February 2017 22:42:59(UTC)
Ausipeet

Australia   
September the 15th, 16th and 17th i believe, these being the Friday Saturday and Sunday.
Offline HO Collector  
#8 Posted : 17 February 2017 17:22:28(UTC)
HO Collector

United Kingdom   
Thanks very much, I hope that I am free that weekend.
Offline HO Collector  
#9 Posted : 26 February 2017 00:04:24(UTC)
HO Collector

United Kingdom   
Just been on the Marklin site and its says 18-20/9 which is Monday to Wednesday. Does it make any sense?
Offline manou  
#10 Posted : 26 February 2017 00:17:33(UTC)
manou

Greece   
Originally Posted by: HO Collector Go to Quoted Post
Just been on the Marklin site and its says 18-20/9 which is Monday to Wednesday. Does it make any sense?

I believe its forgotten from 2015. OhMyGod
Best Regards
Yannis
Offline Western Pacific  
#11 Posted : 26 February 2017 13:22:13(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: manou Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HO Collector Go to Quoted Post

I believe its forgotten from 2015. OhMyGod

I guess so or that only the German language site is updated. See this link and scroll down to "September-Termin vormerken" and although it is in German I guess everybody can get the dates. (The dot after 15 and 17 is the German way of writing "15th" and "17th" respectively and the "bis" meaning "to" in English. Finally, September is clearly easy to understand even if you don't read German BigGrin ).
Offline HO Collector  
#12 Posted : 01 March 2017 22:30:55(UTC)
HO Collector

United Kingdom   
Thank you. Might be there with a friend who has a large gauge 1 layout in his garden.