Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Johnvr  
#1 Posted : 06 February 2017 21:07:58(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Hi all,

This post is my 1,000 posting on Marklin-users.net BigGrinBigGrin

Ok, I'm still a minnow compared to some regular posters ! But it's an opportunity to say "thank you" to the excellent Webmaster and Moderators, to the many people who have contributed to this forum and make it so interesting, to those who have shared my "Matterhorn" layout threads over the six years that I have been a member, and to those who have shared their knowledge and photos of so many interesting layouts.

I have been fortunate to have visited the magnificent layout Marklinistanbul and was entertained by Mehmet, I was also fortunate to visit the pride of Scotland BW and was entertained by Ian555, and I hosted the interesting Mmervine at my house in the early days of delta decoders. I have booked flights to visit Perth next month and hope to meet up with River6109 for a session together. It always interesting to meet up with international people and find that they have the same interest as you ! In Cape Town, we have maintained a Marklin circle of friends including forum members Joe and Chris and others and keep the Marklin chatter going on a regular basis.

I can honestly say that my current layout "Matterhorn III" incorporates many ideas and suggestions which I have gained from this forum. From SCARM to Braking Delays to Decoder Installations to Central Stations. So this is a tribute to all of those ideas and contributions from everybody on the forum.

Oh, and I found that Webmaster and I both have a keen interest in Guitar-playing (NMR) !

Many thanks, and I look forward to many more years !

Regards,BigGrin
John

thanks 24 users liked this useful post by Johnvr
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 06 February 2017 23:49:00(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Well, if you're visiting the West Island it's only a quick hop over to the Main Islands where there are plenty of Marklin nuts inhabiting the country.

BTW, Congrats on the 1000 posts!

Edited by user 07 February 2017 05:13:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified