Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Jose F. Nunez  
#1 Posted : 01 February 2017 01:07:38(UTC)
Jose F. Nunez

United States   
I just bought a steam Mod.3000 old locomotive and I have some messing parts I would like to get:
- Pick up shoe and bolt missing
- Chassis bolt also missing
- Spring in the forward and back forward missing
Does any body knows where can I buy these spare parts and the PN and descriptions?
Thanks
Fernando
Offline franciscohg  
#2 Posted : 01 February 2017 01:17:14(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
hi, exploded view of the 3000

http://www.maerklin.de/s...r.php?artikelnummer=3000

look for part numbers on ebay.de or trough your dealer.
Buying Chez Maerklin can be a little expnsive when ordering spare parts

regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline franciscohg  
#3 Posted : 01 February 2017 01:22:59(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Quick search show all that parts available ( dont rush, they always areLOL )
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline dickinsonj  
#4 Posted : 01 February 2017 01:24:59(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post

Buying Chez Maerklin can be a little expensive when ordering spare parts

Indeed!

That 3000 might not be worth the money it would cost to fix it up.

On the other hand, my 3000 was my very first Märklin loco and I would most likely make the investment.

Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline franciscohg  
#5 Posted : 01 February 2017 01:28:24(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post

Buying Chez Maerklin can be a little expensive when ordering spare parts

Indeed!

That 3000 might not be worth the money it would cost to fix it up.

On the other hand, my 3000 was my very first Märklin loco and I would most likely make the investment.

They always worth to have them running smoothly, mine are, but parts where not bought at Marklin store...
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline baggio  
#6 Posted : 01 February 2017 04:02:28(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Hi, Jose:

I trust you realize you can buy a brand new 3000, now called 30000, for US$77.00 - digital - (on backorder) at Walther's?

30000 steam loco
Offline Tex  
#7 Posted : 01 February 2017 06:30:30(UTC)
Tex

United States   

Fernando,

I did not think that this old engine would have any value. I have a 3000.20 digital Class 89 that came with the digital starter set 2602 that I have owned for about 27 years. I just put it on the track and found it runs ! You will see it on e-bay next week. Tex
Offline Leitner  
#8 Posted : 01 February 2017 12:28:11(UTC)
Leitner

Taiwan, Province Of China   
I think that all those accessories cost much more than buying a new 3000. If you want a friend advice.
Ep. III (My layout is set in 1962).
I collect mainly DSB, DB and SBB but I'm quite... Open minded.
I'm quite a big collector of NOHAB lok :)
Offline RayF  
#9 Posted : 01 February 2017 12:37:11(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I don't think I'm seeing the best advice here. The cost of a pickup shoe, a couple of screws and a spring is hardly likely to amount to more than a few euros or dollars, and you have the satisfaction of having brought back to life an old classic.

Sure, you can buy a new 30000 fairly cheaply, but what's the fun in that?

I have two of these locos which are now nearing 60 years old. I take pride in saying that I keep them in running order.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline baggio  
#10 Posted : 01 February 2017 13:31:33(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
I don't think I'm seeing the best advice here.The cost of a pickup shoe, a couple of screws and a spring is hardly likely to amount to more than a few euros or dollars, and you have the satisfaction of having brought back to life an old classic.

You also have to consider putting these parts together,; whether Jose knows how to do it.

Also, the 3000 is analogue - which is fine - but does Jose want to stay in analogue when Marklin today has gone digital (albeit one can still run digital locos on an analogue layout, of course)?

If you do not have a sentimental attachment to the 3000, as many of us do, then I still think getting a 30000, maybe as part of a start set, may be the way to go.

My usual 2 cents' worth. BigGrin
Offline H0  
#11 Posted : 01 February 2017 14:46:49(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
The cost of a pickup shoe, a couple of screws and a spring is hardly likely to amount to more than a few euros or dollars
Absolutely correct.

Francisco lives in South America and he can order spare parts directly from Märklin Germany, paying the full RRP plus €50 for postage and package. That's what he meant when he wrote that buying spare parts from Mother M* directly will be costly.

Fernando cannot order from Märklin Germany, but he can order through Walthers or from European dealers - the postage will vary.

The costs of postage and package can easily exceed the costs of the spare parts.
If there is no hurry it will be worth combining the spare parts order with some other orders.

When buying a new #30000 or an operational #3000, postage and package will also add to the total cost.

Most likely the loco is worth a few Euros for spare parts. Just compare prices and combine orders.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline franciscohg  
#12 Posted : 01 February 2017 18:00:53(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Well Tom... you described my life and you are absolutely right!
Usually i dont count postage, because you have to pay for it always, and when i needed spares for refurbishing old locos, i always ordered a bulk of them, so i almost never ranout of screws, springs, brushes, pickups and tires....they are so cheap.....
There are many ebay sellers ( .de and .com ) that sells those spares and they also have others items that might be of interest, so you can always build an interesting parcel to be sent abroad.
Regards
Offline franciscohg  
#13 Posted : 01 February 2017 18:20:34(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
I must add that i buy from Marklin online shop once a year or so, mainly plastic mouldings for newer locos or coaches that are harder to find on ebay than the older spares, on that case i also order a mug, or t shirt or whatever to make the postage worth it, it is amazing the enormous sizes of packages you can send to SA for the same 50 euro....LOL
And AFAIR mother M* does not deduct VATConfused , but i might be wrong
Offline RayF  
#14 Posted : 01 February 2017 20:08:23(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I always order spare parts from Lokshop. Although they are not listed on their web shop you can email them and they will order the spares for you from Marklin.

Lokshop is a lot cheaper for postage and packing than Marklin, but still usually more expensive than the cost of the spare part. I get them to send the spares as part of a larger parcel with my latest loco or wagon purchases.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline sjbartels  
#15 Posted : 02 February 2017 22:56:30(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
Typically for parts eBay is my first stop, and more often than not I will find what I am looking for relatively cheap.

Another place that I have purchased parts from, and this person also has en eBay store that I have purchased from (and spoken with on the phone, very nice guy) is http://znhotrains.com/Default.aspx

I highly recommend.

As for the old 3000 loco, many of us typically have one (or more) laying around. They aren't worth much dollar wise for sure, but in my case, and I bet many others, mine holds a lot of sentimental value, and you can't put a price on that. Because of that, I would invest a few dollars if I needed a new part for it or something. From what I have seen around, parts for it are very common and relatively cheap on eBay.
American by Geography, Australian by Birth. I am an original Ameristraylian
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by sjbartels
Offline Tex  
#16 Posted : 04 February 2017 05:31:58(UTC)
Tex

United States   
Originally Posted by: sjbartels Go to Quoted Post
Typically for parts eBay is my first stop, and more often than not I will find what I am looking for relatively cheap.

Another place that I have purchased parts from, and this person also has en eBay store that I have purchased from (and spoken with on the phone, very nice guy) is http://znhotrains.com/Default.aspx

I highly recommend.

As for the old 3000 loco, many of us typically have one (or more) laying around. They aren't worth much dollar wise for sure, but in my case, and I bet many others, mine holds a lot of sentimental value, and you can't put a price on that. Because of that, I would invest a few dollars if I needed a new part for it or something. From what I have seen around, parts for it are very common and relatively cheap on eBay.

To give you an idea of the low value of a 3000 loco, I placed my complete and fully operational 3000.20 digital loco on e bay for $ 30 starting price with free shipping in the US and after three days only four have looked at it with no bidders and no watchers. Plan to keep it if not sold after seven days from listing.