Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Donb  
#1 Posted : 06 February 2017 06:22:01(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
I have the new MS 2 60657 and 60116 connector box, and quite frequently, at least once per running session, the screen will go off and then turn on again, all while the trains keep running. The only problem is the headlight indicator turns off, but the headlights on all running locos are on.
Is this a known quirk with this controller? I am thinking it is resetting itself for some reason?

Don
Best Regards,
Don
___________________________________________________________________________________
CS3, ( Commander is now retired) , C track and Z scale, mostly DB/DR and SBB, SJ
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 06 February 2017 06:37:13(UTC)
H0

Hi, Don!
Originally Posted by: Donb Go to Quoted Post
I am thinking it is resetting itself for some reason?
Does it show the Märklin logo when it comes back?

The track box should switch off in case of overload before the power supply switches off.
If with your set the power supply (which one?) switches off before the track box then the MS2 will reboot. This is not the expected behaviour.

Do the trains keep running all the time? Or is there at least a short stop?

Did you try the MS2 in both sockets of the track box?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Donb  
#3 Posted : 06 February 2017 19:02:07(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, Don!
I am thinking it is resetting itself for some reason?
Does it show the Märklin logo when it comes back?

The track box should switch off in case of overload before the power supply switches off.
If with your set the power supply (which one?) switches off before the track box then the MS2 will reboot. This is not the expected behaviour.

Do the trains keep running all the time? Or is there at least a short stop?

Did you try the MS2 in both sockets of the track box?

Hi Tom,

Yes the Marklin logo appears during reboot.
My power supply is 60055.
The trains (3 locos) keep running smoothly through the reboot, no stopping, which seems strange.
I'll try the other socket on the track box tonite and report back.

I did not have this issue with the previous 60652 MS and 24088.

Don
Best Regards,
Don
___________________________________________________________________________________
CS3, ( Commander is now retired) , C track and Z scale, mostly DB/DR and SBB, SJ
Offline RayF  
#4 Posted : 06 February 2017 19:27:44(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I've had similar behaviour when there is not a good contact between the MS2 plug and the track box. This can be caused by some dirt or oxidation on the pins or on the socket. Re-seating the plug a few time might clear it.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline Donb  
#5 Posted : 07 February 2017 17:56:46(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
I changed the MS2 plug to the 2nd socket (right) in the connector box and didn't experience a reset.
I will continue to monitor this, but its encouraging. I'll switch it back and forth to verify the problem in the left socket.
Perhaps also by doing this the connection in the left socket may improve, per Ray's suggestion.
It didn't occur to me to try this, as I thought , as in the 24088, that the left socket is for the master controller. I recall trying the right socket in the 24088, but the MS 1 didn't function, error screen. Obviously this rule does not apply to the new connector box.
I will return the connector box if the problem persists.

Thanks very much for your help here!! BigGrin

Don
Best Regards,
Don
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 08 February 2017 08:23:29(UTC)
H0

I recall trying the right socket in the 24088, but the MS 1 didn't function, error screen.
The 24088 has a 10-hole socket and a 7-hole socket, so the MS1 only fits on the left without adaptor cable. The MS1 on the right socket only works when there also is one in the left socket.

But yes, obsolete rules stick in your head and you still use the left socket because you always did.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0